Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My lvl 23 second life Arti cant go in any of the Storm horns quests unless they are on normal. Which is a real shame because nobody wants to run anything on normal. So i have to grind normal solo to be able to quest with other people.
    It sort of strange because people have a hard time finding a group and when half of the people cant go in a quest even if the payed for it it makes questing harder for all of us.

This is just stupid.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Things that make you go, Huh!?

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    That's all nice and cool and even understand why, but at least on a multi TR or Completionist they should consider relaxing this. If you are able to pull your weight through a level 24 quest on epic elite while being level 20 then so be it. I mean I would understand if they completely lock you out of the quest from being under level, but to only provide the option to run it on normal instead is crazy.
    There were some exploit-ish things going on when they allowed low level toons to enter high level quests. That's the reason they added a hard limit to how far you can be under level.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

"Interesting" design decision. Or something.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    "Interesting" design decision. Or something.
    I would have gone with ill-conceived and ********. But "interesting" will do, I suppose. Or perhaps "par for the course" is more appropriate.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    I would have gone with ill-conceived and ********. But "interesting" will do, I suppose. Or perhaps "par for the course" is more appropriate.
    Par for the course is, sadly, all too true.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Flawless idea! Now if i have lv 20 and want do epic quest with elite streak for extra XP I can't... Game force me to break my streak and do normal...
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 21th: 10drd/6rgr/4ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 4th life barb
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Apparently the TR characters ability to open higher difficulties has been removed in the latest update for Epics. Could still open elites fine with my completionist on heroics, but not now for epics. So I guess it is back to level 1 again, since Turbine does not want me to play epics. (heroic normal is just "fall asleep" and heroic hard is just boringly easy)
    Um threatening to just TR again isn't likely to get much of a response. They really don't care what level you are playing as long as you are playing.

Try, "So I guess it's back to -whatever it is you do when not playing DDO (unless it's another Turbine game)- until they fix this" if you want to maybe get their attention.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    Flawless idea! Now if i have lv 20 and want do epic quest with elite streak for extra XP I can't... Game force me to break my streak and do normal...
    You can, you just have to do it in base level 22 or lower quests.

Community Member

Forcing play through arbitrary and unecessary mechanics? Why, that doesn't sound like Turbine at all.

Maybe if good game design, understanding player motivation, and the concept of long-term planning were more than words tacked to the office dartboard, things might go a little smoother from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, this seems to be the theme with lots of things from Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    You can, you just have to do it in base level 22 or lower quests.
    And the reason I would want to run only low level epics when I am level 20 and trying to get the few last XP into some destiny so being in effect level 25 except few less Hitpoints and way more powerful than many/most level 25 characters is?

Community Member

Default The Devs screwed me again too!

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    LOL. I shouldn't laugh but the irony... oh man...

This is annoying. Now we're going to have to pay special attention to which xp quests when > 20. Prior to this I've just gone flag CITW (EE for PDK if you have friends/guildies/pugs who are willing), flag eGH and then whatever so I could start raiding straight away. But nope. No, NOW you have to spend time fart assing around until you get to 22 and THEN you can flag.
    Indeed! I've been running quests with several friends for a while now. I'm a completionist with 2 epic TRs now. I just finished epic-TRing and went to join them in an EE Return to Madstone, only to find out that i couldn't get in. I tried logging out/in. I tried running back out to quest, but it still wouldn't let me in! Finally googled my issue, only to find that f***ing turbine has screwed players out of running content with their friends.

I don't mind a penalty for running below level, but don't keep me from playing with my friends! It may have been really tough, and maybe not. I know how to survive mobs and avoid getting the agro...but it should be my decision to take the risk, not forced on me by devs that don't know how to properly plan for their own released content. Epic quests + epic TR should be a good thing, not penalized.

~Metallyx
    ~Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    And the reason I would want to run only low level epics when I am level 20 and trying to get the few last XP into some destiny so being in effect level 25 except few less Hitpoints and way more powerful than many/most level 25 characters is?
    Bit of a necro, but...Because doing else wise is a really poor way to get xp anyway???

If I'm just looking for xp the level22- quests von3, wizking, rusted blades and impossible demands are where I'm going to look for them anyway.

Its 4 lvls difference now on epics, meaning if quest lvl is 26, you have to be ml 22 to enter, unless it is bugged for you, I saw some people enter at 20 any quest they want.

Kind of odd gating quests based on levels in epics when the vast majority of character power is in destinies, which are not themselves level gated. Level gating makes perfect sense in heroics, but does not in epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Kind of odd gating quests based on levels in epics when the vast majority of character power is in destinies, which are not themselves level gated. Level gating makes perfect sense in heroics, but does not in epics.
    Might it be a sort of fix to avoid people entering epics at 18?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Blame players. Back in MOTU beta, devs wanted to use epic destiny level for level considerations, but players said no.

Community Member

It does if you what to keep the older, lower level, epic content relevant.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast