first of all, I'm fairly new to DDO. It's a ****ing great game. Also very nice job you guys here are doing. I already tried a few builds from this Forum.
After Reading this:
And Especially this:
"Concept: This is kind of an interesting build. This build focuses on advancing through the Tempest tree, trying to get your off-hand, double strike, off-hand double strike as high as you can. Then become a vampire and gain health every time you land a hit. Throw in an attack speed haste boost and you can heal pretty fast
Class Distribution: 14 Ranger, 6 Wizard; feasible at level 12
Enhancement/Item Focus: Two-Handed fighting feats/enhancements (though most are granted via ranger). Dex for damage (via the tempest tree). Con and health items/enhancements."
I wanted to try this build and theorycrafted a little. I know it will probably not be that good for Raids, but I'm more of a "play to have fun" player. These are the two things i came up with. I'd like your opinion on these and every improvement you can spare ^^
1. 7 Wizard / 3 Ranger / 10 Monk - Centered Shortsword Poison Vampire
As Race I thought maybe Drow because of Int and Dex Bonus as well as having the Shortsword enhancements
- 7 Wizard for Vampire and Rank 4 Spells for selfheal (Death Aura / Negative Energy Burst)
- 3 Ranger for TWF, Haste Action Boost and 10% Offhand Strike
- 10 Monk for AC, Dex to hit/dmg, Improved Evasion, Higher Saves, 4d6 Sneak Attack, Ninja Poison, Probably Shadow Double for 6 sec 100% Double Strike
Feats here would be 7 regular, 2 Wizard and 3 Monk
- Wizard: Mental Toughness and Empower Spell
- The other 10 are: ITWF, GTWF, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Master of Forms, Grandmaster of Forms, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave and maybe Toughness
2. 12 Wizard / 6 Ranger / 2 Monk
Race again Drow for Dex/Int, or maybe Elf for Scimitar Enhancements
- 12 Wizard for Vampire, Wraith, Rank 5 Spells
- 6 Ranger for Dex to hit/dmg with Scimitars, 10% Offhand Strike as well as ITWF
- 2 Monk for Evasion and 2 Bonus Feats
Featwise I would drop the Master of forms/Grandmaster of Forms since I'm not Centered with Scimitars and take Combat Expertise and Whirlwind Strike. Third Wizard feat could be Improved Mental Toughness or Spell Focus: Necromancy
A Third Method could be 12 Ranger / 7 Wizard / 1 something
- giving 100% Offhand Strike, GTWF automatically, Deflect Arrows
- Maybe Rogue for Trap Skills
So Guys, what do you think? Any Improvements or Suggestions are very welcome. Thanks upfront for anything helpful.
Again, I know it won't be very good, I just want to have a Life Leeching Vampire.