Default Brynleifur bugged?

Hi,

tried to complete the explorations in the Vale of Twilight when we ran into the rare Brynleifur. So far so good as getting some named is always a welcomed chest and XP. However he turned invincible. I know he do this regularly when getting damaged but he never reset. Even worse he followed us around and never teleported to his original position. First I though this would be maybe a rare condition but I just reset the instance and tried it again and could reproduce it.

Someone else came around this issue? I bug reported it as I don't see this in the known issue list yet...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

There seems to be a bit of an issue with the djinns.

I had something similar happen to me in PoP, however, he became vulnerable about 30 seconds later. So not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    There seems to be a bit of an issue with the djinns.

I had something similar happen to me in PoP, however, he became vulnerable about 30 seconds later. So not certain.
    This is really annoying to hear, that mean quests like Prison of Planes and Running with the Devils may really screw you over... I wonder if it is one of the effects of the new enhancement that bug those out or if they accidentally made other modifications on the game engine...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

I'm having the same problem a few months later and as my access to the vale expires at the same time as my temporary VIP status I have a feeling I'm not going to get that slayer award.

I recently did PoP with no issues, so hopefully it's just Brynleifur that's bugged.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (26 Tempest), Heldre (17 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (13 Ranger), Alansa (22 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (26 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (16 Druid)

Community Member

Ran POP elite for flagging and XP yesterday. The Djinn bugged twice before we skipped it and moved on, never returned from invulnerability mode. This would support the conclusion that djinns are bugged at the moment, but it seems to be only certain djinns. Running with the Devils the Vishans (think thats how its spelled) acted as they are supposed to, same with the Vishan in the vale Explorer area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Unhappy

This is still happening with Brynleifur in Vale of Twilight
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

I'll echo my experience of it happening in PoP as well. Waited several minutes for him to become attackable again, finally pulled the lever and reset. Second time around completed normally. That was only one out of perhaps over a dozen PoP runs in the last few weeks, so it's kind of rare.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I have never ran into this. Maybe try to pin down the course of combat? Like the last thing cast or used on it. How much damage was being done, what dots and debuffs were on it, etc.