Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dmnqwk View Post
    When it comes to heroic past lives, some of them are good (+1 all skills, +1 dc), some are situational (+2 ranged damage, +1 turn attempt) and some are... yeah (+1 damage to sneak attacks)

Just what is your goal with the power level of these?

Would we see for example:
    Arcane Sphere - Puppet Master. Your voice hums with a magical overture, confusing and disorienting all around you. Enemies without 30ft are subject to a Mass Charm Monster spell (DC 10+level+ highest int/cha). Cooldown 3 minutes.
    Martial Sphere - Put some welly into it. When wielding a two-handed weapon, you add twice your attribute modifier to damage instead of 1.5 times. When dual wielding, you add your full bonus to offhand attacks.

Or would we be more in line to expect
    Divine - Piety. Your cure spells are 10% more effective and your smites deal 10% more damage.
    Martial - Blind Fighting. You can reroll the miss chance for invisible or concealed foes.
    My concern with the new system is that three times stacking in each sphere combined with quite powerful "feats" would simply make epic tr'ing a necessity, not an option.

I currently have a first life monk that I extensively worked on favor (including challenges) and have no intention of ever tr'ing until they have an option to preserve favor. Plus I'm not all that keen on the whole tr thing in the first place. As far as heroic tr goes this isn't a huge problem, as none of the past life feats are truly overpowered (with the exception of +9 spell pen from 3xwiz, 3xfvs; however, this isn't relevant to my melee).

So please devs do not make the epic past life feats super powerful and not have an option to not reset favor for epic tr only. There should also be the realistic option to never tr and still be somewhat competitive. With relevance to your suggestions, 3 x stacking 10% to cure spells or the proposed bonus to two-handed or two-weapon fighting are very powerful. A mass charm song with 3 min cooldown and blind fighting are nice but in no way overpowered.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Community Member

Default 38 point build?

In the original ideas for Epic Reincarnation there was a way to increase ability points to 38. Will that be available in the new system?

Geoff.

Default Some fear effect plz :P

Tier I : Gain frightful presence feat.
    Tier II : Gain Fear aura feat.
    Tier III : Gain Nightmare aura. 10% chance that mob subject to fear will be subject to phantasm killer like spell. If saved mob takes 5d8 untyped dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    As far as heroic tr goes this isn't a huge problem, as none of the past life feats are truly overpowered (with the exception of +9 spell pen from 3xwiz, 3xfvs; however, this isn't relevant to my melee).
    There you have it devs.
    Your current carrots are very lacking.

So please devs do not make the epic past life feats super powerful and not have an option to not reset favor for epic tr only. There should also be the realistic option to never tr and still be somewhat competitive.
    Fear overcomes desire right now.
    Your current carrots are very lacking.

Can you break out of this pattern?

Or will the group that says,
    "Hey Devs, we just want to log in twice a week, pick up broken equipment from raids and never TR cause past lives stink.
    Please keep past lives stinking so we don't have to consider it?"
    will they win?
    Is that what you want, people logging in for raids and nothing else?

There is a fair amount of people pushing to stop the only reincarnation update ever in the next few years.
    This is folks, do it right now, cause it will be ages before you return.

For those of you who would say to me,
    "You knew what you where getting into when you TRed so many times, so don't ask for change."

Fawn and I reply back,
    "I did not do it for the carrots, I even openly stated the power gain was not worth the effort.
    We climbed the mountain because it was there.
    To me the journey was the most important part."

Will everyone be wiling to climb the mountain just to know they reached the top?

Should first life toons really be similar to hundred life toons?
    We will have hundred life toons under the new system when the nine or so more iconics arrive.

What is the point of playing this game if first life toon will resemble one hundred life toons?

Fear is the orginal sin.

A lot of good has been done, thank you.
    This is an important moment which will reflect deeply in the future.
    Ponder carefully, and be bold with your decision whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    What is the point of playing this game if first life toon will resemble one hundred life toons?
    Ponder carefully, and be INTELLIGENT with your decision whatever it may be.
    Very true for your question and I fixed your statement.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Thank you.

My only real concern is whether or not a hundred life toon after the ETR pass will play identically to a first life before, only with more time-required to hit the required numbers to do the exact same thing. Nothing says 'pointless time sink' like constantly selling us back our present abilities. (Well, except maybe more inflation without upping the bar. The phrase "all dressed up and nowhere to go" springs to mind.)
    Last edited by Scraap; 09-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.

will we be able to change race with the epic tr (starting at 20)? Really hoping this is the case. For things that make a difference in gameplay, we can change EVERYTHING without having to start at lvl 1 now OTHER than race, and it would be a shame to have that tied solely to lvl 1.
    Main characters: Usually on Rhyes, Miniryse or Legolass
    I'm rich! filthy rich! /runs off to AH
    /cry! I'm poor! flat broke! /runs off to sell things on forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf View Post
    will we be able to change race with the epic tr (starting at 20)? Really hoping this is the case. For things that make a difference in gameplay, we can change EVERYTHING without having to start at lvl 1 now OTHER than race, and it would be a shame to have that tied solely to lvl 1.
    Based on dev posts, epic reincarnation will not altar your heroic build; you start back at where you were when you first hit 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    My only real concern is whether or not a hundred life toon after the ETR pass will play identically to a first life before, only with more time-required to hit the required numbers to do the exact same thing. Nothing says 'pointless time sink' like constantly selling us back our present abilities. (Well, except maybe more inflation without upping the bar. The phrase "all dressed up and nowhere to go" springs to mind.)
    In other words, please keep making content designed with 1st thru 4th life toons in mind?
    I agree.

A 100 life toon ought to feel like a demi-goddess or demi-god and be highly sought after for groupings.
    The rare player with a 100 life toon would also have some very neglected alts, leaving room even for her/him to grow.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

In other words, please keep making content designed with 1st thru 4th life toons in mind?
    I agree.

A 100 life toon ought to feel like a demi-goddess or demi-god and be highly sought after for groupings.
    The rare player with a 100 life toon would also have some very neglected alts, leaving room even for her/him to grow.
    I hear what you are saying and I agree that multi-trs and those that would get these ED PLs should be a cut above a first lifer for sure. But, herein lies the next greatest challenge of the Dev Team. If they make the new ED PLs just some stacking bonus and folks grind them out, then folks will complain the threshold for saves/dcs/etc are too weak and need a boost. They will boost them to the point that only a multi-tr/multi ED PL can achieve leaving 1st and 2nd lifers completely subpar.

They have a great challenge to make a carrot nice enough to entice folks to grind out some absurd 6 mil xp over and over again that would provide some unique bonus without curbstomping anyone that hasn't that kind of time to invest. I don't envy thier position, but then again I never told them to work on this rather then a more balancing end-game experience.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

The problems associated with total helplessness/instant kill spells have existed for a long time and will continue to exist regardless of reincarnation.

They are a problem that existed long in D&D before DDO was even made.

Past life suggestion: Martial Epic Sphere +X% fortification stackable 3x.

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    If they make the new ED PLs just some stacking bonus and folks grind them out, then folks will complain the threshold for saves/dcs/etc are too weak and need a boost. They will boost them to the point that only a multi-tr/multi ED PL can achieve leaving 1st and 2nd lifers completely subpar.
    Are you sure that your "then" will follow your "if"?

You are putting actions into the developer's future that may not be there?

How many uber completionist are there in the game anyway?
    A dozen?
    Do you think their existence truly changes the game right now?

So far bonuses to DCs by past lives of any sort are laughable.
    A monk stun DC currently does not require multiple fighter past lives at all.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Are you sure that your "then" will follow your "if"?

You are putting actions into the developer's future that may not be there?

How many uber completionist are there in the game anyway?
    A dozen?
    Do you think their existence truly changes the game right now?

So far bonuses to DCs by past lives of any sort are laughable.
    A monk stun DC currently does not require multiple fighter past lives at all.

Just following the trend that has been ongoing for years now.

Yes, I completely believe if the bonuses added to ED PL are implemented in a stacking manner we will see an increase in mob saves shortly thereafter. Which would make all those that are not, subpar. As I said, this is a tough thing for the Devs to produce. They need it good enough to make folks want it, but it also needs to not be game breaking. Honestly, their best bet would be to go with really unique, cool , fun bonuses rather then stacking ones.

And, yes I realize this goes against my original brain storming post. But, I've had time to think about it since then.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

They have a great challenge to make a carrot nice enough to entice folks to grind out some absurd 6 mil xp over and over again that would provide some unique bonus without curbstomping anyone that hasn't that kind of time to invest.
    Its a PVE game, not PVP.
    The amount of 100 life toons will be very, very rare.
    The amount of single/several life toons will be very, very common.
    The masses will ensure balance.

The old epic system stunk with single difficulty and epic ward.

I don't envy thier position, but then again I never told them to work on this rather then a more balancing end-game experience.
    End game will stabilize in due time under the current system.
    If we don't create a proper reincarnation system we will end up with 100 level characters,
    and then where will the loot and raids be?

Honestly, their best bet would be to go with really unique, cool , fun bonuses rather then stacking ones.

And, yes I realize this goes against my original brain storming post. But, I've had time to think about it since then.
    I completely agree.

Example:
    I do not want to see Epic Completionist be +X to stats.

Make it MORE twist slots instead.

I would prefer to see some improvements on current bonuses without including a second set.

For example:

Search out +1s in heroic past life and replace them with +2.
    Then not repeat them in later places.

Eliminate all purchasable past life feats cause they are mostly awful and recycle them.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast