Community Member

Default Human second tr build Pure ranger

Hi so I've been an elf for 2 lives going dexterity for damage and was wondering if it'd be better to go human with str to damage. what are the pros/cons to this? also if it is better to be a human with str, can someone post the feats i should take/when to take them? This is for a PURE RANGER btw, no melee what so ever, thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KhyberArcher View Post
    Hi so I've been an elf for 2 lives going dexterity for damage and was wondering if it'd be better to go human with str to damage. what are the pros/cons to this? also if it is better to be a human with str, can someone post the feats i should take/when to take them? This is for a PURE RANGER btw, no melee what so ever, thanks!
    I'm curious to see answers to this. I've never built a pure ranger or a ranged only/primary character so I'm curious about the viability, which I think improved with the pass. I know with str build you get OC, and as far as I know that the only real advantage other than that there are more ways to boost STR than DEX (primal scream, divine might, power boost, rage, etc). I'm also curious if a pure ranger beats out a fighter/ranger (or ftr/rng/monk) build taking advantage of keen edge, +4/+4 from kensei specialization, possibly monk centered + good stuff from AA and DeS, or an old fashioned moncher.