Hero

Default The lack of ML28 Mabar items is disappointing.

The lack of ML28 versions of Mabar items is disappointing.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Right?

I'd be perfectly content with a subpar Necro Focus IV ML28 Mabar robe (Focus V is probably asking too much) w/Nullification of maybe 126 or 132, and DR 15/Good on ML28 cloaks of night. How game breaking would those be, really? DR doesn't even do anything on EE anyway. Not meaningfully, at least.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

You forgot the random power.

Nowadays loot without Random powers is not worthy of consideration... ( by the Devs... Players know better. )

Honestly, I prefer that they gives out tomes and augments instead of breaking the event loot. ( even if said event loot is not that great at endgame now )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Right?

I'd be perfectly content with a subpar Necro Focus IV ML28 Mabar robe (Focus V is probably asking too much) w/Nullification of maybe 126 or 132, and DR 15/Good on ML28 cloaks of night. How game breaking would those be, really? DR doesn't even do anything on EE anyway. Not meaningfully, at least.
    There's no reason why the ML28 Robe of Night can't be Necro Focus V with 138 Nullification, 50 HP and some value of Void Lore. Considering how easy it is to get an EH Nether Orb with +5 Necro DC, I don't know if it's even worth using over the Flawless Blue Dragonscale Robe set. It's just nice to have an option of where to slot the +5 Necro DC.

As for DR, it still scales meaningfully against EE Shadowfell archers which hit for 60 before damage reduction.

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Community Member

agree. If they do not upgrade the items come up with new items

Items with
    15% ghostly
    Vampirism
    Curse spewing
    Last edited by IBCrabin; 09-16-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    agree. If they do not upgrade the items come up with new items

Items with
    15% ghostly
    Vampirism
    Curse spewing
    Updating existing items with higher MLs is an easy button compared to creating new items. I'm ok with the easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The lack of ML28 versions of Mabar items is disappointing.
    Well at least this time they didn't:
    Promise ML 24 [Cove] items for that year. Didn't change the event at all.
    Promise ML 24 [Cove] items for the second year. Added Glass Cannon.
    Third year: Didn't promise anything. Added nothing.

Yeah, Cove has been disappointing for a while now- though, honestly, it's more disappointing that in most ways ML24 Mabar items compare to ML20 Cove items [and ML20 Mabar items feel as if they ought be 16- ESPECIALLY with the new item enchantments pass].

For whatever reason, events almost never get any real love or attention- which is peculiar, given that you'd think it relatively easy [compared to, say, adding a full new dungeon or mechanics change] modify items.

Oh, and while I'm going on about THAT, lets take a moment to remember all the promises about passes on old epic items [Especially Sands, Fens, and Chrono- those've all been iffy since they came out..]

;P

"Poke Poke"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Really, the lvl 24 robe/docent are way underpowered. Considering the 12% lore (Now there are 18% lore items) and 114 nullification (there are 138 augments now) And boon doin just cause light? In epic content, hardly noticeable.

Why? Then we'd actually have a reason to participate in this banality.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

When I saw the announcement about "adjusting" mabar to new higher levels I was sure loot was included.

How silly I was
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz, Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Well, I think the augment idea was a good angle to take, so you can take those Mabar augments and use them on other items that you use, or that are more widely applicable (I only use those handwraps on Undead, so making my Undead beater SLIGHTLY better isn't super exciting to me). However, they really needed to extend that idea well beyond the three augments they provided.

Still don't understand why we can't put 'Festival' stuff on crafted things though. *sigh*

Step 1: Have an event that is laid out in a relatively boring manner. Have the option to adjust it. Don't.
    Step 2: Have an event with few items, all of which are underpowered to their level, and don't upgrade up to the level cap. Have the option to do a pass on the items. Don't.
    Step 3: Grab a character buffing item that, in the game's lifespan, is still relatively new to the game as a super rare item drop, and offer as an awkward to get free drop from the event. Then go to sleep?
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Prof- ..wait..

Well, there is certainly some unique considerations involved on how the devs approach events.
    Heck, look at Risia- rather than revamp the ancient event, they simply tacked on an alternate version of it.
    WHICH ISN'T A BAD IDEA! Variety is great!
    ...except the new event was just as awkward and boringly repetative and unengaging as the first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by carpone View Post
    the lack of ml28 versions of mabar items is disappointing.

wah.

Just makes sense that there would be level 28 gear considering the new level cap. It's not that they didn't know about Mabar coming up. And other than a tome.. what else is worth getting now?

This should sum it up for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

Good news everyone there is a new mabar item but it's bugged so it drops in random chests. It's called Ghostbane. Ghostbane makes everything better right? right? anyone?