Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where have all the Stat Tomes gone... and other questions/observations!

I have ran everyday since the update and I have not pulled not one Stat tome. Well that is not entirely true, I'll rephrase. I have not pulled a stat tome in a quest, for earlier today I did pull a +1 Dex tome on a roll of 100 on the silver roll. Really? As for the skill tomes dropping in the stat tomes place, I must ask dear Turbine this question.

Does management actually think that we the customers(players) don't see through their schemes to make even more money? I understand that for a business to succeed or even stay in business they need at times to seek alternative income streams. However, have they not already taken away the VIP gets all the new packs included in there subscription rate and made VIP's pay for all the updates? Why be a VIP anymore? That is where they are missing the boat. Now they add in taking away Stat tomes, adding in +3 and above ability tomes like Dex upgrade +3 to 4 and thus not allowing +2 or +1 to +2 ability upgrades to drop? They have to be bought?

I have played this game for over 7 years, and I love it, but this is absolutely getting ridiculous! When you start to bleed your current customers(players) to death to squeeze out every dime, you start to lose customers. I have seen it time and time again. For in life I am a manager myself, of sales people no less. If you continue to shrink your current customers through, what I would like to equate to say government over taxation, then you start to take a toll on the economy (your business Turbine income). What you need to do is balance it out more, not over tax(charge) your current customers so much while aggressively trying to market and add to your customer base. Say new customers!

If you continue on this path you will find what we all have seen. Less players(customers) playing, thus less income for Turbine, then comes the axe to your employees, then comes less productivity by your employees, then over taxation again of customers. A Downward Spiral from there till there is nothing left but......

Then END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Check store.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Default yeah i know right...

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Check store.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

Completely agree. I havent had a single stat tome drop since expansion. Before expansion I used to get 1 pr day and sometimes with luck I would get 2-3 tomes during a days play.

I have seen stat tomes drop for other people in chests but only twice since expansion.

I have not seen or heard of a stat tome through quest rewards since expansion.

I dont like these changes at all. All the DDOStore pushing leaves a really bad taste although I do spend quite a bit of money on the game in addition to VIP sub.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

I heard they have combined all of the stat tomes that should have dropped between the update and now, minced them all together and popped them out as +5 and +6 tomes for when Mabar is released, after all it's all about balance!
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Completely agree. I havent had a single stat tome drop since expansion. Before expansion I used to get 1 pr day and sometimes with luck I would get 2-3 tomes during a days play.

I have seen stat tomes drop for other people in chests but only twice since expansion.

I have not seen or heard of a stat tome through quest rewards since expansion.

I dont like these changes at all. All the DDOStore pushing leaves a really bad taste although I do spend quite a bit of money on the game in addition to VIP sub.
    If you seriously dropped 2/3 tomes a day then it is no wonder you are getting 0 now. It had to balance somewhere !
    That is an obscene drop rate.
    I have always been lucky (I thought) with tomes 1/week playing 4-5 hours a day on a range of toons. 2/3 a day I guess you were persoanlly targetted for nerfing
    Pom may refer to: An alternative word for the British /Polyoxymethylene, a common plastic polymer / Pompom, a decorative ball / Baby Pom, the youngest of the Fimbles /Puddle of Mudd, an American hard rock band

1. Seed market.
    2. Pull back on quantity of free stuff entering the market.
    3. Charge for upgrades.
    4. ???.
    5. Profit.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I suppose this could explain why I've been seeing a distinct lack of tomes appearing on the AH.

the loot tables were "updated" with the new expansion and many of the old prefix and suffixes we saw no longer drop. I would not be suprised if many of the other things that were in the loot tables did not get updated. Store items, astral gems, portable holes, tomes, extra.

Now it makes sense...

Few days ago I pulled an INT +2/+3 upgrade tome. Quick check showed my Artificer has only ever eaten an INT +1 tome. I looked on AH and was shocked to see that all level 7 tomes fit on one page, and more than half of them were +1/+2 upgrades. No INT +2 tomes at all.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I pulled 2 +2 to +3 upgrade tomes this weekend, helping a friend level his TR's. Both as end rewards, one form Elite Lord of Dust then other from an Elite Rit Sacrafice.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

I have noticed this my self and it's been longer than this update it's been over a yr or two for me any way I use too have banks full of tomes I havae not pulled one in yrs now
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

I pulled a +2 dex tome from an end rewards about a week ago for non 20th Shroud, though I must admit it's the first non~upgrade tome I've pulled since Mabar.

Quote Originally Posted by garynash7070 View Post
    I have ran everyday since the update and I have not pulled not one Stat tome. Well that is not entirely true, I'll rephrase. I have not pulled a stat tome in a quest, for earlier today I did pull a +1 Dex tome on a roll of 100 on the silver roll. Really? As for the skill tomes dropping in the stat tomes place, I must ask dear Turbine this question.

Does management actually think that we the customers(players) don't see through their schemes to make even more money? I understand that for a business to succeed or even stay in business they need at times to seek alternative income streams. However, have they not already taken away the VIP gets all the new packs included in there subscription rate and made VIP's pay for all the updates? Why be a VIP anymore? That is where they are missing the boat. Now they add in taking away Stat tomes, adding in +3 and above ability tomes like Dex upgrade +3 to 4 and thus not allowing +2 or +1 to +2 ability upgrades to drop? They have to be bought?

I have played this game for over 7 years, and I love it, but this is absolutely getting ridiculous! When you start to bleed your current customers(players) to death to squeeze out every dime, you start to lose customers. I have seen it time and time again. For in life I am a manager myself, of sales people no less. If you continue to shrink your current customers through, what I would like to equate to say government over taxation, then you start to take a toll on the economy (your business Turbine income). What you need to do is balance it out more, not over tax(charge) your current customers so much while aggressively trying to market and add to your customer base. Say new customers!

If you continue on this path you will find what we all have seen. Less players(customers) playing, thus less income for Turbine, then comes the axe to your employees, then comes less productivity by your employees, then over taxation again of customers. A Downward Spiral from there till there is nothing left but......

Then END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Couple things here.....

I have pulled two stat tomes and one upgrade tome since the expansion. That is more stat tomes than I have pulled in the past year.

Also, as a VIP, I think you guys who keep claiming they are charging us for everything are...hmm, i don't want another infraction.....not very smart. They have charged us VIPs for TWO...just TWO....EXPANSIONS. Everyone, VIP and F2P alike got the update, we paid for the EXPANSION. You know, the quests, areas, play experiences, ed's, iconics, and extras. It's bs to claim they are charging us for all updates when we have had every update between the two for free.

You people will find anything to complain about then blow it completely out of proportion. Medication would help you a lot.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Wish I had that sort of luck. I'd pull a stat tome of whatever flavor once a month IF I was lucky. But I could go 3 without seeing one. And this is with playing an average of 4 to 6 hours a day.

Community Member

I know this doesn't really mean anything, but for what it's worth, I got an INT +1 tome two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I suppose this could explain why I've been seeing a distinct lack of tomes appearing on the AH.
    I just put 3 sets of +2 tomes on AH on Khyber yesterday. still have 5 more sets plus a variety of +3s and a few +4s stored away. doing my part to keep AH in business along with many other valuable items I don't need that I pick up along the way. less AS in game = more people looking to buy from AH

Community Member

You didnt get your upgrade tome to upgrade tone of upgrading toming upgrade?

Usually what you get if you are very lucky.

I open a thread few days ago, i think turbine likes us go crazys.

Default FYI....I normally don't complain

I started this thread to make a point. If you feel I have not made it, fine, but I think I did. As for you guys will find something to complain about. Well, seems you found something to complain about eh? Nothing to see here for you, move on

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Couple things here.....

I have pulled two stat tomes and one upgrade tome since the expansion. That is more stat tomes than I have pulled in the past year.

Also, as a VIP, I think you guys who keep claiming they are charging us for everything are...hmm, i don't want another infraction.....not very smart. They have charged us VIPs for TWO...just TWO....EXPANSIONS. Everyone, VIP and F2P alike got the update, we paid for the EXPANSION. You know, the quests, areas, play experiences, ed's, iconics, and extras. It's bs to claim they are charging us for all updates when we have had every update between the two for free.

You people will find anything to complain about then blow it completely out of proportion. Medication would help you a lot.

Default Also....

When you have played and paid for this game for over 7 years then come back to me and see how you feel about the state of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast