Default Bladeforged sorc is being shelved. thanks turbine.

bought the pre-order to experience the almighty Bladeforged. got him super geared up and capped to 25. tons of fun. 18 sorc/2pally. New update hits, introducing spellcraft. no way to lesser TR my bladeforged to re-assign his skill pts to include spellcraft(affects ELEMENTAL DMG. A SORCERORS BREAD AND BUTTER). Shelved. thanks turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    bought the pre-order to experience the almighty Bladeforged. got him super geared up and capped to 25. tons of fun. 18 sorc/2pally. New update hits, introducing spellcraft. no way to lesser TR my bladeforged to re-assign his skill pts to include spellcraft(affects ELEMENTAL DMG. A SORCERORS BREAD AND BUTTER). Shelved. thanks turbine.
    That sucks.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

I keep saying this is one of the worst thought out mechanics ever. Let the Iconics LR at least. I won't even make another (except for bank toons) until they fix this. Really poorly thought out Turbine. Just no excuse for it either. Let them LR what are you afraid of here guys?

RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Icekin join my boycott of the spellcraft heal and repair changes refuse to use them
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Default Is What It Is...

I've seen a bunch of multi-class iconics running around. Nothing wrong with early experimenting. I suppose we're lucky they allowed multi-classing at all. You'll just have to wait until they implement the new reincarnations or they allow the iconics to LR/TR. I personally hope that the iconics can keep their race when/if they can TR. It seems kinda silly for a race to be stuck in a single class. The game is fluid though, things change...
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

This is jacked up... I didnt even think about the poor iconic classes...

Nice one devs....
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

So take him to 28 now or play something else they will be giving us TR's for our iconic's soon

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    I keep saying this is one of the worst thought out mechanics ever. Let the Iconics LR at least. I won't even make another (except for bank toons) until they fix this. Really poorly thought out Turbine. Just no excuse for it either. Let them LR what are you afraid of here guys?
    probably dont want people using a+1 heart to remove the pally level

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    So take him to 28 now or play something else they will be giving us TR's for our iconic's soon

I have another bladeforged 12monk/6pally/2fighter henshin mystic quarterstaff toon at level 28. To ask me to play a gimp, that was gimped by something other than my own choices, is just stupid. So, as I said, he will stay shelved until we get iconic tr.

TL : DR

You can play a gimp if you like, I prefer to shelve him.

I have another bladeforged 12monk/6pally/2fighter henshin mystic quarterstaff toon at level 28. To ask me to play a gimp, that was gimped by something other than my own choices, is just stupid. So, as I said, he will stay shelved until we get iconic tr.

TL : DR

You can play a gimp if you like, I prefer to shelve him.
    Mind explaining to me how exactly not having spellcraft makes you gimp? It's suboptimal for end game, but gimp?

Think of it this way. At level 20, you'd be missing 23 ranks from Spellcraft, right? 23 pt of spellpower that, before the update, you wouldn't have had anyway.

They didn't magically reduce incoming spellpower so that you have to catch up. It's a small bonus and an incentive to min max a little less and put some points into int. That's all.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Community Member

Default ¨gimp or not gimp?

Quote Originally Posted by Fefnir_2011 View Post
    Mind explaining to me how exactly not having spellcraft makes you gimp? It's suboptimal for end game, but gimp?

Think of it this way. At level 20, you'd be missing 23 ranks from Spellcraft, right? 23 pt of spellpower that, before the update, you wouldn't have had anyway.

They didn't magically reduce incoming spellpower so that you have to catch up. It's a small bonus and an incentive to min max a little less and put some points into int. That's all.
    Its not just about missing spell power. What is very annoying, is that with U19 Paladins (and clerics) now get their deity choice as a feat at lvl1 (and then get the rest of the abilities at lvl 6). But sadly there is no way whatsoever how to get that feat without either starting anew from Lvl 1 or by doing an LR or TR.

Community Member

Iconics will be able to reincarnate in the next update (so far anyway). they didnt want to allow people to lesser reincarnate since that'd allow them to take out the 1st level of the class, which with iconics its already decided to there needed to be a seperate function for them to reincarnate.

awesome, my previous post disappeared.