Default New to TR mechanics

Howdy Yall,

I am kinda new to the game and am looking at TR and the mechanics involved. I just want to check myself on how I set this up. To have past life feats I have to be TRing the same toon. So here is my example: the consensus on druids seems to be that a min of 3 Sorc and 1 Wiz is the minimium PL's needed...so if I was planning on just those 4 I would need to do my chracter this way

Create a Sorc-Level to 20
    Tr to Sorc again-Level to 20
    Tr to Wiz-Level to 20
    Tr final time to druid...move forward as such

Is that how it works?

thanks in advance

p.s The reason I am asking is that I started the game a month ago and went with an iconic but no tr's on those until 4Q13 or 1Q14 so figure i might as well just make the new toon and run through it now using the iconic to feed gear to it. Also any advice on things to farm up for her Sorc lives. I currently am playing a pale trapper so have gear for her once she gets about 16+. I will be doing WF for ease of healing during the TR's and I will 90% of the time have a hireling.

Uhhhh...I started a first-life Druid not long ago and he's doing fine.....dunno why you'd have to TR so many times in order to play a Druid...
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathir View Post
    the consensus on druids seems to be that a min of 3 Sorc and 1 Wiz is the minimium PL's needed
    I'm skeptical of this.

My characters all only have 1 past life and they do just fine, except my cleric who has 2. Four past lives is way above and beyond what would qualify as "needed."

If you'd like to play a druid, I suggest rolling up a druid and just playing it. Once capped, if you want to rerun her through heroic levels again, TR her back into a druid.

The only hardcore past life project I think worth doing would be a completionist, but not for the past lives. The value of completionist (IMO) is getting to play every class.

EDIT: As an example, my DC cleric could absolutely benefit from 3 sorc past lives, 2 more wizard past lives, and 3 FVS past lives. I have no intention of ever doing any of those lives on him, and am quite content with how he is now. I may very well TR him into more cleric lives, but only because I like to rerun heroic content periodically.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

There are no minimum past lives needed to do anything. It all has to do with your comfort level and playstyle. When you hear people talking about 2 of this PL, and 3 of that, it's likely for the most maxxed out (spell pen)(DC)(Healing Amp) etc... If you want the highest Conjuration DC possible on a Wizard, you'd consider 3x Cleric past lives.

If you want advice on what to farm up for caster lives, here are some options. Best bet is to look them up on the DDO Wiki for how to obtain them. (I'll underline the things you should absolutely get, the rest is gravy)

Ring of Master Artifice (for WF)
    Cloak of Flames
    Bracers of Wind
    Trapblast Goggles
    SP items (Power or Wizardry)
    Greensteel Exceptional SP item (+150 stacking SP possible, don't put Wizardry VI on the first tier!)
    Greensteel Exceptional HP item (+45 HP possible)
    Mysterious Bauble
    Ring of Spell Storing
    Twisted Talisman
    Dragontouched Docent
    Blue Dragonscale Docent
    Elvencrafted Docent
    Skiver (a bit outdated, but still decent TR gear if you can get it)
    Blademark's Docent
    Morleth's Docent
    Gorgon Docent
    Spellpower/Lore weapons of your choice (it won't hurt to pick up some now if you see any that you really like.)
    The <Bronze/Silver/Copper> Ingot Arcanum Qstaves from Gianthold Tor are decent
    Staff of the Petitioner
    Twilight

My husband has TRed his Wiz about 11 times-- I'll ask him tomorrow if there's anything I'm missing that's good for arcane lives.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Just make a Druid, you don't need the Sor/Wiz past lives.

The "consensus" you mention is for running Epic Elite - even then, they aren't essential. Don't worry about that for a while.

Geoff.

Howdy Yall,

I am kinda new to the game and am looking at TR and the mechanics involved. I just want to check myself on how I set this up. To have past life feats I have to be TRing the same toon. So here is my example: the consensus on druids seems to be that a min of 3 Sorc and 1 Wiz is the minimium PL's needed...so if I was planning on just those 4 I would need to do my chracter this way

Tr to Wiz-Level to 20

Is that how it works?

thanks in advance

p.s The reason I am asking is that I started the game a month ago and went with an iconic but no tr's on those until 4Q13 or 1Q14 so figure i might as well just make the new toon and run through it now using the iconic to feed gear to it. Also any advice on things to farm up for her Sorc lives. I currently am playing a pale trapper so have gear for her once she gets about 16+. I will be doing WF for ease of healing during the TR's and I will 90% of the time have a hireling.
    yes u're right, iconics are screwed,and that's the way how u tr(at 20 u'll need to purchase a true druidic heart of wood in the area of "The Twelve", check wiki, you'll need to get 20 tokens of the twelve) and 3 sorc pl gives u 60 sp+3 evo and the purchased feat(non passive 1) gives u +1 dc to every spell/school, so u will have +4 evo (ur best spells are evo) no matter who says what, u need it and not for EE only lol, as example u'll be useless in EH unless u get some twists, and using twists for hitting the evo dc on EH is a waste(1st life go get the sage locket in heroic version, in the quest friends in low places, is a necklace that gives 3 evo dc and ml15 )

what u can do is hit 20 with the iconic and flag for some raids so u can get unbound ingredients (or bound to account, depending what you want), keep in mind if you wanna craft some gs items that the shards are bound to character

also the gear that phalaeo said is ok, i would remove the bauble and the ring because u won't be able or to get it or to fit it in your gear, so don't bother with nothing more than gs and ur lore/spellpower items, ofc sp items are a must, no sp= no party
    Last edited by psykopeta; 09-15-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

2014 DDO Players Council

the consensus on druids seems to be that a min of 3 Sorc and 1 Wiz is the minimium PL's needed
    Nah, you don't NEED any PLs. But those are 4 useful ones for a caster-oriented Druid. Not so much for a melee-oriented Druid.

...so if I was planning on just those 4 I would need to do my chracter this way

Tr to Wiz-Level to 20

Is that how it works?
    That is how it works. Though personally I might do the Wizard first, then the 3 Sorc lives. No biggie either way, though.