Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

what are you people talking about?

Kothos was not "Designed to stop gold spammers"

Anyone can immediately skip all korthos content and go straight to the harbor.

The gold spammers were quelled by instituting Free to play plat, AH, and mailing limits.

Theres no Gold Spam related reason not to have a mailbox and bank in korthos.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Why not start TR-hood in the marketplace at the tower like vet status toons do?

Or...in the Hall of Heroes when that gets populated with more portals and stuff?

Not that I wouldn't like a bank in Korthos; I would.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Why not start TR-hood in the marketplace at the tower like vet status toons do?

Or...in the Hall of Heroes when that gets populated with more portals and stuff?

Not that I wouldn't like a bank in Korthos; I would.
    Ya know, that's kind of a great idea. It doesn't solve the issue of new toons here being able to get guild invites as Tr's don't lose their guilds(although to be honest, if they want the buffs anyway they have to leave korthos to get them, so I fail to see why passing the mailbox on the way to the guild hall is an imposition as stated in an earlier post, unless they're just that worried about missing on that little bit of renown from korthos and the 30 seconds to get to the mailbox messes with their xp/minute plans I suppose).
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Anyone can immediately skip all korthos content and go straight to the harbor.
    No, you can't. You have to have run through snowy side at least once on your account before you're allowed to skip it. Or you have to pay real money to start as vet status or iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    No, you can't. You have to have run through snowy side at least once on your account before you're allowed to skip it. Or you have to pay real money to start as vet status or iconic.
    That's no longer true. I have grotto-only xp bank toons sitting at level one.

It used to be true, but it is no longer true...and hasn't been true for at least a year.

Son of a...not only are you right, but *I* have bank toons from a mule account sitting in the crafting hall that never ran a single quest. Being wrong is one thing, but being wrong about something you have first-hand experience with is a special kind of embarrassing.

My bad.

Community Member

A banker would be nice. Mailbox...meh.

A TR hall with a banker would be nicer. Once you equip yourself you can step out to the Grotto, Korthos or the Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Son of a...not only are you right, but *I* have bank toons from a mule account sitting in the crafting hall that never ran a single quest. Being wrong is one thing, but being wrong about something you have first-hand experience with is a special kind of embarrassing.

My bad.
    No worries. It was true for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by gk_zone View Post
    Sometimes new toons need a guild invite if they're not online. That is all. Thanks for your consideration.
    Okay, I've read through the posts and see compelling arguments both for and against mailbox/bank/etc on Korthos, but I really am stuck on the OP's situation. How exactly does the situation come about that a new player without access to mailbox needs a guild invite when they are not online?

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyYuri View Post
    A banker would be nice. Mailbox...meh.

A TR hall with a banker would be nicer. Once you equip yourself you can step out to the Grotto, Korthos or the Harbor.
    I like this idea. A TR hall with a banker that has multiple doors leading to Harbor or Korthos. A porter to get to your guild ship inside and only TRs allowed in the hall, like a ritzy country club. One door could even lead out to Korthos for the walk of shame.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by berlinetta84 View Post
    Okay, I've read through the posts and see compelling arguments both for and against mailbox/bank/etc on Korthos, but I really am stuck on the OP's situation. How exactly does the situation come about that a new player without access to mailbox needs a guild invite when they are not online?
    The only thing I can think of is Gamer A convinces buddy Gamer B to try ddo, and says I'll invite you to my guild! So Gamer B gets on the next day, but Gamer A is doing his homework and not online. I can't think of any other way a brand new out of the box unable to get to a mailbox player would even know what his guild options were, let alone need one RIGHT NOW in Korthos.

Although, in that scenario, Gamer A is assuming a few unflattering things about Gamer B if you think about it.

1) Gamer B will for some reason not wait for Gamer A and join the first random guild that invites him, and develop such instant loyalty that he won't leave to join A's guild.

2) Gamer A assumes Gamer B doesn't know enough to call/text/im/Skype/wahthave you his friend to say Hey, I'm here, and I need an invite right now!

3) That gamer b would magically rack up so much renown in Korthos that it will level his guild, and therefore can't miss a single point until B gets out.

4) And, unlikely but possible, that B actually wants to join A's guild, and not look around to find his own niche. But since they were friends and spoke about it beforehand in this scenario, probably not. LOL

Does my boredom level trapped extra hours at work show here?
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12