Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,593

    Default Rubies of Vampirism please :)

    Weapon augs already highly favor casters, throw the melees a bone. Rubies of Vampirism! Model them on the current progression table: levels 1/4/8/12/ect = 1/1-2/1-3/1-4/ect points.

    Make it happen, please?
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-13-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  2. #2
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Weapon augs already highly favor casters, throw the melees a bone. Rubies of Vampirism! Model them on the current progression table: levels 1/4/8/12/ect = 1/1-2/1-3/1-4/ect points.

    Make it happen, please?
    They even have a great method of access if they update Cannith crafting to include recipes for augment crystals. There are just too many crystals in the random drop system right now. I'm very surprised they didn't add the level 28 crystals to the store at least.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  3. #3
    Community Member Todesnymphe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Not signed.

    It'll make healing even easier for everyone.

  4. #4
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Todesnymphe View Post
    Not signed.

    It'll make healing even easier for everyone.
    And that's a bad thing... Why?

    Byoh went from fringe to norm long ago. Turbine has gone out of their way to make the game ever more soloplay friendly. Questing as a group will forever more be optional, and a significant enough portion of the player base would like to be able to group without the need for a party healer. On top of all that the minor amounts of damage you get from weapon augs, especially at low to mid levels, are laughable while heal pots fall ever farther behind in their ability to keep up and umd is a pita for many players/builds - and simply not a viable option at low to mid levels.

    So give the weapon augs a utility option for someone besides casters.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 09-14-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  5. #5
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    And that's a bad thing... Why?

    Byoh went from fringe to norm long ago. Turbine has gone out of their way to make the game ever more soloplay friendly. Questing as a group will forever more be optional, and a significant enough portion of the player base would like to be able to group without the need for a party healer. On top of all that the minor amounts of damage you get from weapon augs, especially at low to mid levels, are laughable while heal pots fall ever farther behind in their ability to keep up and umd is a pita for many players/builds - and simply not a viable option at low to mid levels.

    So give the weapon augs a utility option for someone besides casters.
    I'm with it.

    I have a few non optimal dps weapons with vampirism on them and they see use just to help keep me healed at times

  6. #6
    Community Member Snapdragoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    460

    Default

    I agree with better melee self healing.

    now I do feel that it should be different from caster healing (heal, reconstruct, etc.) and vampirism fits great, as it does not so much remove the need for a healer as it does make the healers job a bit more manageable. for instance if your taking massive chunks of damage fighting a boss and only healing back at max 4 life per hit you still wont live very long, but that can make a difference for the hear to be able to heal you.

    this also makes the melee form of healing require them to still be in the fight, and not jumping around like a chicken trying to scroll heal :P

    I think melee should have a form of slight healing but still require a healer for difficult boss fights. I think that form of healing should be unique from casters (ie passive like regen or active like vampirism) and should not be such tiny anemic levels like regen which is useless no matter what level you are.

    also so twin weapon does not become the best form of self healing perhaps make vampirism a % of base damage done per swing? that way everyone gets good healing, and it gets better as you do better damage, fun for everyone

  7. #7
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragoon View Post
    also so twin weapon does not become the best form of self healing perhaps make vampirism a % of base damage done per swing? that way everyone gets good healing, and it gets better as you do better damage, fun for everyone
    I think that would be too much. I've seen some seriously large base damage numbers, and giving healing as a % of that could get very out of hand.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  8. #8
    Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    622

    Default

    /signed but don't start them at level 1 and not a lot better than the best currently possible and not starting at level 1.
    The lowest level item with lesser vampirism is 12 so I'll start the progression at level 16 with 1 point of healing per hit. After that I'd use this progression level 20 is 1d2, level 24 is 1d3 and 28 is 2d2 as 1d4 is weaker than I think anybody would use but 2d2 is only a little stronger and I believe it's enough stronger that niche builds would slot it if they build for heal amp. I would be very cautious about going any higher than 2d3 as those niche builds would be getting more than I think is wise.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

    Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

  9. #9
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Vampire augments suck...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  10. #10
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    /signed but don't start them at level 1 and not a lot better than the best currently possible and not starting at level 1.
    The lowest level item with lesser vampirism is 12 so I'll start the progression at level 16 with 1 point of healing per hit. After that I'd use this progression level 20 is 1d2, level 24 is 1d3 and 28 is 2d2 as 1d4 is weaker than I think anybody would use but 2d2 is only a little stronger and I believe it's enough stronger that niche builds would slot it if they build for heal amp. I would be very cautious about going any higher than 2d3 as those niche builds would be getting more than I think is wise.
    Perhaps on named loot, but cannith crafted lesser vampirism shards are a +3 enchantment, ML6 or ML4 with MC. Vampirism is +6, so can get as early as ML8 with MC (its pretty nice on a monk splash in fire with J'itz Bracers or however its spelled).

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Vampire augments suck...
    lol
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Vampire augments suck...
    Yep and any proposed Slicing Winds augment would completely blow.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  12. #12
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Weapon augs already highly favor casters, throw the melees a bone. Rubies of Vampirism! Model them on the current progression table: levels 1/4/8/12/ect = 1/1-2/1-3/1-4/ect points.

    Make it happen, please?
    Totally on board with this! make it happen!

  13. #13
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

    So give the weapon augs a utility option for someone besides casters.
    wouldnt that mean making them topaz of vampirism instead of rubies?

  14. #14
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    wouldnt that mean making them topaz of vampirism instead of rubies?
    Rubies are red slots. Making Vampirism a Yellow slot would be too advantageous.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload