Here's what I'd like to see.
For Drow FVS don't autogrant proficiency (they arelady have it) - give them either a sneak die or add hide/move silently as class skills. Toss them a bone. It isn't like anyone thinks Drow FVS are strong and it isn't like you can rationalize that someone who isn't a drow is going to be a FVS of Vulkoor.
Remove all fire/light spell power on warpriest and replace with healing or universal. Melee divines want to buff, smack things and heal. If they want to zap things, there are other paths for that.
Add an ability (T3 or T4 maybe) that grants advanced combat skills. Instead of just basic proficiency, expand the list to some other items such that a FVS *may* consider taking it. Maybe drop the Light Guard on T4.
- Lord of Blades - Grant Greatsword and Bastard Swords. The classical "armblade" from Eberron (attached WF component) is a bastard sword. This gives a fun option to WF.
- Undying Court - Grant proficiency in scimitars; all weapons wielding by the war priest become ghost touch - again, giving a bone to both Clerics and FVS.
- Vulkoor - Grant proficiency in short swords; add one sneak die. Cleric's would benefit from both, but it isn't a lost item for a FVS as it adds sneak damage.
- Sovereign Host - Grant profiency in all weapons of the host ... Long Sword, Battle Axe, Warhammer and Greataxe (no halbred option) - the others in the pantheon are already proficient (mace, morningstar, q-staff).
- Ammauntorwhoever - Warhammer.
- Silver Flame - Proficiency with long bows and Bow Strength.
Ensure all War Priest strikes work with ANY of the granted weapons.
Change Divine Might to work on Turn Undead. Add an enhancement (T3 maybe) that grants Turn Undead. This gives a nod to clerics, but doesn't eliminate FVS.
Change Divine Power into Righteous Might. Adds a +4 size bonus to STR, +2 size bonus to CON, -2 size modifier to DEX, etc. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm Keep Divine Power as a spell, but add this one in. This should be an action boost or SLA ... or add it to both spell lists.