Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    118

    Exclamation Already Completed

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Sorry but Protection is junk.
    Saying it does not make it so…

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    It is not the best, it not great... it is one of the worst, if not THE worst PRE in the game.
    Much like a Tank, Prot does not have to even be good in most content providing it has at least some use somewhere. For defensive melees and melee casters, Protection is better than War Priest.

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Your big argument in favor of protection is USP.. really? No one in their right mind would waste points in this tree picking up a bunch of junk abilities just for USP.
    It is one of the best features of Protection, especially for Clerics. While people may not waste AP on junk abilities in Protection merely for USP, it is certainly possible they are spending AP on Protection’s unique abilities in order to increase USP. Indeed no one typically tries to waste any AP to begin with. Not to mention my big argument for Protection is actually that it exists so why artificially limit choice by removing something that already exists and is working?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Also reasons why it should not co-exist:
    1. Overlapping abilities
    Divine Might, toughness, sanctuary etc exist in warpriest. This causes overlapping and confusion: do they stack? Can I abuse taking toughness in in both trees? etc.

    2. More junk abilities to maintain, more bugs
    Having to maintain a whole tree of useless abilities that can be broken with each update. Results in more complaints, grievances, etc.
    1. Many of these are CAUSED by War Priest, far more an argument that WP should not exist. The entire game can be confusing, again hardly an actual argument. Multiple Divine Mights already exist as well; technically they could be activated at the same time, but that has since been changed. Multiple toughness is WAI: they CAN be taken and they DO stack. Otherwise standard stacking rules apply: multiple like bonuses do NOT stack.

    2. Every PrE has junk abilities and most trees have some bugs. War Priest has a number of bugs and is a whole other tree of abilities that could be broken with each update… Try again?

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Sorry this tree is just garbage, just flip warpriest to give USP/point and pretend this tree never existed.
    Protection is not great, but it is not garbage. Giving War Priest USP would go a long way to improve WP, but Prot still has unique features that WP lacks.

  2. #22
    Community Member guardianx2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post


    Much like a Tank, Prot does not have to even be good in most content providing it has at least some use somewhere. For defensive melees and melee casters, Protection is better than War Priest.
    No offense but if your tank is built based on this tree.. your tank is probably steaming pile of...

    Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    It is one of the best features of Protection, especially for Clerics. While people may not waste AP on junk abilities in Protection merely for USP, it is certainly possible they are spending AP on Protection’s unique abilities in order to increase USP. Indeed no one typically tries to waste any AP to begin with. Not to mention my big argument for Protection is actually that it exists so why artificially limit choice by removing something that already exists and is working?!?!?
    The fact that USP is one of best features of this tree tells you how bad it is. Lets assume you gimp yourself by spending a whopping 40AP in this tree. You invested 40AP for a bunch of 'unique' useless abilities and 30USP..

    Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    1. Many of these are CAUSED by War Priest, far more an argument that WP should not exist. The entire game can be confusing, again hardly an actual argument. Multiple Divine Mights already exist as well; technically they could be activated at the same time, but that has since been changed. Multiple toughness is WAI: they CAN be taken and they DO stack. Otherwise standard stacking rules apply: multiple like bonuses do NOT stack.
    It's because they salvaged the few redeeming qualities from that tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    2. Every PrE has junk abilities and most trees have some bugs. War Priest has a number of bugs and is a whole other tree of abilities that could be broken with each update… Try again?
    There is far more interest in WP than this sad excuse of a tree. From a dev/qa perspective it is a waste of time maintaining useless tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    Protection is not great, but it is not garbage. Giving War Priest USP would go a long way to improve WP, but Prot still has unique features that WP lacks.

    Yes... the unique features that you are talking about are junk features that no one wants.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    118

    Exclamation Why choose one when we could have both?

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    No offense but if your tank is built based on this tree.. your tank is probably steaming pile of...
    Comprehension is clearly not your strong suite… I did not say that I had a tank based upon Protection (although one most definitely could have built a successful tank around Prot had they wanted), I said that the relationship between War Priest and Protection was the same as the relationship between the DPS role and the tank role.

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    It's because they salvaged the few redeeming qualities from that tree.
    Oh, so Protection does/did have some redeeming qualities… how interesting the cognitive dissonance you must have to recognize this but be able to ignore it when convenient.

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    The fact that USP is one of best features of this tree tells you how bad it is. Lets assume you gimp yourself by spending a whopping 40AP in this tree. You invested 40AP for a bunch of 'unique' useless abilities and 30USP..
    As we have already proven that not all of Prot’s abilities are useless, continuing to advocate that stance belies that War Priest has useless abilities as well. Prot’s USP greatly trumps WP’s Fire & Light. Since both have junk abilities and both have good abilities why would you not want USP instead of Light/Fire?

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    There is far more interest in WP than this sad excuse of a tree. From a dev/qa perspective it is a waste of time maintaining useless tree.
    There is always greater interesting in something that is coming than what we already have. That said, yes War Priest is pretty good even if it still suffers from the typical turbine systemic problems.

    Ignoring that you already conceded that Prot was useful, since the Protection tree ALREADY exists and functions the only time wasted was deliberately removing it. Leaving Prot alone would have required NO TIME WHATSOEVER.

    Quote Originally Posted by guardianx2009 View Post
    Yes... the unique features that you are talking about are junk features that no one wants.
    You yourself just said otherwise, but it bears repeating not all the features in Protection were junk. Some of the Prot abilities were incredibly useful when used properly, not to mention that Prot included SLAs and supported casting/melee hybrids much better than WP. Indeed many people indicated they too wanted Prot saved for those very reasons and have lamented its sad passing.

    Look we get that you have no interest in Protection; that is fine – no one is forcing you to use Prot if it existed. But why are you so afraid of us having Protection too? It need not be a zero sum event; we could have both ‘won’ and been happy. Now some of us are not, and there is no good reason for that.

  4. #24
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    It's gone and dead and I dance on it's grave.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    118

    Exclamation Reap what you sow…

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It's gone and dead and I dance on it's grave.
    Says pretty much all we need to know about you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload