Default Is Kensai Exotic Weaponry Broken?

I am a fighter Stalwart Defender - I had a few pts so I put it into the Kensai Focus, Specializtion and exotic weapons (which are supposed to allow proficiency in Khopesh and Bastard Swords)- heavy blades. When I go to my inventory, bastard swords are still not proficient. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong in order for this to work?
    Kino Yamabushi (20 Cleric, 6 Epic), Rayel (3 Paladin, 17 Fighter, 8 Epic), Ixio (20 Bard, 8 Epic), Riverwing (11 Druid), Abutilon (11 Sorc), Marni (Bard 12, Fighter 2, Rogue 6, Epic 3), Aoi (Cleric 20, 8 epic), Steeleyes (18 Barbarian) - Thelanis

Default you have to...

also have the Exotic feat taken Bastard Swords. The Kensai focus enhancement only adds that to the the list if you also have Exotic Bastard Sword proficiency. Hope this helps.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

It does, thanks Gary, now I understand. It doesn't add a feat, but it adds those weapons types to the focus and specialization.
    Kino Yamabushi (20 Cleric, 6 Epic), Rayel (3 Paladin, 17 Fighter, 8 Epic), Ixio (20 Bard, 8 Epic), Riverwing (11 Druid), Abutilon (11 Sorc), Marni (Bard 12, Fighter 2, Rogue 6, Epic 3), Aoi (Cleric 20, 8 epic), Steeleyes (18 Barbarian) - Thelanis