Community Member

Default Astounding generosity on Argonessen - a public thank you

I've been trying to gather mats for my Greensteel weapon all through this life, and have pretty much been AHing what I could, and as I had it to buy a mat at a time...until I asked in trade channel that is...

Two people I have to mention:

Windywillow - I needed 2 or 3 base mats to complete my blank, and Windy not only gave me these, but ALL of the Medium mats for Tier 2 as well. She wouldn't even take any payment.

Pawnme - I had started to get a couple of large mats together, and asked in the trade channel if it was being optimistic to ask for a large ingredient (just one) for an Upgrade Tome of Move Silently (+1 to +2). Pawnme asked me for a list of what I needed and gave me (for just that little tome) ALL of the mats I needed for Tier 3.

I am now the proud owner of a Lit II Greensteel Repeating Crossbow, and look forward to shooting many a mob in the face with it. A relative DDO newb is VERY happy indeed.

I am very hopeful that in the future, I will be able to help these players in some way to show my lasting appreciation, and will try to respect their amazing generosity by passing on to new players any extra mats I have in the future.

Once again, thank you both.

Aes.

Community Member

I'd like this on page 1 for at least a few more hours

Aes.

Community Member

Its always nice to hear of generosity, regardless of the server. One of the things I do is pay it forward. A multi-TR player helped me out once and asked for nothing in return, but he asked me to pay it forward. So these days I help others out and ask them to do the same.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

See how nice Argo is getting lately? It's disgusting... er... I mean... awesome!

Grats on your new GS, and I hope you kick much rear with it.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Not allowed to publicly name&shame!

This nicety is wrong, no need to tell us all of their evilness.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    I've been trying to gather mats for my Greensteel weapon all through this life, and have pretty much been AHing what I could, and as I had it to buy a mat at a time...until I asked in trade channel that is...

Two people I have to mention:

Windywillow - I needed 2 or 3 base mats to complete my blank, and Windy not only gave me these, but ALL of the Medium mats for Tier 2 as well. She wouldn't even take any payment.

Pawnme - I had started to get a couple of large mats together, and asked in the trade channel if it was being optimistic to ask for a large ingredient (just one) for an Upgrade Tome of Move Silently (+1 to +2). Pawnme asked me for a list of what I needed and gave me (for just that little tome) ALL of the mats I needed for Tier 3.

I am now the proud owner of a Lit II Greensteel Repeating Crossbow, and look forward to shooting many a mob in the face with it. A relative DDO newb is VERY happy indeed.

I am very hopeful that in the future, I will be able to help these players in some way to show my lasting appreciation, and will try to respect their amazing generosity by passing on to new players any extra mats I have in the future.

Once again, thank you both.

Aes.
    This here is one of the (many) reasons why I love this game and community! Congrats on your new toy have fun and kick butt!

Stoner81.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    See how nice Argo is getting lately? It's disgusting...
    Right? What is happening to Argo? /smh
    Anyways Grats OP!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Nice to see! As I often say to guildies and friends, use it in good health, and with bad intentions!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!