Question GS Weapon: please help or explain what happened

So, on my previous life on my "main", I ran the Shroud a number of times to collect all the ingredients I need to make my 3rd greensteel item/weapon. I used http://crafting.cubicleninja.com as I had in the past to map out how much of each item I need, and through which steps I needed to go. Ultimately I was hoping to create:

+5 Green Steel Greatsword (3d6) Acid Blast, Aspect of Mineral (Either), Aspect of Mineral II - (Weapon), Holy, Acid Burst: (below image of what I expected)

As mentioned, I had dome this before, so I knew where to pay attention and where the potential pitfalls could be in screwing this up. Seems I managed anyhow

What I ended up with was: (what's weird to me is that what I ended up with has all the same effects etc. as what I expected to have, but I seem to be missing the "Supreme Tyrant" and Aspect of Mineral" in the description):

To test what happened, and where I went wrong, I logged onto Lamania, created the weapon by following the steps again (weapon turned out as expected) and also tried to recreate the same effect/weapon which I now have on live. The closest I can come to is this:

Now, I should probably have mentioned that almost immediately after creating the GS, I TR'ed and the sword went into my TR cache. Did the weapon "break" or become bugged as part of the change to some items/weapons, or did I just royally screw myself in the crafting process and not notice it until I pulled the sword out of my cache and tried to use it?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

PS: My partner and I made identical weapons while I made this sword, and hers came out just fine.
    Last edited by Rubix; 09-15-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Fixed image links

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    So, on my previous life on my "main", I ran the Shroud a number of times to collect all the ingredients I need to make my 3rd greensteel item/weapon. I used http://crafting.cubicleninja.com as I had in the past to map out how much of each item I need, and through which steps I needed to go. Ultimately I was hoping to create:

+5 Green Steel Greatsword (3d6) Acid Blast, Aspect of Mineral (Either), Aspect of Mineral II - (Weapon), Holy, Acid Burst: (below image of what I expected)

As mentioned, I had dome this before, so I knew where to pay attention and where the potential pitfalls could be in screwing this up. Seems I managed anyhow

What I ended up with was: (what's weird to me is that what I ended up with has all the same effects etc. as what I expected to have, but I seem to be missing the "Supreme Tyrant" and Aspect of Mineral" in the description):

To test what happened, and where I went wrong, I logged onto Lamania, created the weapon by following the steps again (weapon turned out as expected) and also tried to recreate the same effect/weapon which I now have on live. The closest I can come to is this:

Now, I should probably have mentioned that almost immediately after creating the GS, I TR'ed and the sword went into my TR cache. Did the weapon "break" or become bugged as part of the change to some items/weapons, or did I just royally screw myself in the crafting process and not notice it until I pulled the sword out of my cache and tried to use it?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

PS: My partner and I made identical weapons while I made this sword, and hers came out just fine.
    Pictures are missing. Well, at least for my google chrome.

Anyway, since your partner s GS went smoothly, its likely that there in no bug in game - so it is you who did something wrong. Since that it very hard/impossible to recreate, you have two possible options:
    1. Deal with it and move on. It happens, life suck, take someone s supervision next time. (I am not trying to be mean to you - I really mean that as a good advice and DO feel sorry for ya)
    2. Try and put up a ticked, hoping for a good dev, that MAY halp you. It is not propable, but it may happen. Buddy of mine screwed up on Reincarnating, put up a ticked and even thou there wasnt really any big reason to help him, dev did helped him and corrected his own error. Taking in consideration how complicated GS crafting is, I would not held you chances too high, but it may happen.

Fixed the image links, should work now.

sorry op not seeing the problem other than the name is screwed up you have the metalline etc effects from min2.

Community Member

i agree, theyre the same weapon with different names possibly due to the changes to item effects messign with the names?

That's really odd how messed up the last item is, having lost the metalline property, however, the middle item seems to be a purely cosmetic issue.

Not sure what to tell, I have not made GS in a while, and if your partner made an item with zero issues, I am not sure what to tell, there seems to be a direct bug in the system related to what you have done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Fixed the image links, should work now.
    Oh, I see the pics now, please, ignore my previous post, as I thought that something bad actually happened to OP.

I seriously dont see the problem here. It looks the same when you hold it in your hands, it does the same, it is the same, except for name.

Who cares about that? Bug report if you are unhappy, but rly - who cares? If my ESoS would be called Rubber Shortsword of Epic Fail but would still work and look as ESoS, I would not care.
    In fact, I would be linking it everywhere!

Smile

Oh, the 2nd one is damaged. You should report it.

Community Member

They changed the crafting UI awhile ago, but because of that my guess is you chose the wrong thing at the very end.
    There is usually two options at the very end to choose from, one will make the supreme tyrant and the other will result in the failure that
    is the second great sword pic you have there. Most times people forget to merge the two shards together on a two shard item, but this one really looks like you just chose the wrong "end" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Melondrop View Post
    They changed the crafting UI awhile ago, but because of that my guess is you chose the wrong thing at the very end.
    There is usually two options at the very end to choose from, one will make the supreme tyrant and the other will result in the failure that
    is the second great sword pic you have there. Most times people forget to merge the two shards together on a two shard item, but this one really looks like you just chose the wrong "end" choice.
    The third one was him playing on lam, it's not a real item, the one he thinks is broken is the second picture, and it still has all the effects just a buggy name so it's really not an issue compared to most ddo issues.