Default New TR build (just for fun)

Hey guys! I was talking with my buddy Darree about different builds, and while we were talking, I thought of an interesting build. It is 11 Barb/9 Wizard (WF). Now this is going to be mostly a melee build, but the 9 wizard is for self sufficiency (Repair Spells) and for buffs such as: Haste, Rage, Displacement, Blur, Protection from Elements, and some other spells. You may also take some offensive spells if you really wanted to. Also, you will have around a 90% chance to use GH scrolls, and u can even stock up on Recon scrolls if you want. For the gear, it'll be mostly melee gear with some caster gear such as an Int+6 item. (Not going to go into specifics because this is mainly meant to be a TR build, and a build that can solo/farm for things). If you have any comments/questions, feel free to respond to this post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Domthegreat View Post
    Hey guys! I was talking with my buddy Darree about different builds, and while we were talking, I thought of an interesting build. It is 11 Barb/9 Wizard (WF). Now this is going to be mostly a melee build, but the 9 wizard is for self sufficiency (Repair Spells) and for buffs such as: Haste, Rage, Displacement, Blur, Protection from Elements, and some other spells. You may also take some offensive spells if you really wanted to. Also, you will have around a 90% chance to use GH scrolls, and u can even stock up on Recon scrolls if you want. For the gear, it'll be mostly melee gear with some caster gear such as an Int+6 item. (Not going to go into specifics because this is mainly meant to be a TR build, and a build that can solo/farm for things). If you have any comments/questions, feel free to respond to this post.
    hmm is this for a Barb PL?
    If not i would suggest 12wiz & monk and rogue as a staff fighter
    If you want Barb PL then going pure or taking the obligatory 2 fighter lvl would be better.
    Barb with its Rage just doesnt mix good with anything spellcasting
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    If you want Barb PL then going pure or taking the obligatory 2 fighter lvl would be better.
    Barb with its Rage just doesnt mix good with anything spellcasting
    And kills healing, defences and everything else?

I'd rather go with /9 wizard for buffs. Rage just sucks for leveling.

Yes its for barb PL, and yes it can kill healing, but wont need to be raged all the time since you can get some bonuses from the spell (i know its not as good but it works). Also, you could go 12/8, you just lose proc energy, but you get some more things from the barb tree that would be beneficial as well.

Another idea would be to do bard/barb. Songs can still be sung while raged, and you can buff up with hage, blursplacement, etc. Plenty of healing and umd for healing up between fights, and you can sing the sustaining song for a small amount while raged or fighting.

No warforged, and you would need a substantial investment in bard to get the sustain song.

I did this before the enhancement pass and it was amazingly fun. It just takes a bit of planning so you buff before rage.

With the new enhancement pass, you've also got skaldic rage. If it stacks with barb rage, even better.

Just spitballin' here, haven't fleshed it out.