Community Member

Default Where is the 38 point build?

I recently did a Tr on my 3rd life character only to find out her 4th life is only a 36 point build again. I thought we were supposed to have 38 point builds with this update to the game. I asked a dev online but got the usual response, sorry can't help you with this information. Seek out your answer in advice channel or forums. So I'm asking!???

I believe it had something to do with Epic TR coming in U20?

think it was supposed to be epic completionist that gives it

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    think it was supposed to be epic completionist that gives it
    Pretty sure like previous poster mentioned it was on a Epic TR which isn't out yet if I am not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Pretty sure like previous poster mentioned it was on a Epic TR which isn't out yet if I am not mistaken.
    Also since they have changed the way epic tr is going to work substantially 38 points may not even be an option anymore. (We'll have to wait for them to release more info)

Quote Originally Posted by Sollee View Post
    I recently did a Tr on my 3rd life character only to find out her 4th life is only a 36 point build again. I thought we were supposed to have 38 point builds with this update to the game. I asked a dev online but got the usual response, sorry can't help you with this information. Seek out your answer in advice channel or forums. So I'm asking!???
    Get real, there is no 38 point build and it has never been mentioned. There is no need for a 38 point build in DDO as the game is way to easy as it is. Everyone knows that there is only value in TR'ing a maximum of 3 times per class.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    Get real, there is no 38 point build and it has never been mentioned. There is no need for a 38 point build in DDO as the game is way to easy as it is. Everyone knows that there is only value in TR'ing a maximum of 3 times per class.
    Try doing a little more research before commenting on topics you know nothing about. Yes the developers have proposed a 38 point build option for an epic TR, but that is still to be determined. The introduction of an epic TR, and a revamp of the XP required to TR, is all slated for update 20.

I, for one, would like for a million point build to be implemented.

Get real, there is no 38 point build and it has never been mentioned.
    Wrong. Glin or rowan mentioned it in a state of game or long range plans thread.

Community Member

Thanks everyone for posting. I guess I got ahead of myself.

I propose all players have an option for a 44 point build and the NPC's be re-vamped as 14 point builds. There just seems to be a forever (or never ending) ongoing campaign by players to have characters that just by the aura of their greatness cause NPC's to drop dead without any save chance. When is enough, enough and when will DDO producers and developers stop the non-sense of this kind of game evolvement and capitulation. Enrichment of the game environment and continued content (quest) development with better and better storylines is what is needed.

u20 (epic TRing) will give us 38 pt.
    Has been mentioned. Not our fault you didn't do research before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    u20 (epic TRing) will give us 38 pt.
    Has been mentioned. Not our fault you didn't do research before posting.
    And not your fault that you did not research that others have already commented on my post. My error, but still no need for a 38 point build in my opinion.

And not your fault that you did not research that others have already commented on my post. My error, but still no need for a 38 point build in my opinion.
    Actually, I did see that they said it - it's why I noticed your post.

Doesn't stop me making completely sure you know it.

No, no need for it. But why not? Game will be just as easy regardless of if I have +1 UMD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    I, for one, would like for a million point build to be implemented.

Thats an excellent idea Mr Evil!!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Sollee View Post
    in the "new epic TR post" that is...dunno where (search dev tracker) they didn't mention it again, soooooooooooo it may happen, maybe not, must say that 36 to 38 isn't a big deal, but less is nothing XDDD what i want is the reworked tr xp curve, they hit the repetition penalty but didn't hit the curve >_<
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

As posters above already correctly stated, it is not yet out and supposed to be available with U20.
    I fail to understand the snarky remarks about more build points though.

2 points are insignificant with all the stat-improving items around. Low level quests are already very easy. Two more stat points won't make them more significantly easier.

And at lvl 20 you can have +6 stat items, so two additional stat points will not make a difference, even for a dump stat +2 stat points mean only +1 bonus. Putting them on important stats will lower their value even more, because you need more than 1 point to raise a stat by one on higher scores.