Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I dont understand the changed levels on my old items.

I came back after year away.
    Some of my icy burst weapons are really highl level now and called epic. Others with the exact same mods are much lower - probably the same as before.

I have a +5 metaline staff of pure good with icey burst - its now level 21 and epic.
    I have a +5 metaline longsword of pure good with icey burst - its still level 14

I have a +5 flaming burst staff of pure good with icey burst - its now level 20 and epic
    I have a +5 shocking burst longsword of pure good with icey burst and its still level 14

Can someone explain why this happened and just as curiously why different things happened to different weapons.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Community Member

Default Loot table

The Loot tables where changed by Feather-of-Sun. Last thing I read on this was the he didn't see any problems with what he did and didn't understand why there is a problem with his new loot. So take it up with him. There are several other threads about this too.

Sorry but that's as nice as I can be about the loot table changes.

Community Member

Weapons with "Icy Burst" from the first Risa games were coded in a way indistinguishable to the game from the Icy Burst weapon enchantment. "Festival Icy Burst" from subsequent games was recoded to eliminate that. With the new way the game looks at lootgen items and determines it's ML, items with the older version are getting their ML raised due to this. It seems Turbine feels that business lost due to this issue will cost them less then what fixing it would. So if it's a big enough problem for you, your only apparent recourse is to simply not play any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    (...)your only apparent recourse is to simply not play any more.
    A advice that i (and many others) did follow a few mouths ago.
    (but yes, i still like to check the forums from time to time to see what is the next Turbine *** moment)

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dartwick View Post
    I came back after year away.
    Some of my icy burst weapons are really highl level now and called epic. Others with the exact same mods are much lower - probably the same as before.

I have a +5 metaline staff of pure good with icey burst - its now level 21 and epic.
    I have a +5 metaline longsword of pure good with icey burst - its still level 14

I have a +5 flaming burst staff of pure good with icey burst - its now level 20 and epic
    I have a +5 shocking burst longsword of pure good with icey burst and its still level 14

Can someone explain why this happened and just as curiously why different things happened to different weapons.
    Your Risia crafted loot has been Feather of Sun'd.

The Staff was from first Risia and it's ML has increased due to the change in how the system works ( and the lack of grandfathering ).
    The Longsword was from some other risia éand as such didn't have it's ML raised.

Once again the Staff was from first Risia and it's ML has increased with the changes Feather of Sun made in how the ML works.
    And once again the longsword came from subsequent Risia.

You can determine that easily :
    The Staffs have Icy Burst along with all the rest of the properties while the swords have Festival Icy Burst along with the rest of the properties.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    It's funny. Any of my old items that should have received a level REDUCTION were somehow immune to all the blanket changes. I just found it facepalmingly amusing is all.
    I noticed that as well on a couple items.. like a banisher that should have gone to level 10 from level 12 but stayed at level 12....

Other thing I noticed was.. items in your TR bank will change as soon as you take it out from the level it used to be to the new revised level system...
    as I found out when grabbing level appropriate gear from my TR cache and having it change to being unusable as soon as it hit my inventory...
    So now even my TR cache inventory cant be trusted to represent the level it is when hovering over the item.

...Thanks a lot Feather... for screwing up my loot...grrr...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-15-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

My level 1 underwater action item suddenly became a level 5 item. No prefixes, no suffixes ... I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    My level 1 underwater action item suddenly became a level 5 item. No prefixes, no suffixes ... I don't understand it.
    Yes also happened to me level 1 underwater action item is now level 5.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Not my UW action items?

There was a time when Underwater Action items dropped all the time(NECKLACES mostly) and you could have them as level 1. At this time, Feather Fall items were impossible to find and the minimum level was 7. Unless you were lucky to find a level restricted feather fall item.

There were feather fall boots from Water Works that dropped for a level 2(old memory) and the Ring of Feathers, Shan to Kor, Level 1. This is why Ring of Feathers was worth a lot way back when. Now, diddly.

Now, I find feather fall items for level 1 all the time. But I cannot remember the last time I had a UW action item drop.

Sad to see all my old UW action items from 2007 get improved.

Also, it is not just the stuff from your bank that changes. If you have stuff equipped, its level has been raised, yet you can still use it. But once you remove the item from being used or worn, POOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! Level raised, no twink loot for you.

Another sad thing is, we really don't know what loot is actually working. Just because its description says one thing, don't believe it until you try it.

If your Risia Ice Games items do not say FESTIVAL Icy Burst on them, then they have been nerfed.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 09-15-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Yeah this one had me befuddled as well, the only one i really understood was the +6 stat items that were ML1, never got any myself but had heard of them at the time, but really was a +2 stat item at ML1 that game breaking it had to go to ML3??

My son likened it to just turning 16 getting his licence and car then being told we have raised the age for driving, you must give back your licence and put your car in the garage for another 3yrs as it is now ML19 not ML16 :/

If your really have to change gear due to power creep you have created or whatever, then so be it, but leave the stuff in my bank alone, i worked my butt of for it :P
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

The DDO community was constantly complaining about these items having too low of an ml. To show Turbine cares about their costumers they decided to devote scarce developer time to fix this horrible, game breaking problem.

At least I think that's what happened.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    The DDO community was constantly complaining about these items having too low of an ml. To show Turbine cares about their costumers they decided to devote scarce developer time to fix this horrible, game breaking problem.

At least I think that's what happened.
    And elsewhere in Bizarro world...

Community Member

I don't understand them either... I'm used to Cannith Crafting and your +5 metaline longsword of pure good would be minimum level 18 under the current version of those rules, ignoring the festival icy burst altogether. Inconsistent loot rules are inconsistent, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    And elsewhere in Bizarro world...

what happens in Bizarro world stays in Bizarro world. technicly the bathroom at the subway station is not Bizarro world

I TR'd a few weeks ago and was bummed my crafted ML1 Robe of Invulnerability was bumped to ML5. I enjoyed steamrolling through the Korthos quests to bump my Elite streak up to five before heading to the harbor. This time I had to almost-steamroll.

This thread certainly looks shorter than it used to be.

I agree that the loot getting borked was a bad move. It's especially bad because it's inconsistent. I have a ML 4 Great Axe. It's Festival Bursted, Keen and Pure Good. It (somehow) managed to stay level 4. I have a shortsword and a rapier, both Festival Bursted, Keen and Pure Good. They are now both ML 10. They were all made NOT in the first Risa. I think they were made last year when I finally decided how to jump for purples, or the year before. Certainly NOT the first year Risa came out. Just so inconsistent. Very frustrating.

Default Is this right?

I just got back into game after being away and noticed th ML changes but... I had a No ML int +6 ring from twelve Lords of Dust chain and it is now ML 11. Is this correct or bug? My No ML +4 Con ring stayed the same and that was from Lords March chain.

Thanks.

And the TR bank ML changing when item is pulled out is very annoying!
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Quote Originally Posted by trojanwarlord View Post
    I have been playing almost daily since 2005 (8 years bb); I do not post, I am a lurker. BUT -> I had participated in the Icy games since their onset. ALL of my weapons were icy'd and prepared for my multi-TR'n toon (and that's a lot of gear btw). This process took many weeks of work, and includes countless hours of appropriate gear hunting. OP??? Maybe it differentiated us from the newbs and lacklusters. The gear was a fair trade for what was honestly earned.
    Welcome in the club of the people that got *censored* over by Feather. I think by now it should be all of the propulation... Is there a single player WITHOUT Loot that got invalidated by this bungler?
    I am no native english speaker

Other Toons: Siaphas, Kelderian, Kelras, Keldi, Kelmons

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzie View Post
    Welcome in the club of the people that got *censored* over by Feather. I think by now it should be all of the propulation... Is there a single player WITHOUT Loot that got invalidated by this bungler?
    I think I had one, maybe two, peices of loot from four years on 15 characters that went up in level. I went "oh, well, that sucks."

I then proceeded to sell/delete them and spend 2-3k plat to find a suitable replacement. Affected my gameplay zero, unless you count the three to four minutes I took searching the AH to find a replacement.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

They changed a lot of the level requirements for different prefixes and suffixes. Certain special ones, such as "Festival Icy Burst", did not change though. I believe the problem is due to the older "Icy Burst" kit effect being internally treated as no different than the randomly generated effect. So the system could not differentiate when it came time to modify the prefix/suffix requirements.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast