Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    475

    Default Thanks devs !! Did you really change rangers devotion ??

    I'm hoping this was a bug or sumthing , I'm on vacation atm !!!

    Couldn't wait to get back home and continue working on my build . The only reason I went back to pure 20 AA was that I had heals and devotion , got tired of scrolls and pots and such , You just killed one of the only benefits of a play style ,

    And it's not like it was op I was only healing myself for 270 per cs , that was with heal amp gear and enhancements !!!!!! , ohh yeah I have maximize too !!! I mean I prob could of got some more out of it but still . Really ?????

    All you had to do was press it out through the 3 trees if you feel it was being exploited !!

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Man it's so obvious that you want those monk sales it's silly , you made them better at what a ranger AA is built for , that there was only tiny trade offs , And now you get rid of the trade offs ,

    Wait is there a class sale going on rite now ???

  3. #3
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Not only was it lame that the best archers had a minimum of 6 monk levels, but people complained about it so much, that now the best melee have a minimum of 6 monk levels too. Even the guys that used to stick to their pure fighter guns realized they had to multiclass 6 levels of monk in there in order to keep up with the jonses.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Ok, I bought monk a while ago; can you guys change it back so I don't actually NEED six levels of monk on AAs ;D

  5. #5
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    I'm hoping this was a bug or sumthing , I'm on vacation atm !!!

    Couldn't wait to get back home and continue working on my build . The only reason I went back to pure 20 AA was that I had heals and devotion , got tired of scrolls and pots and such , You just killed one of the only benefits of a play style ,

    And it's not like it was op I was only healing myself for 270 per cs , that was with heal amp gear and enhancements !!!!!! , ohh yeah I have maximize too !!! I mean I prob could of got some more out of it but still . Really ?????

    All you had to do was press it out through the 3 trees if you feel it was being exploited !!



    Think you didn't look at the Ranger trees well enough if Devotion is the problem.

    If you were spending 6 AP for 60 Devotion or the 10 AP for 80 Devotion in the old enhancements...

    you'll find 75 positive energy plus 2d6 Sneak Attack, 3 more uses of Animal Empathy [also affects Vermin & Elementals] and +3 Diplomacy all for 7 AP [6 AP if you don't want the extra 1d6 Sneak attack ]



    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Not only was it lame that the best archers had a minimum of 6 monk levels, but people complained about it so much, that now the best melee have a minimum of 6 monk levels too. Even the guys that used to stick to their pure fighter guns realized they had to multiclass 6 levels of monk in there in order to keep up with the jonses.




    I have found myself having to figure out how much Monk I need to fit into each of my melee builds, as I never had any Monks levels and I don't actually have any caster builds... so I'm on board with a Monk conspiracy theory.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  6. #6
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    Think you didn't look at the Ranger trees well enough if Devotion is the problem.

    If you were spending 6 AP for 60 Devotion or the 10 AP for 80 Devotion in the old enhancements...

    you'll find 75 positive energy plus 2d6 Sneak Attack, 3 more uses of Animal Empathy [also affects Vermin & Elementals] and +3 Diplomacy all for 7 AP [6 AP if you don't want the extra 1d6 Sneak attack ]
    This is apparently changing on Lammania, though i don't know exactly how. Being spread out into deepwood stalker core abilities or something.

  7. #7
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    This is apparently changing on Lammania, though i don't know exactly how. Being spread out into deepwood stalker core abilities or something.
    The change on Lamania sucks.

  8. #8
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    This is apparently changing on Lammania, though i don't know exactly how. Being spread out into deepwood stalker core abilities or something.


    So you are saying...

    at this moment on Lammania, they have taken Increased Empathy & Versatile Empathy and CHANGED them from their current positions in the Deepwood Stalker tree on Live as of now?



    I'd take it I erred in my response then, as the OP didn't state they were on Lammania building the character.




    Looking at it now... guess people were able to get their Cleric/FvS/Druid too jacked up by splashing a level of Ranger?




    There goes another 2-3 melee characters I thought might actually get a little self-sufficiency out of... oh well, now have to see what the changes are if so... to see if those builds are now broken.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    So you are saying...

    at this moment on Lammania, they have taken Increased Empathy & Versatile Empathy and CHANGED them from their current positions in the Deepwood Stalker tree on Live as of now?
    No, they're still in the same position. It's just that instead of granting up to 45/30 devotion (for a total of 75) they will now grant 12/8 (total of 20) devotion. The lost devotion was move to the DS core abilities, 10 devotion per core.

    So 1 ranger level will go from 75 devotion to 30.

  10. #10
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    No, they're still in the same position. It's just that instead of granting up to 45/30 devotion (for a total of 75) they will now grant 12/8 (total of 20) devotion. The lost devotion was move to the DS core abilities, 10 devotion per core.

    So 1 ranger level will go from 75 devotion to 30.



    Thanks for the update.

    Well 40 Positive for that same 7 AP investment as long as nothing else changed... hurts... guess it could have been worse.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    Well 40 Positive for that same 7 AP investment as long as nothing else changed... hurts... guess it could have been worse.
    40 AP would require 3 ranger levels. Remember that core abilities require 1, 3, 6, 12, and 18 class levels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload