Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default TR characters can no longer open harder difficulties in epic quests?

Apparently the TR characters ability to open higher difficulties has been removed in the latest update for Epics. Could still open elites fine with my completionist on heroics, but not now for epics. So I guess it is back to level 1 again, since Turbine does not want me to play epics. (heroic normal is just "fall asleep" and heroic hard is just boringly easy)

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Apparently the TR characters ability to open higher difficulties has been removed in the latest update for Epics. Could still open elites fine with my completionist on heroics, but not now for epics. So I guess it is back to level 1 again, since Turbine does not want me to play epics. (heroic normal is just "fall asleep" and heroic hard is just boringly easy)
    First lifers can open epic quests on elite also. On live.

Community Member

Before you rage TR, I think you were a bit confused.

As a TR, you get to open any quest on any difficulty you have previously unlocked.

If you are doing a brand new quest, and are VIP/Free, then you get Normal only, to start.

It gets weirder.

I can open some quests just fine but not others. *sigh* - consistency is good..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post

As a TR, you get to open any quest on any difficulty you have previously unlocked.

If you are doing a brand new quest, and are VIP/Free, then you get Normal only, to start.
    that is absolutely incorrect, vip has the option to open any quest on any difficulty, regardless if they have it unlocked or no (in fact ANYONE can open ANY difficulty if they have it unlocked already lol), same should count for "legend" characters (ones that have tred twice or more).

Nope.

As third life+ I have been able to always open any quest on elite, also in new packs.

2014 DDO Players Council

They did some odd change where at the lower epic levels you can't get into the higher epic level quests, I think. I'm not sure I saw any detailed description of how that works, though. Could that be your issue?

If I can no longer open quests for Elite streak when I TR, I'm going to be very unhappy.

I'm honestly unsure if this is a troll thread or not just to stir things up. OP can you post a ss of the higher diffs greyed out on epic if you're serious?

This is incorrect. A legend tr can open any heroic quest on elite. I have done this with quests i have never played before.

Anybody can open any epic quest on any difficulty. I have done this with first life characters in quests i have never played before.

I am talking about the current on live status. If things are different on Lamania i don't know.

Community Member

In the current live status, some characters can't open epic quests in harder difficulties. Live. Epic.

Hooray for doing all quests normal if you want epic exp. I'm sure that will get people playing epics...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    In the current live status, some characters can't open epic quests in harder difficulties. Live. Epic.

Hooray for doing all quests normal if you want epic exp. I'm sure that will get people playing epics...
    Who are these people and is there something else going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I'm honestly unsure if this is a troll thread or not just to stir things up. OP can you post a ss of the higher diffs greyed out on epic if you're serious?

Community Member

What level are you?

Yea, part of their recent "Lock out the 19s from Epic quests" was to make it so you can't be power levelled in (at the very least) epic quests either. If you're more than 4 levels from quest difficulty level/chest level then you can't get in.

We tried to help a level 22 friend flag for GH during a loot weekend, and he couldn't do above hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    What level are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Yea, part of their recent "Lock out the 19s from Epic quests" was to make it so you can't be power levelled in (at the very least) epic quests either. If you're more than 4 levels from quest difficulty level/chest level then you can't get in.

We tried to help a level 22 friend flag for GH during a loot weekend, and he couldn't do above hard.
    Ugh, so I am now power leveling myself when soloing?

I recently couldn't enter a level 26 quest on hard on a level 22 character; I suspect that you cannot enter (epic) quests that are 5 or more levels higher than your character after the quest level is adjusted for difficulty. In my particular case it would have been character level 22 vs. quest level 27 (26 on hard), while in your case it would be character level 20 vs. quest level 25 (24 on hard).

There is a similar, but different mechanic in heroic. You can't enter quests at all that are a certain number of levels above you. Isn't it about 5? It just doesn't, or hasn't yet considered the difficulty adjustment.

Out of curiosity, try to enter the highest base level quests, i assume they are in Wheloon. See if you can enter them at all.

Community Member

So people can no longer seek that greater level of challenge? This is an unwanted fix for a problem that really wasn't a problem. The cure is worse than the disease. Please, devs, change this back.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

That's messed up, even if it's the new level gating, maybe we'll get lucky and a dev will chime in on if this is wai or not.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast