Community Member

Default No Subscription to DDO found? Need Product Key?

Hi I downloaded DDO to play alongside one of my friends but upon downloading and logging in, it tells me I don't have a subscription. I've looked around the internet and found that I needed to contact Turbine for a Product Key (which is a weird system btw), when i filed the ticket under the "Request Free Key" area, it tells me that a verification email was sent to my gmail account, only no email ever came. I'm worried that they didn't actually receive my request and I would be waiting here for nothing so can someone help me out with this? What do I do now?

Community Member

DDO is f2p now. You don't need a subsciption to play. There is no product key anymore, it is for when DDO first came out on CD, which is no longer used these days.

However, you will be limited in what you can build and explore as a free player. If you want full access to most things, then you need to subscribe, you will need to upgrade to VIP(monthly subscription). Another alternative is to buy Turbine points and pay only for what you want (quests, races, classes etc).

Quote Originally Posted by MattWeave View Post
    Hi I downloaded DDO to play alongside one of my friends but upon downloading and logging in, it tells me I don't have a subscription. I've looked around the internet and found that I needed to contact Turbine for a Product Key (which is a weird system btw), when i filed the ticket under the "Request Free Key" area, it tells me that a verification email was sent to my gmail account, only no email ever came. I'm worried that they didn't actually receive my request and I would be waiting here for nothing so can someone help me out with this? What do I do now?
    Did you remember to check your SPAM filter? It can take account services a few days to respond.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Manager

No Product Key is necessary in order to create a new account. You should be able to create a new account during sign up without issue, if there's a specific issue causing you trouble, let us know!

https://signup.ddo.com/
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!