Community Member

Angry Ability tome for 20th raid completion end reward

A dev response wanted. Before Update 19 was a chance for ability tome or tome upgrade. New reward is crappy skill tome from N to N+1.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425188

Quote Originally Posted by DisplayName View Post
    A dev response wanted. Before Update 19 was a chance for ability tome or tome upgrade. New reward is crappy skill tome from N to N+1.

A dev response on this change would be very much appreciated. Of course, they could have just detailed this change in the release notes, but that would have been preemptive rage control and that doesn't seem to be their style.

I find it concerning that skill tomes are now added to the loot tables, potentially watering down your chances at an ability tome, however, I find it even more concerning that what used to be a +4 or +4 to +5 upgrade tome is now a +3 or +3 to +4 upgrade tome (skill or ability). Not only do you have a much reduced chance of actually pulling an ability tome over a skill tome, but even if you do, it will be at most a +4 upgrade tome, which drops in standard loot tables and which is also completely unbound compared to the btc raid tomes. At that point, they might as well just remove them from the 20th lists completely. I'll hit the auction house if I want a +4 upgrade tome rather than grind out 20 raid completions.

The loot tables for tomes have been changed drastically recently in both raids and standard loot tables yet there has been no word from anyone at Turbine stating whether this is working as intended or not. Complete silence. Rather convenient that these changes happened just as +5 ability tomes became available in the store.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-14-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by DisplayName View Post

what most scares me is... why a sad impressive trophy in a 20th reward? is that a joke? pls rework that part, a 20th completion NEVER EVER should have other renown option than legendary, it's 20th time lol -_- )

yay inti tome (not a skill, nono, upgrade one!!don't forget to check the store to claim ur 20th reward! ROflmao )
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...