Default Why ddo double bonus offer differs ingame and on site ?

Comparing http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorepoints to what I can see ingame differs alot:

eg. There is no option for 33500 total points but just 31400 etc.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz, Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Hero

I just clicked the link and see the 33500 offer. Not sure why yours is showing differently.

Yes, on the link there is option for 33500, but what I see in game in ddo store is just 31400.

I'm from EU location. Can anyone confirm that in US ?

Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Yes, on the link there is option for 33500, but what I see in game in ddo store is just 31400.

I'm from EU location. Can anyone confirm that in US ?
    I see 33500 in both places.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Well I see 12600 base + 18800 bonus = 31400 points for € 149.99

Looks like Turbine love EU players less than those paying in $

Zapraszamy!

Community Member

12500 + 21000 = 33500 for $ 199.99

Maybe bug?

ETA: Or maybe adjustment for VAT?
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 09-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Comparing http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorepoints to what I can see ingame differs alot:

eg. There is no option for 33500 total points but just 31400 etc.
    Because you look at the € price and reward, while the picture show the $ price and reward.

So either 33.500 for $199 or 31.400 for €149 and it is like this since quite a while...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    12500 + 21000 = 33500 for $ 199.99

Maybe bug?

ETA: Or maybe adjustment for VAT?
    Dunno maybe there is a regulatory limit that certain in-game stuff can't be sold somewhere in the euro zone for more then 150€.
    Maybe its due to the fact that €1 = $1.33 right now which mean that €150 about $199,
    while on the other hand the bonus value has some kind of fixed multiplier based on the price value which not scale with the currency.

... anyway, the only entry that can be compared is the one with 1250 base points which as in US and EU both give +700 bonus.
    I would have spend €200 if they would have let me, but apparently Turbine doesn't need our money
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

It would be nice to get an answer, but we will have to wait until business hours.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Just want to mention those point plans were always same in the past.

Zapraszamy!

Community Member

European player have to PAY MORE, plain simple.

You old continent pal. Just get use to this.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Disclaimer, I have no idea how it is at Turbine, they may have a better or worse deal than we do with our bank.

But at my company, when we do international business with any other country, even ones on the same continent, if they don't pay in US dollars our bank does charge us a fee for the foreign currency exchange and other 'services' whatever they are associated with getting payment. This fee then gets passed on to the customer, so foreign customers do pay more. It's not a matter of liking those customer less (although I do confess customs forms sometimes make me weep in the corner) but simple business constraints that for us to get the actual American dollar amount the item costs will cost them more (or less, depending on exchange rate, and some do prefer to exchange at their end and pay in us dollars because it works out cheaper for them).

And I have no idea how the VAT tax works or any laws in Europe that may be coming into play for this issue either, this is not a simple issue. International trade is freakin' complicated. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Disclaimer, I have no idea how it is at Turbine, they may have a better or worse deal than we do with our bank.

But at my company, when we do international business with any other country, even ones on the same continent, if they don't pay in US dollars our bank does charge us a fee for the foreign currency exchange and other 'services' whatever they are associated with getting payment. This fee then gets passed on to the customer, so foreign customers do pay more. It's not a matter of liking those customer less (although I do confess customs forms sometimes make me weep in the corner) but simple business constraints that for us to get the actual American dollar amount the item costs will cost them more (or less, depending on exchange rate, and some do prefer to exchange at their end and pay in us dollars because it works out cheaper for them).

And I have no idea how the VAT tax works or any laws in Europe that may be coming into play for this issue either, this is not a simple issue. International trade is freakin' complicated. LOL
    Well actually in the past they directly charged my credit card in US dollar and it was me who paid the exchange which is a negligible value compared to the debit, so that doesn't make up for the difference. Regarding VAT they charge about 20% of the price, however I suspect that even in the US a company has to pay taxes and will try to pass those in the price down to the customer.

But that is actually not of importance, because they could just rise the price from €149 to €199 and in case we calculate with 20% the amount of VAT would increase from about €29 to €39, but as well the earning of €40 for which more points could be handed out. So as long as the VAT stay the same for a price raise, the amount or the existence of the VAT doesn't matter of the fact that you get overall less bonus points in Europe.