Default So Long and Thanks For the Fish

Yeah, I think this is it. I took a break over the whole new enhancement system, frustrated at how badly my toon was screwed up with the new system. Played Fallout 3 for awhile and decided to come back and check out the new adventure pack...since I bought the d*mn things before I found out about what they were doing to the enhancements.

Had to redo all my toon's enhancements and it turned out slightly better than the 4 or 5 builds I tried on the test server...after the whole screwed up needing to log in twice thing that hasn't been fixed since I played last.

So I wander around the new forest area and found it...not all that different than the King's forest. I try not to let it bother me that I'm basically doing heroic damage with an epic toon...

I head over to the prison and basically lose all interest when everything turns purple. The smokey, weird effects have been done to death - and seem to be included increasingly in each new pack they release. We all know DDO isn't top of the line graphics and are mostly ok with that - really sick of them trying to cover it up with dizzying and disorientating graphics. Pretty much mean seriously sick - if I'd been drinking and trying to play I think I would have puked from the effects.

It's not rage quitting, it's sad quitting. If you still enjoy the game, cool, have fun and good luck with it. Thanks for the laughs or whatever.

To Turbine - I'm not going to throw a fit about the hundred bucks I wasted on the pre-order (which I thought was a good deal at the time considering how often I played) or the 50 dollars worth of wasted Turbine points left sitting on my account. Send me a used copy of Skyrim and we'll call it even...like that's going to happen.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Yeah, I think this is it. I took a break over the whole new enhancement system, frustrated at how badly my toon was screwed up with the new system. Played Fallout 3 for awhile and decided to come back and check out the new adventure pack...since I bought the d*mn things before I found out about what they were doing to the enhancements.

Had to redo all my toon's enhancements and it turned out slightly better than the 4 or 5 builds I tried on the test server...after the whole screwed up needing to log in twice thing that hasn't been fixed since I played last.

So I wander around the new forest area and found it...not all that different than the King's forest. I try not to let it bother me that I'm basically doing heroic damage with an epic toon...

I head over to the prison and basically lose all interest when everything turns purple. The smokey, weird effects have been done to death - and seem to be included increasingly in each new pack they release. We all know DDO isn't top of the line graphics and are mostly ok with that - really sick of them trying to cover it up with dizzying and disorientating graphics. Pretty much mean seriously sick - if I'd been drinking and trying to play I think I would have puked from the effects.

It's not rage quitting, it's sad quitting. If you still enjoy the game, cool, have fun and good luck with it. Thanks for the laughs or whatever.

To Turbine - I'm not going to throw a fit about the hundred bucks I wasted on the pre-order (which I thought was a good deal at the time considering how often I played) or the 50 dollars worth of wasted Turbine points left sitting on my account. Send me a used copy of Skyrim and we'll call it even...like that's going to happen.
    Can I have your Turbine points?

Can I haz ur stuff?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

I take sadness leave from DDO periodically. Post back if you find something better

Gimme back my fish!!!

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Can I haz ur stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Can I haz ur stuff?
    I asked first!

wgu has effects that have made me and some others I've talked to sick, it's pretty badly done effect wise in the expansion.

Well that's a new result from the seizure inducing purple haze....

As told several time already : the effect should be removed. It's dangerous, it's annoying and it's bad for the bottom line.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I've purchased and been playing the new content to some extent, although I admit its been a lot less lately as both Real Life and other online distractions have grabbed my attention. I'll just play when I feel like it, keeping an eye out for the newest changes and see what strikes me, but I feel like I'm definitely at a "lower ebb" of enthusiasm lately.

I've been very concerned about all the focus on things that either don't particularly interest me, or are done in ways that seem to match what Turbine thinks appeals to their base, which seems to be a partial mismatch to my own interests. Story of my life and my own problem, not a big Bandwagon Hopper-Onner.

What really bothers me is I didn't get any fish! When I went to the window, it just said "This window closed, next window, please!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureauc...mputer_game%29
    Last edited by My2Cents; 09-14-2013 at 07:47 AM.