Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJi72 View Post
    I agree that Heroic TRing on a Legend life is infinitely less 'grindy' than going from 20 to 28, and the past life feats should reflect this. If there is no xp penalty, you could probably get 3 Epic Past lives easier, or less painful, than running yet another Legend life through content that you are beginning to find quite nausiating.

On the bright side, I don't see much reason to TR anymore. I was proud of my monk and ranger past lives... until I saw my first +9 to melee/ranged damage item.
    I don't understand this logic.

Past life Monk +1 damage
    Past life Ranger +2 ranged damage

all together that's still +3 damage and +9 damage on ranged / after equipping a Deadly +9 melee ranged damage that's +12 melee and +18 Ranged

Community Member

Primal avatar could use a +4 summons/pet/hire level, up to your current level, and some sort of stacking natural defense added to pets/summons/hires (stone skin>mithral skin>adamantine skin 30dr/adamantine?). Primal avatar and druids have a lot of summons/pet abilities, and many druids/artificers need to multiclass to get die step for handwraps or feats. Mages would be better able to multiclass for utility. Multiclassing can leave pets lacking, and EE content leaves summons and multi-classed pets lacking. All spell summons start to fade past level 1-17 when you originally get them. Monster Summon 9 Hezrou is lvl 16, so would need 3 stack of +4 to be 28. In addition, everyone uses the appropriate level hires, instead of the ones they like on live.

This would help the PA dryad, as well all summons, hirelings, and pets scale and function in higher difficulties, while adding more hireling variation at cap, and customization under cap.

Stacked 3x, it may also make deep splashing and arcane viable, as the summon spells and skele pet would be decent. Currently I'm not aware of any way to deep splash any arcane effectively. If this is something you don't want to change in this way, you may want to consider making it +4 summons/pet level for natural pets and summons only. That way druids can still bring back the wolf pack!

----------------------

I do have a question about patron reputation and flagging. Would one lose all the reputation and quest completion and flags for non-epic quests? I would hope not.

If we are going to do a 3x 20-28 grind of 18M xp, it would be a lot more pleasant if we could change a few levels each time for a slightly different twist to your character and varied experience. 18M xp is a long time. Longer than it would take to roll up an entirely new character, with twists, and enjoy an entirely new play experience.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-20-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Primal avatar could use a +4 summons/pet/hire level, up to your current level, and some sort of stacking natural defense added to pets/summons/hires (stone skin>mithral skin>adamantine skin 30dr/adamantine?). Primal avatar and druids have a lot of summons/pet abilities, and many druids/artificers need to multiclass to get die step for handwraps or feats. Mages would be better able to multiclass for utility. Multiclassing can leave pets lacking, and EE content leaves summons and multi-classed pets lacking. All spell summons start to fade past level 1-17 when you originally get them. Monster Summon 9 Hezrou is lvl 16, so would need 3 stack of +4 to be 28. In addition, everyone uses the appropriate level hires, instead of the ones they like on live.

This would help the PA dryad, as well all summons, hirelings, and pets scale and function in higher difficulties, while adding more hireling variation at cap, and customization under cap.

Stacked 3x, it may also make deep splashing and arcane viable, as the summon spells and skele pet would be decent. Currently I'm not aware of any way to deep splash any arcane effectively. If this is something you don't want to change in this way, you may want to consider making it +4 summons/pet level for natural pets and summons only. That way druids can still bring back the wolf pack!

----------------------

I do have a question about patron reputation and flagging. Would one lose all the reputation and quest completion and flags for non-epic quests? I would hope not.

If we are going to do a 3x 20-28 grind of 18M xp, it would be a lot more pleasant if we could change a few levels each time for a slightly different twist to your character and varied experience. 18M xp is a long time. Longer than it would take to roll up an entirely new character, with twists, and enjoy an entirely new play experience.
    I like the +to summon level but, if it doesn't effect all pets than its bunk. Natural only is a low blow for Artificer.

Community Member

My lady and I are VIP members, we are both now level 20 and have tried [repeatedly] to activate our epic destinies but to no avail.

We used the lessor heart of wood +20 we were given and reincarnated our characters. again we tried to activate our epic destinies, again to no avail.

No paths are available to us. have followed all instructions but nothing works.

was wondering if anyone else is suffering from this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by ElCuriouso View Post
    My lady and I are VIP members, we are both now level 20 and have tried [repeatedly] to activate our epic destinies but to no avail.

We used the lessor heart of wood +20 we were given and reincarnated our characters. again we tried to activate our epic destinies, again to no avail.

No paths are available to us. have followed all instructions but nothing works.

was wondering if anyone else is suffering from this bug?
    Is this your first time hitting level 20? If so, have you purchased the Epic Destinies? They are not free to VIPs. You either have to buy them separately or as part of the MoTU Expansion bundle.

Might that be the issue?

Community Member

Default Primal Destiny Feats?

My druid is healing/offensive casting oriented.

I play in the Shiradi Champion Primal Destiny.

I was wondering if there will be healing/casting oriented feats to choose from in the Primal Sphere if you eTR. Will I have to earn 'sphere points' in the arcane/divine areas to get appropriate feats? Will this mean more playing in a bad destiny?

Please say primal epic past life feats will go beyond TWF, THF and ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    An excellent question, indeed!

For a heroic reincarnation {or maybe also an iconic reincarnation} that starts over and gains new, so far it looks like reflagging / refavor will be needed.

However, this epic reincarnation does not lose the heroic levels, hence it is more akin to a lesser reincarnation. Therefore, it is possible flagging and favor might/could be left along. This would encourage more players shy about reincarnation to participate, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadnettle View Post

I was wondering if there will be healing/casting oriented feats to choose from in the Primal Sphere if you eTR. Will I have to earn 'sphere points' in the arcane/divine areas to get appropriate feats? Will this mean more playing in a bad destiny?

Aye, I would hope to see a mixed bag in the primal sphere.

To me balance is reviewing all parts of DDO occasionally to see if they need upgrading as the game evolves.

To me balance is bringing forth a variety pack of new classes, iconics, races, creative ideas, quests, raids, challenges, events, etc...

To me balance is working on a variety of areas in DDO, prioritizing them, but granting attention to all in due time.

To me balance is tending the garden and weeding the bugs continually with a crew who knows what they are doing, while others create new content.

To me balance involves rewarding time and effort spent playing the game as well as realizing its a social luxury entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    To me balance is reviewing all parts of DDO occasionally to see if they need upgrading as the game evolves.

To me balance is bringing forth a variety pack of new classes, iconics, races, creative ideas, quests, raids, challenges, events, etc...

To me balance is working on a variety of areas in DDO, prioritizing them, but granting attention to all in due time.

To me balance is tending the garden and weeding the bugs continually with a crew who knows what they are doing, while others create new content.

To me balance involves rewarding time and effort spent playing the game as well as realizing its a social luxury entertainment.
    To me balance is having a final say and then leaving the thread for others to give their opinions. It's probably time we both did that.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadnettle View Post

that's my hope too. the past lives should be epic, generalized so different builds can benefit from it and creative, but still related to those spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    To me balance is having a final say and then leaving the thread for others to give their opinions. It's probably time we both did that.
    Respectfully agreed.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    This is funny.

Quite a few people think that the game should be tailored to them, and because they don't want to slowly spend more time working on their toons, then DDO should not reward time and effort spent playing the game.

The carrots are so bad right now and the past lives are so outdated by the increases made by the introductions of new loot, more levels, and epic destinies, that people think they have the right to demand that DDO not reward time and effort spent in the game.

Quite a few people think first life toons should be similar to fourty or hundred life toons.

Then people log in for the next update, complain about the loot not being uber enough, play for two weeks, then go find another game to play.

DDO is going to be here for long time, and the Devs should place some long term goals.

Having trouble with Epic Normal or Epic Hard? Currently a lot of people sneer at those difficulties. I enjoy those difficulties. Epic Elite is a challenge for me and I think that is good. No one should take for granted Epic Elite, if they breeze thru it with a first life toon, something about the game is wrong.

People are protesting and have been protesting because they don't want to have to play the game more just to stay at the top. This makes no sense. Effort and playing time should be rewarded. Its not just here and now or one person, its been many places since updating reincarnation discussions started.

When combat DCs hit 70ish, any past life bonues are very, very small.

When spell DCs hit 50ish and way beyond, any past life bonuses are very, very small.
    You need to learn how DCs work.

The difference between a 73 DC and a 70 DC is no different - at all - to the difference between a 16 and 13 DC. (Whereas the difference between hitting for 73 damage and 70 damage is much smaller than the difference between 16 and 13 damage).

A 15% jump in character effectiveness is enormous, and those past lives that give it (Fighter x3 for tactics, Sorc x3 for Implosion builds and some damage casters, Wizard x1 for all DC casters, Clr x3 for some damage casters, Pal x3 for all tanks) are absolutely mandatory to not feel like you are a millstone around your group's neck when running non-trivial content. Of course many past lives do not grant 5% power jumps and these are now mostly forgotten (Bbn, Mnk, Rog, etc). Technically the +3 DC increases are more than a 15% power boost as going from 50% to land a spell to 65% is a 30% improvement in effectiveness per mana, 30% more effectiveness per second spent casting, and also means you are more likely to survive as you land more of the spells that are in 'if this does not land, I'm dead' situations.

Also if 'effort' is to be rewarded with in-game power - does that apply to level 24s running Waterworks for the 715th time? That is effort and playtime, is currently not rewarded (outside of the Monster Manual at least) and very much should not be rewarded. Rewards should be given to players for achievements - for running content that is tailored to their skill level, above, or slightly below. Of course it is hard to judge someone's skill level and you need to make your best attempt, but if you want to see what rewards for running trivial content does to a game, try LOTRO out and you will realise why it is such a horrible system when you see level capped characters seriously grinding quests in low-mid level areas to get 'Traits' - which are little 1-2% boosts in character power that all endgame group play is balanced around you having access to.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    If you have amazing ideas for possible Epic Past Lives, now is a good time to try to squeak those ideas into our ears!
    Overall, my thoughts on how past lives should function...they should all be things that are desirable, but not really mandatory. Hopefully any bonuses available via the heroic tr system won't also be available in the epic tr system...mainly no more stacking dcs/spell pen bonuses. I don't want to see past life bonuses making certain aspects of the game like the old ac system, where if you have as perfect as you can get minus the tr's you might as well still have 1 because you'll fail all the time anyhow.

Now with that being said...I also think the new epic tr bonuses should also be designed to have at least some desirability cross spheres. Sure a martial sphere's going to have more use for a fighter then a wizard, and an arcane sphere more for a wizard then a fighter, but every sphere should have something pretty much any build can get at least a little benefit from.

Possible examples of bonuses I'd like to see...

martial - prr, % armor piercing, bypass dodge %
    primal - % hp, %dodge, % doublestrike/offhand doublestrike/doubleshot
    divine - %light absorb, +heal skill, shield doublestrike
    arcane - % absorb all elements+force+negative, +spellcraft, +repair

They'd all have a bit of offense and a bit of survivability to them. Numbers really I wouldn't even make them that huge, probably 2's or 3's for most of them, a little higher on the ones where a 2 or 3 is a totally negligible number. I know from reading through the thread some people are expecting some massive godly bonuses...but they're all stackable passive bonuses. They shouldn't be grab the power up and win the game type bonuses, just something to give your toon a little extra. If your walking away with a little more offense and a little more survivability, that is ok by me.

Also, if there is a form of epic completionist, I'd make it function differently then heroic completionist. Heroic completionist is already the bonus for being the jack of all trades. How about making epic completionist be more like being the master of one(or of all of them if your an over achiever). I'd make epic completionist be a bonus that gets unlocked when you have 3x past lives of a sphere and 3x past lives of all its corresponding heroic classes. I guess what I'd suggest for bonuses would be different depending if they were passive or selectable in an epic feat slot, but I thought I'd throw this concept out as an alternative to the jack of all trades type completionist we already have.

Finally, for iconic tr's, I think the thing I'd most like to see for their bonus, rather then more stackable passive bonuses, would be extra AP that are usable only in your race tree. Again, doesn't have to be a lot. I'd be willing to do it for +1 AP for each iconic I TR as, assuming more are going to be added at some point. It'd still be free points to grab some low level enhancements, and to make some of the more expensive ones that currently aren't worth it a little more tempting to grab. When the enhancement update first came to be first thing I looked through was the racial trees, and I thought a lot of them looked really cool. Then I looked through the class trees and realized most of the racial trees wouldn't ever really be seeing much AP from me. Its not that the racial trees are really bad, its just a lot of the class trees are amazing.

And if anyone's read this far your probably thinking, man, that guy really must hate tr'ing with all those little bonuses he proposed, but the thing is, I love tr'ing. That's why I'm looking at the bonuses not as what is each life going to give me, but what is the sum of the whole going to be. A lot of little bonuses get pretty significant when you start to add them up.

Quote Originally Posted by McFlay View Post
    Also, if there is a form of epic completionist, I'd make it function differently then heroic completionist. Heroic completionist is already the bonus for being the jack of all trades. How about making epic completionist be more like being the master of one(or of all of them if your an over achiever). I'd make epic completionist be a bonus that gets unlocked when you have 3x past lives of a sphere and 3x past lives of all its corresponding heroic classes. I guess what I'd suggest for bonuses would be different depending if they were passive or selectable in an epic feat slot, but I thought I'd throw this concept out as an alternative to the jack of all trades type completionist we already have.

I have to disagree with this bit.

there is no reason to tie epic completionist to heroic past lives.

3x heroic past lives for all heroic classes in a sphere is 9 heroic lives for most spheres and 6 for only 1 but, doing so would completely negate the fact that Epic Reincarnation only takes you back to level 20 and you'll be forced to Epic Reincarnate and Heroic Reincarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    You need to learn how DCs work...
    Since you quoted me, and you made an extremely good point, I will reply, but otherwise will leave this thread alone.

I do agree with you that STACKING past lives bonuses are to be viewed with caution.
    I do agree with you that DCs should be careful to avoid the d20 boundaries.

Notice that I continually have stated please remove the past life purchasable feats.
    This includes Wizard past life being removed from game = -1 overall spell DC
    This includes Bard past life being removed from game = -1 enchant DC
    This makes the overall increases from first life less.

As a compromise to you and everyone else concerned, I would offer this:

Instead of normal bonuses instead grant similar to this:
    Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives once: auto grant at level one Spell Focus in all schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives twice: auto grant at level eleven Greater Spell Focus in all schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives thrice: auto grant at level twenty one Epic Spell Focus in all schools.

This maintains the d20 limitations ranging within the game already yet grants bonuses for ER that are desirable.
    It also leaves the choice of removing or not removing purchasable past life feat as a separate issue.
    {Although I highly recommend removal of it. *}
    {*Must be added the Monk purchasable past life feat unarmed strike bonus somewhere in the martial sphere.}

Strongly consider splitting these between spheres instead of grouping them into arcane only such as:

Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives once: auto grant at level one Spell Focus in enchantment, evocation, and necromancy schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives twice: auto grant at level eleven Greater Spell Focus in enchantment, evocation, and necromancy schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Arcane Sphere past lives thrice: auto grant at level twenty one Epic Spell Focus in enchantment, evocation, and necromancy schools.

Bonus for obtaining all Divine Sphere past lives once: auto grant at level one Spell Focus in abjuration, conjuration, and divination schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Divine Sphere past lives twice: auto grant at level eleven Greater Spell Focus in abjuration, conjuration, and divination schools.
    Bonus for obtaining all Divine Sphere past lives thrice: auto grant at level twenty one Epic Spell Focus in abjuration, conjuration, and divination schools.

Bonus for obtaining all Primal Sphere past lives once: auto grant at level one Spell Focus in illusion and transmutation schools along with some melee type bonus.
    Bonus for obtaining all Primal Sphere past lives twice: auto grant at level eleven Greater Spell Focus in illusion and transmutation schools along with melee type bonus..
    Bonus for obtaining all Primal Sphere past lives thrice: auto grant at level twenty one Epic Spell Focus in illusion and transmutation schools along with melee type bonus..

Bonus for obtaining all Martial Sphere past lives once: auto grant at level one Combat Focus**
    Bonus for obtaining all Martial Sphere past lives twice: auto grant at level eleven Greater Combat Focus**
    Bonus for obtaining all Martial Sphere past lives thrice: auto grant at level twenty one Epic Combat Focus**

{**I recommend a new feat group be created ~ Combat Focus, Greater Combat Focus, and Epic Combat Focus granting +1 stacking combat DCs.}

These make Epic Completionist not as crucial as they are part of this....

{Completionist, Epic Completionist, and Iconic Completionist should not stack with each other as the dangers are shown above,
    hopefully all three should apply bonuses for 3x gained, and be autogranted.}

I do feel that this compromise offers reward as well as caution to not leave first thru fourth life toon behind.
    Edit: Spoke with another uber completionist on Khyber, and he accepted this compromise easily.

I am done and out of here, cheers.
    Carry on.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-24-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Community Member

I mentioned previously somewhere in this thread that I really like the dev's approach to epic reincarnation and applaud the team on their approach to this. Here are a few thoughts/questions/suggestions in no specific order:

1) I like the passive past life feats from heroic TR because there is always an incentive to TR to get a stacking benefit. It sounds like the new system will only have active feats if I am understanding correctly, is this correct?
    2) Since re-spec isn't part of this, I assume 38 point build is also off the table?
    3) It would be great if the new raid in January supported epic reincarnation the way shroud supported heroic TR with lower level gear that was usable to cap. This would mean some nice min level 20 items. Alternatively, you could boost some of the old epic gear or offer min level 20 epic gear in a variety of quests. The best thing about greensteel is that once you reached level 11/12 you didn't need to keep switching those gear slots.
    4) It would be great to give us your thoughts on how the epic reincarnation past life feats will work
    5) Will there be higher xp requirements like there is with heroic TR?
    6) I think people would like it if you could select an active destiny and another destiny for xp. It would be fine if you wanted to give reduced xp if the destiny selected for xp was different, but it's just more fun to play in a usable destiny - not to mention more beneficial to the party.

Thank you again for interacting with us about epic reincarnation. I look forward to future updates.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Rowan/Glin/Varg? More info please? Last info/post on Sept. 13th

Thread started on Sept. 13th, last post by a Dev on the 13th, asking nicely/politely/sincerely for some more communication/information please & thanks a bunch!

I had NO Internet @ home for 12 days starting from Friday Sept. 13th until this morning(Wednesday Sept. 26th). Since then no other dev posts at all no communication at all.

Again I am asking/begging some more info, anything at all please & thanks a bunch! It would be *greatly* appreciated! :P! ! Finally just caught up & read all/every single post.

Interesting ideas I guess. Need more info on U20 & the rebalancing of xp in quests: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...est-XP-Changes

Also please more bug fixes/quality of life fixes: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-of-Life-Fixes

And more ideas: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Devs-revisited

Thanks for listening!(I hope! ) Cheers!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Default Epic Passed Life Feat Suggestion

Ok had this idea last night. Apologies if someone already suggested this but im not gonna read through 16 pages.

If the plan is to have 1 x 3 stackable sphere ED passed life feat, how about we get to choose one T1 twist from any ED on that sphere which can be made T1, 2 and 3 from 3 epic trs?

So for example I could get Coccoon T3 for my primal PL feat after 3 epic trs and ...
    Brace for impact as my divine sphere PL feat after another 3.
    Unearthly Reactions for Arcane, another 3.
    Legendary Tactics for Martial...

You get the picture.

I know Brace for Impact that has 2 tiers but idea is a work IP.

A extra T1 twist per sphere is the idea. Testing the waters here.

A real benefit for what should be an EPIC Passed Life Feat.

Cheers Hunta
    Last edited by Hunta-EU; 09-26-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast