Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrphlegm View Post
    Check out the press conferences that SOE had when they revealed Everquest Next. The passion they show about their game is incredible - and the things they do to progress the medium are also impressive. Developers who enjoy what they are doing make better games, which leads to a more fulfilling experience to their customers.
    SOE is the company that buys other game companies just to let their games die because they see them as a threat to their own products. SOE doesn't care at all about a game. They pulled the plug on one of the best strategy games ever, after they got the licenses and technical knowhow from its company.

If I have a choice between SOE and Turbine, no matter how bad Turbine's support is and how many bugs there are - it is still many times better than SOE:

Quote Originally Posted by DunkleNymphe View Post
    SOE is the company that buys other game companies just to let their games die because they see them as a threat to their own products. SOE doesn't care at all about a game. They pulled the plug on one of the best strategy games ever, after they got the licenses and technical knowhow from its company.

If I have a choice between SOE and Turbine, no matter how bad Turbine's support is and how many bugs there are - it is still many times better than SOE:
    Hm. That might have been a terrible example then, besides those press conferences i mentioned i have no experience with soe. The developers seemed sincere enough but that might not be a good reflection on the business as a whole.

I will keep this in mind when the time comes to decide whether im going to play that game. In the end though, if the game is worthwhile and they dont a*****k me personally, ill probably be ok with it.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    On... some other site... a raid loot table was posted. Looks like 50% of the chance of getting a stat tome got replaced with upgrade skill tomes. And of the remaining 50% for stat tomes, instead of upgrade stat tomes being 25% and BTA like they were, upgrade stat tomes are now 80% and BTC.
    You're kidding. That's just so stupid. OP, that is tragibad but thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Well I won't be running FoT for tomes. Still need comms though. At least the raid itself is kinda fun.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

Lightbulb

Totall agree. Skill upgrade tomes are flat out insulting anywhere at the moment, let alone in a 20th raid completion. If the full skill tomes had been around for years beforehand I'd be more forgiving, but there hasn't been the supply to justify releasing upgrades in game yet.

Oh and my weekend 20ths for CitW and ToD's both had no tomes on display. Best choice was that now useless Twight (not that it was ever good) to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    Totall agree. Skill upgrade tomes are flat out insulting anywhere at the moment
    Turbine should remove skill tomes as loot chances from all of the raids. We don't run 20 raids for a chance at +3swim skill.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

+1 i like your sense of humor

Believe me I had a useless + 3 to + 4 swim tome
    On my 40th completion of Fot..
    It makes me laugh now but I was so pist about that
    At that time...
    Took 3 commendations

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Turbine should remove skill tomes as loot chances from all of the raids. We don't run 20 raids for a chance at +3swim skill.
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    And it's even worse than that. You don't get a +3 swim tome, you get upgrade tome from +3 to +4. So, it's marginally useful for those people who already have a +3 swim tome used, but for those 100% of people who do not have that, it's less useful than a bicycle to a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Turbine's is spitting all over us right now. The impression of what this game is is just different then. For me it is nothing more than a real time hack'n slay with puzzles. The core game is combat. Anything else is distraction so you won't get bored from killing too soon. This is done very well, I might add.
    1. I disagree Turbine has brought us an incredible game that I as a player enjoy daily now for more than 7 years.
    2. Hack n' Slay is not what DDO is. A game of this category might be Diablo III (or any other Diablo), NWN, WoW, etc... You don't have to do it every quest but if you followed along the storyline of a quest or two you might see the game differently.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Sure it is. How many quests are completed by just skill usage? How many active skills are non-related to combat effects?

If DDO is not combat then every quest was done with either combat or skills. A Relic of Sovereign Past is the very best quest in the game regarding what DDO has in common with DnD. Partycrashers next. Then, what else? Reaver and Titan raid, maybe. Combat nonetheless.

The skill usage increased in MoTU, finally. But it stays an exception. Even today.

Puzzles and encounters with skill usage stay a distraction, nothing more.

You don't have to do it every quest but if you followed along the storyline of a quest or two you might see the game differently.
    Storyline does not change slaying your way to the quest entrance or boss. Storyline is something for the first run, with TR mechanic I can't enjoy every tsory like the first time. What remains is combat + xp. And loot, so I desire it.

Let us just say, I see the game differently, because of my 7 years of game experience in DDO, mkay?

- edit -
    I will change my mind, when the first skill min./max. build is posted and is en par with dps builds. That won#t happen for obvious reasons. Combat remains again.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 09-19-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    On... some other site... a raid loot table was posted. Looks like 50% of the chance of getting a stat tome got replaced with upgrade skill tomes. And of the remaining 50% for stat tomes, instead of upgrade stat tomes being 25% and BTA like they were, upgrade stat tomes are now 80% and BTC.
    Wwow, had no idea.

So they completely crushed every reason to raid. No 20th completion rewards, completion counters broken, and Stat tomes drop...

Also lol @ Swim tome I can't even.....

I actually kind of like skill tomes *ducks*

Skill upgrade tomes are just bull, on the other hand, and IMO shouldn't even exist in the first place. The chance to get the right one out of the multitude of skills possible, for which you may or may not have used the appropriate full tome, is so low that I'd probably just vendor it if I picked it up. Totally. Useless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    I actually kind of like skill tomes *ducks*

Skill upgrade tomes are just bull, on the other hand, and IMO shouldn't even exist in the first place. The chance to get the right one out of the multitude of skills possible, for which you may or may not have used the appropriate full tome, is so low that I'd probably just vendor it if I picked it up. Totally. Useless.
    You also maxed swim, didn't you.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default A plus 3 to 4 skill tome most likely will not be used for years and years.

A skill tome that has a strict prerequisite in order to be used, should not be in a 20th Raid completion list.

A skill tome such as this will sit in a characters mule/bank/inventory for years until the other ones can be found first and used in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    You also maxed swim, didn't you.
    Ahaha, I'm known to on occasion, yes XD

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    A skill tome that has a strict prerequisite in order to be used, should not be in a 20th Raid completion list.

A skill tome such as this will sit in a characters mule/bank/inventory for years until the other ones can be found first and used in the right order.
    I think if something's so strict/useless that it'll sit in the bank for years, it shouldn't be in the game at all. I mean c'mon, +4-5 doesn't do jack for a majority of skills in the game, skill tomes aren't so powerful as to justify such discerning treatment. Either axe skill tomes for all utility skills (anything other than rogue skills plus UMD and SC), or get rid of upgrade tomes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I would not be happy if my 20th reward list consisted of any kind of skill tome.
    What if it was UMD?

Quote Originally Posted by DunkleNymphe View Post

You miss the fact that Turbine sold DDO to Warner Brothers for 40 million plus.
    So Turbine has in fact nothing to do with it anymore, except the fact that they need to keep it running.

WB owns it, says what is going to happen.

lol
    Afteristar Ghallanda
    E N T E R T A I N M E N T R E D E F I N E D
    www.youtube.com/michieldankmeijer

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    What if it was UMD?
    Take a guess which skill was missing in that loot table dump CDR referenced a few posts up
    Desnol / Qerasuul / Lornkhal / Khazdar - Soko Irrlicht, Orien

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    What if it was UMD?
    If I got a +3 to +4 upgrade tome: UMD from 20th list, I'm sure I would not be picking that either. It's bound to character, so I couldn't store it in mule bank for the remote remote remote possibility I would get to +3 umd somehow to use that tome. So no, if it was UMD, it would probably be even worse.

With non-UMD skills at least you have a chance of getting +3 skill from the silver daily dice. What, 3% to get tome, at max 1/3 to get a +3 skill tome, 1/20 to get the right skill. That's 1 in 1333 to get the right skill tome or in other words: daily silver dices for 2.5 years for a 50% chance of getting that skill tome. And, somebody speculated you're way less likely to get a +3 tome, so that might well be 5 or 25 years for that 50% chance of getting the right +3 skill tome tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevain View Post
    Take a guess which skill was missing in that loot table dump CDR referenced a few posts up
    Ahahahaha, classic

Community Member

I just *facepalm* every time I look at the game now. From Purple Dragon Knights that look like Shrek rather than a human, broken content, more broken content, even more broken content, yet more broken content, unbalanced content with tediously long end fights.

And seriously... I've beaten LOLTH a freaking GOD and I'm 50 levels lower than a bunch of criminals in a bloody sewer. Where are the police or prison guards that keep these guys in line, why didn't they just go solo Lolth by themselves, why the heck would Elminster need a pathetic little level 25 like my character? WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY STUPID EXPANSION PACK!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast