Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    It would have been a lot funnier if you hadn't come back.
    The fact that he came back makes this thread total win.. like a Troll knowing that people expect him to try and troll by doing one thing and then he turns around and trolls them even harder by doing something else.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

There was 5 hours and 55 minutes from the time the original post was posted to the time the OP made another post (by timestamp) that is not an excessive time for somebody to wait between posting replies in a discussion thread that they started even on this topic.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by 2x4 View Post
    Many times someone starts a thread. Raises their current peeve. Makes the starting post and then never returns to the discussion. I find that odd and shows me that perhaps there is an ulterior motive that is not actually stated in the original thread and post.It's curious to me. I now scroll down through a thread to see if the original poster has made any further replies. Seeing none, this tells me the original post and thread was not important to the person who started the thread in the first place.My 2cent observation
    Since the forum is broken and doesn't email you when a reply is posted to your subscribed threads, it is difficult to even know anyone replied (and almost as difficult to even find the thread again sometimes).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

I think there are two potential reasons (at least, speaking for myself):

1. the forums being so buggy in the last few months with constantly having to log back in every few minutes(seems to be fixed in large part since the last update to the forums)

and

2. No email alerts when a response has been made to the thread (at least, I am not getting them anymore and had relied on them heavily in the past)

just my 2 coppers worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    They may have started the post drunk, passed out, and then forgot all about it when they woke up.
    I can totally understand this one. There is one forum on the web and my #1 rule is to only post while drunk.

Maybe 10 years from now posting to forums will change, maybe it's the fact of total anonymity that exists on the web? There is a growing movement in the US and Canada to eliminate the anonymity on the Internet as a way to fight crime but I doubt that will ever happen. I do read some posts that are chock a block full of good and helpful information. There is tons on these forums.I also contemplated never posting in this thread again just for the comedic effect, but then I would have been THAT Poster. Just one more cliché.I also think it is good to talk about this kind of thing so that maybe we increase the maturity level of the forums. But I am told that is an impossibility. But who knows?This thread also contains honest answers from some who wish to help and enlighten. That is certainly refreshing?

Community Member

could be people make a post with their view on something then all the ahats on here abuse them soo much they decide not to come back to listen to it more

Quote Originally Posted by Demarill View Post
    could be people make a post with their view on something then all the ahats on here abuse them soo much they decide not to come back to listen to it more
    This is a really good point. Happens a lot on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2x4 View Post
    Many times someone starts a thread. Raises their current peeve. Makes the starting post and then never returns to the discussion. I find that odd and shows me that perhaps there is an ulterior motive that is not actually stated in the original thread and post.It's curious to me. I now scroll down through a thread to see if the original poster has made any further replies. Seeing none, this tells me the original post and thread was not important to the person who started the thread in the first place.My 2cent observation
    For me the reason not to come back into some of the threads I have started is the number of personal attacks against me and other participants in the thread. Lately that has been about 90%+ of threads

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Since the forum is broken and doesn't email you when a reply is posted to your subscribed threads, it is difficult to even know anyone replied (and almost as difficult to even find the thread again sometimes).

Or you could just log in here and click on Settings, that'll show you if there are any new posts in threads you're subscribed to (any threads you've posted in, that you haven't deleted the subscription for)
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12