Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Where are the bone dragons...sad face.
    Ooh that would be cool, if they made little ones running rampant around the place! Like the size of a bear maybe. Ah well, there is no lore reason for little bone dragons gone wild. so I guess I"ll never see it. I suspect the spectral dragon wouldn't want to share his territory with another large dragon though, in my experience dragons are rather territorial.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Ooh that would be cool, if they made little ones running rampant around the place! Like the size of a bear maybe. Ah well, there is no lore reason for little bone dragons gone wild. so I guess I"ll never see it. I suspect the spectral dragon wouldn't want to share his territory with another large dragon though, in my experience dragons are rather territorial.
    I was thinking a rather large bone dragon, whomever kills it get's a sigil thingy...oh the chaos would ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Shadar-kai first appeared in the 3rd addition Fiend Folio.

The #1 rule of Eberron from day 1 is that "if it exists in D&D, then it exists in Eberron."

So even if you buy into the tired argument that 4e material "doesn't count," there is still precedent for Shadar-Kai in Eberron.

I much prefer TrinityTurtle's argument, but in recognition of the way that setting-purist logic works, I submit the above.
    That is good to know, Fiend folio is one of the books that I never had a chance to take a look at. Objection withdrawn.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Werewolves wouldn't fit the plane of night theme. I can see shadar kai. But werewolves are pretty much extinct in Eberron. If a bunch were found in one spot like a graveyard, Thrane and the silver flame would probably send a huge military force to kill them.
    When MOTU was first unveiled and there were werewolves in it, I really thought the Devs would take that ball and run with it. With werewolves killed out by the Silver Flame in Eberron, the portal to Eveningstar would re-introduce them to Stormreach.

Back then, I even suggested that this Halloween (since the Devs would have a full year to work on it) should have a new pack where the Silver Flame have re-established their war against the new invaders. Since the Silver Flame aren't just concerned about the undead (shocking if you look at the quests tied to their favor) but also evil outsiders, werewolves and others, this would show a more rounded Silver Flame presence in Stormreach. Of course, unfortunately the Devs have dropped any future new Eberron content (Epicifying excluded), so that pack will never happen.

I'll throw my support behind others who said that werewolves would have been a better choice for Mabar though. Shadar-Kai don't fit the festival, in my opinion; and it seems to be more of push by Turbine's current flavor of the month.. you know the flavor of the month that the Devs push support hard for us to buy or use, but support for it drops within two updates.

Dolurrh being the shadowfell is from 4e, according to the Eberron wiki (just saying that as a point of clarification). Speakin of, do you have a splat book reference for shadar kai being in mabar? It's not on the wiki, and in general i'm interested in that sort of thing.

edit: nvm, didnt read far enough ahead.
    Last edited by Fefnir_2011; 09-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    How are you explaining faerunians showing up on an ebberonian planar coterminous event?
    Shadar-Kai & The Shadowfell are not FR specific they show up in Eberron in Dolurrh, they also show up in Mabar the plane of night.

Lastly an possibly most important is the #1 Rule of Eberron: If it exists in DnD it Eixsts in Ebberon...Not to mention even if this wasn't the cause it wouldn't be to hard for FR races,etc. to cross into Eberron now.

Speaking of which I don't think there should be a split in the deities between Eberron borne and FR borne characters...there's no reason someone from either realm couldn't find religion in the other...remember all adventurers has a life before becoming an adventurer...note how their all adults.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    .. which inconveniently have stopped dropping, I believe. I may have to resort to swinging my triple-positive maul, despite being in no way spec'ed for it.
    Incorrect. I got a pair of solar handwraps of disruption last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Speaking of which I don't think there should be a split in the deities between Eberron borne and FR borne characters...there's no reason someone from either realm couldn't find religion in the other...remember all adventurers has a life before becoming an adventurer...note how their all adults.
    How many people do you think run a level 16 quest through a portion of the demonweb before they start their adventuring career?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Incorrect. I got a pair of solar handwraps of disruption last week.
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.

Even better, it now has "improved disruption" dropping - 150 damage if 1500 hp or more, destroyed if less, plus more bane damage (can't remember how much offhand).
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Draughts of Midnight have been updated to include the Shadar-kai and Succubi found in Delera's Graveyard during the event, and that change will go Live with the rest of the Mabar updates.
    Thanks for the reply Steelstar.

Oh, while I haven't seen as much complaining about succubi in Mabar as there has been about the Shadar-kai (no need to speculate on why...), I figured it was worth mentioning that succubi are actually listed as common inhabitants of Mabar in the Eberron Campaign Setting book (3.5 edition, for those of you who care about such things ).
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I just love the Shadar Kai because they look so punk. I feel like it's like the graveyard near where I live just up the street on a Saturday night - except I'm not actually there. Win! I can't help looking out carefully at my feet for discarded needles and I mistake looking at leaves for used other things.

Yeah, they're not ghosties and ghouls that's for sure.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    How are you explaining faerunians showing up on an ebberonian planar coterminous event?
    The same way you can have humans in both Eberron and Faerun?

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    Shadar-Kai DO NOT BELONG in an Eberron themed Event!
    Agreed, if they were they would have showed up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Shadar-kais are not creepy either anyway. They are just boring. If they HAVE TO put new mobs in here, I'd like much more werewolves, rats, hags, takens.
    Borring indeed!
    Rats/spiders/ fleshgolems(frankenstein monster?) etc

Good point... especially given the timing and the pumpkins everywhere.

I do agree that the Faerun/Eberron crossover is pretty bizarre from a lore standpoint, though.
    yeah, whether they can be introduced in Eberon, one should ask if you should introduce them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    OMG! THis is why I would fail as a developer. Not only did I forget the werewolves, but I also forgot the hags , rats, and takens. *bangs head on desk* I guess I should be happy I thought of the ones I did. And spiders. Spiders are great for Halloween. I think they could add a bit to the décor too, maybe drop a few bodies lying amid the pretty pumpkins to gore it up a bit. Or just bits of bodies.

Although I still think Succubi (as demons) and Shadar-kai (as grisly serial killer types) still fit, although I do acknowledge you don't find them creepy looking like I do.

And for those who are stuck on the Faerun/eberron split, please go to Dejuba's (spelling?) post. It's enlightening.
    eye candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Werewolves wouldn't fit the plane of night theme. I can see shadar kai. But werewolves are pretty much extinct in Eberron. If a bunch were found in one spot like a graveyard, Thrane and the silver flame would probably send a huge military force to kill them.
    Nice opertunity to introduce shifters and a where touched line of enhancements, would fit lore too.
    I bet people would pay for that

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Where are the bone dragons...sad face.
    hmmm, bone boney dragon pets? like the psuedodragons?
    that would sell well in store and fit the theme

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Oh, while I haven't seen as much complaining about succubi in Mabar as there has been about the Shadar-kai (no need to speculate on why...), I figured it was worth mentioning that succubi are actually listed as common inhabitants of Mabar in the Eberron Campaign Setting book (3.5 edition, for those of you who care about such things ).
    again, eye candy
    Last edited by lyrecono; 09-19-2013 at 03:44 AM.

If they want to introduce the Shadar-Kai to the Mabar festival that's fine. As others have pointed out it's lore appropriate. If they want to do it to promote the x-pack, well fine. They're trying to run a business. I get it.

But why does it have to be ALL Shadar-Kai? Why can't it be an even split between them and the undead we used to have? The level 20-25 on Lamannia that I tried would spawn maybe 1 lich for every 6-8 Shadar-Kai and NOTHING ELSE. Bring back the giant skeletons. Bring back the vampires and the ghouls and ghasts and wraiths. Throw in the Shadar-Kai and the succubi and let them spawn equally and give everyone a role. Divines and Arcanes nuke the undead while the melee cross blades with the Shadar-Kai.

Why is that difficult?
    Morgulion Romenion Zandrine Zeldaryne The Order of Cygnus Sarlona
    Quote Originally Posted by BitkaCK2
    There are no bugs in this game, only unintended features.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    That is so selfish. Let's put Giants, drows and even the Demon Queen in Crystal cove next time, right?

It's a themed event. THEMED being the main word. Respect the f****** theme.
    Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ga-BD3Zlo

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I'm fine with the Shadar-Kai being in Mabar.

...oh, hold on, we're still talking about the human pawns of the Shadar-Kai, who get called "shadar-kai" themselves? That's...okay, I guess. I'm still disappointed by the whole thing. I mean, I'm thrilled to have Shadar-Kai at all, but...yeah.

I want the real Shadow Elves to appear, preferably in a Halloween/horror-themed pack.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yeah, I tried to catch you on help last night, I had three disruption weapons drop. *blinks* I don't think any were good for a rogue (a greatsword, a battle axe, and a maul), but they were still dropping. But you weren't out there. It was almost like Mabar's coming, so we're gonna drop a bunch of useless (for my toon at the moment, a monk) disruption items to mock you Turtle!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    I'm fine with the Shadar-Kai being in Mabar.

...oh, hold on, we're still talking about the human pawns of the Shadar-Kai, who get called "shadar-kai" themselves? That's...okay, I guess. I'm still disappointed by the whole thing. I mean, I'm thrilled to have Shadar-Kai at all, but...yeah.

I want the real Shadow Elves to appear, preferably in a Halloween/horror-themed pack.
    Ooh! That would be cool! NOt that I'm biased or anything. *Tries to hide the 15 boxes of Halloween décor in a big pyramid in her basement*.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast