Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default 20th raid rewards (skill upgrade swim +3 to +4 from FoT)

Seriously? The only tome I can get is a swim upgrade? Not even a skill tome, but an upgrade. That 500 favor reward looks pretty enticing right now...

Previously you could get +4 stat tomes or the occasional +4 to +5 stat upgrade. Now you just get +3 to +4 upgrade, and seems like it's likely to be an useless random skill tome instead of an almost as annoying +3 to +4 upgrade stat tome.

But, to balance things out, instead of grinding 20 epic raid completions for +3 to +4 swim, you can just do Mabar to get a +6 stat of your choice. So basically, only play this poorly balanced excuse of the endgame for a couple of weeks every year?

There is a deep deep silence on the borked raid completion numbers, but even less information about the 20th rewards. Is this intended? Are we to ignore raids even for tomes, and the only way to get tomes is to be active during Mabar, buy from DDOStore, or try to get lucky with the zilch chance of pulling a tome from chest (and it seems even the chest pulls are borked, getting +3 tomes in 27+ level chests, that shouldn't happen, right?).

No wonder the raids are so seldom run recently.

Wow, yah that's pretty messed up. Skill tomes (especially such small ones!) should only show up as part of "loot" portion of the reward list, not as a 20th run special reward. If a skill tome was to be a special reward on a high end raid like that, it should at the very least be a high + value skill tome from a select few set of skills, ie balance, concentration, UMD...

Yet another head scratcher from the fine folks that patched/hot-fixed in a heroic/epic completion counter system that may or may not get used in the future, but uncorrectably broke completion counts in the present...
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

I would not be happy if my 20th reward list consisted of any kind of skill tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I would not be happy if my 20th reward list consisted of any kind of skill tome.
    who needs stat tomes anymore? I thought everyone would of bought the +5 supreme from the store? Isn't that the *whole* point to this change?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    who needs stat tomes anymore? I thought everyone would of bought the +5 supreme from the store? Isn't that the *whole* point to this change?
    nah, people are learning to not waste their money when they know a higher tome will be following shortly in the store. how long after Mabar will +6 tomes be in the store? ;p

Embarassing behaviour from Turbine... It's just all these small steps in the wrong direction that make me so uncomfortable. While I'm still hooked and do enjoy a TR run every few months, I could never recommend this game to ..anyone.

It's an amazing game - but turbine seems hell bent on p*****g all over their customers at any opportunity they get.

I guess they are, in fact, just another generic license-game cashgrab developer... (lol, or am i slow for only realizing this now)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    As an acrobat with ring of lies and dreampiercer already acquired, the other FoT loot looks less interesting than any random chest loot. So, if there's not even +5 tomes to look for, doing the raid just for commendations doesn't really seem worth it.

And, doing the latest raid being 'not worth it', there's just something fundamentally wrong.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Reportedly the 20th reward list for Abbot contains ability tomes, ability upgrade tomes, and skill upgrade tomes. My bet is on all raids dropping skill upgrade tomes (but no base skill tomes).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Reportedly the 20th reward list for Abbot contains ability tomes, ability upgrade tomes, and skill upgrade tomes. My bet is on all raids dropping skill upgrade tomes (but no base skill tomes).
    Yea, skill tomes are messed up as such, but upgrade skilltomes are just insulting.

I've noticed a few threads on this topic and yet still no dev response. A comment to the devs.

If you are having such a hard time coming up with a justification for a change that you can either put in release notes or post on the forums, perhaps that change wasn't such a good one in the first place.

Just some food for thought. I for one don't want to see this topic die before it gets a dev comment of some type so keep these threads coming until it gets some attention.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

What if it was UMD?

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    What if it was UMD?
    Take a guess which skill was missing in that loot table dump CDR referenced a few posts up
    Desnol / Qerasuul / Lornkhal / Khazdar - Soko Irrlicht, Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Tevain View Post
    Take a guess which skill was missing in that loot table dump CDR referenced a few posts up
    Ahahahaha, classic

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    What if it was UMD?
    If I got a +3 to +4 upgrade tome: UMD from 20th list, I'm sure I would not be picking that either. It's bound to character, so I couldn't store it in mule bank for the remote remote remote possibility I would get to +3 umd somehow to use that tome. So no, if it was UMD, it would probably be even worse.

With non-UMD skills at least you have a chance of getting +3 skill from the silver daily dice. What, 3% to get tome, at max 1/3 to get a +3 skill tome, 1/20 to get the right skill. That's 1 in 1333 to get the right skill tome or in other words: daily silver dices for 2.5 years for a 50% chance of getting that skill tome. And, somebody speculated you're way less likely to get a +3 tome, so that might well be 5 or 25 years for that 50% chance of getting the right +3 skill tome tome.

Community Member

I just *facepalm* every time I look at the game now. From Purple Dragon Knights that look like Shrek rather than a human, broken content, more broken content, even more broken content, yet more broken content, unbalanced content with tediously long end fights.

And seriously... I've beaten LOLTH a freaking GOD and I'm 50 levels lower than a bunch of criminals in a bloody sewer. Where are the police or prison guards that keep these guys in line, why didn't they just go solo Lolth by themselves, why the heck would Elminster need a pathetic little level 25 like my character? WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY STUPID EXPANSION PACK!

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    I just *facepalm* every time I look at the game now. From Purple Dragon Knights that look like Shrek rather than a human, broken content, more broken content, even more broken content, yet more broken content, unbalanced content with tediously long end fights.

And seriously... I've beaten LOLTH a freaking GOD and I'm 50 levels lower than a bunch of criminals in a bloody sewer. Where are the police or prison guards that keep these guys in line, why didn't they just go solo Lolth by themselves, why the heck would Elminster need a pathetic little level 25 like my character? WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY STUPID EXPANSION PACK!
    Relax, you seem to be a bad mood every time you write something.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post

You will be lv 30 soon. So that's only 45 levels lower than sewer dwelling hobos.

Also, you will now have a +5 to swim.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    You will be lv 30 soon. So that's only 45 levels lower than sewer dwelling hobos.

Also, you will now have a +5 to swim.
    +3 or +4 upgrade to lol.