Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Default Mabar mobs are disappointing

I took my Level 26 Cleric into the 20-25 Mabar instance today.... I was super excited to dead the undead, except all I ran into were a lot of Shadar-Kai and a few annoying Liches.

It's nice that you guys want to promote the Shadar-Kai and their nifty chain whip thingies, but enough is enough. It's Mabar... I want ghosts, ghasts, ghouls, skellies, wights, wraiths! Ugh...

So on to the Liches. They've got mantles, so no spells under Level 4, and immune to SLAs. I guess I got the undead I was asking for, but he wasn't very much fun to kill.

Please put some good old fashioned undead in there. Undead that will make the Clerics and Paladins squeal with joy. Undead that take nice big purple numbers from *all* my spells. Make it an undead free for all!

Please?

Signed,
    A sad Cleric
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Really? Shadar-kai in Mabar? With all the complaints they are getting? They don't even belong there..***?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    I took my Level 26 Cleric into the 20-25 Mabar instance today.... I was super excited to dead the undead, except all I ran into were a lot of Shadar-Kai and a few annoying Liches.

It's nice that you guys want to promote the Shadar-Kai and their nifty chain whip thingies, but enough is enough. It's Mabar... I want ghosts, ghasts, ghouls, skellies, wights, wraiths! Ugh...

So on to the Liches. They've got mantles, so no spells under Level 4, and immune to SLAs. I guess I got the undead I was asking for, but he wasn't very much fun to kill.

Please put some good old fashioned undead in there. Undead that will make the Clerics and Paladins squeal with joy. Undead that take nice big purple numbers from *all* my spells. Make it an undead free for all!

Please?

Signed,
    A sad Cleric
    Also because they are not undead, draught of midnight (DDO store item) does not work on them.

Community Member

I was actually glad to hear about the non-undead in Mabar now. I get the theme and agree undead should be prevalent, but one problem with the event has always been how some classes tear through the mobs while others are almost useless. I play just one character and will likely be a rogue when Mabar comes around this year and I'm hopefully maybe I'll actually be useful against something in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I was actually glad to hear about the non-undead in Mabar now. I get the theme and agree undead should be prevalent, but one problem with the event has always been how some classes tear through the mobs while others are almost useless. I play just one character and will likely be a rogue when Mabar comes around this year and I'm hopefully maybe I'll actually be useful against something in there.
    That is so selfish. Let's put Giants, drows and even the Demon Queen in Crystal cove next time, right?

It's a themed event. THEMED being the main word. Respect the f****** theme.

*maybe

Community Member

I'm not being selfish.. I never asked them to do it. Just said that I think it's good to a certain extent because undead have more of an imbalance relative to classes than most mobs. It's kinda stinky when 3 or 4 classes can nuke everything while most everyone else stands around, so while I am surprised they did this, I'm not complaining.

Community Member

im sad how can a themed event contain non undead, this is just wrong.
    mabar is the night when the undead come out to play. its not the night
    when then undead and a few of there mates come out to play, devs please
    dont put this on live, pretty please

geez as for people saying im on this or that and its not fair i cant kill undead
    very easy, well tougth ******* so to speak. this is the one event time etc when
    our clerics can have some fun and get some cool items to boot.

if anyone can drop into some other instances and report the kind of monsters
    they see please do so we can see what other friends of the undead have been
    included.

enough of my rant for now a sad very sad cleric.

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Really? Shadar-kai in Mabar? With all the complaints they are getting? They don't even belong there..***?

Or - and this is just a thought - the Shadar-kai aren't supposed to be there at all. Remember last year when the kobolds (and I think a hobgoblin or two) showed up at Mabar and a few of the little buggers made it to production? As I recall, the event was postponed to resolve that issue and those causing excessive lag.

Until we get some sort of official word on the matter, I find it much more likely that the Shadar-kai are probably supposed to be Shadows, Undead Drow Necromancers or some such thing from the FR content and somebody pulled the wrong resource ID. That's a thematically plausible scenario.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Shadar-Kai are from the shadow plane, mabar is the endless night, i can see the connection there.

Hero

I'm not being selfish..
    When all you care about is yourself, that is indeed the very essence of selfish.

Community Member

If Mabar isn't all undead, we all know why, and we all know why some people would be upset. Let's just move on before the thread gets deleted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    When all you care about is yourself, that is indeed the very essence of selfish.
    I think that would apply much more to those who say "I should have an advantage on 100% of the fights!" than those who think it's good that there is a bit of variety.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way. I do think it's better for participation when you don't have over half the characters at a huge disadvantage compared to other classes on every single mob.

Hero

I think that would apply much more to those who say "I should have an advantage on 100% of the fights!" than those who think it's good that there is a bit of variety.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it either way. I do think it's better for participation when you don't have over half the characters at a huge disadvantage compared to other classes on every single mob.

Except the only place that was said was inside your head. Not a single person in this thread asked for or even mentioned having an advantage.

This is a themed event. A Halloween event, in a graveyard that historically has had all undead. It fits.

You don't go to a toga party wearing a cowboy outfit. You don't go to a murder/mystery evening and expect to watch some comedian do stand-up.

And of course your not going to lose sleep about it, because after all, all you care about is yourself.

Community Member

I'm not thinking only of myself. I'm thinking of all the people I've watched be frustrated by their inability to do much in the last couple of Mabars I've attended because other characters far better suited to killing undead would nuke everything before they even got going.

More people able to contribute means more participation, which is good for everyone.. except of course, those people who want to be able to single-handedly kill everything themselves.

And I'm not losing sleep over it because it really isn't that big of a deal one way or the other. The event can be themed without every single solitary mob being in the undead category.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    If Mabar isn't all undead, we all know why, and we all know why some people would be upset. Let's just move on before the thread gets deleted.
    No idea what this means. Explain.

I'm not being selfish.. I never asked them to do it. Just said that I think it's good to a certain extent because undead have more of an imbalance relative to classes than most mobs. It's kinda stinky when 3 or 4 classes can nuke everything while most everyone else stands around, so while I am surprised they did this, I'm not complaining.
    So, they do something "stupid" or non-sense like this and you say "who the F cares, I'm fine with it". This is the true essence of selfishness.

I'm not thinking only of myself. I'm thinking of all the people I've watched be frustrated by their inability to do much in the last couple of Mabars I've attended because other characters far better suited to killing undead would nuke everything before they even got going.

More people able to contribute means more participation, which is good for everyone.. except of course, those people who want to be able to single-handedly kill everything themselves.

And I'm not losing sleep over it because it really isn't that big of a deal one way or the other. The event can be themed without every single solitary mob being in the undead category.
    People frustrated with their inability to kill a few undeads? I play a rogue (and my gf too) and we never had a problem with them.

Also, you have had one year since last Mabar. Roll a caster or whatever toon you want for this event if you are unable to kill undeads (btw, lol? Inability to do much? That's inability of the player, not the character).

The event is not themed anymore if not every single solitary mob is undead. Do you even know what themed means? Oh sorry, you don't care, you're fine with it as long as it benefits you and your inability to kill undeads.

*maybe

Finished a rogue life a month or two ago right before shadowfail. I was able to tear up every single undead heroic quest in the game while leveling him up. Undead are not the problem people think they are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    No idea what this means. Explain.
    No more leaving your toon logged in while you're gone for the day, only to come back and find a billion kills in Mabar.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    No more leaving your toon logged in while you're gone for the day, only to come back and find a billion kills in Mabar.
    Never heard of this. Still doesn't change the fact that Shadar-kais don't belong there.

*maybe

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Shadar-Kai are from the shadow plane, mabar is the endless night, i can see the connection there.
    They are actually from the Shadowfel Plane, which Eberron does not have. They are purely Forgettable Realms ****, and need to stay there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast