Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    You need a better server then.
    We are tough cookies on Khyber.
    .. your point is invalid... how often do our EE runs get to the LFM stage before we're full? Now that i'm done picking on fawnfawn...

Feat Ideas.. and I'm not nice enough (or coherent enough) to organize.

Of course +## spell power (insert type here) prefer increased crit chance as well or another option.

SLA: longer rage, mass heal, mass resist energy (whether hit 1 target with all resists, or group with 1 resist... either would be nice!) any 9th level spell, longer duration invis/incorperal (like shadow fade), True Rez,

+2 DC universal, or +4 to (insert type here)

Increase to damages always useful, tactical DC increases nice..

+ %% Amp (both positive and repair)

Some sort of better summons or increase to summons.. I think someone said like 'grand summoning' before...

Some E-Completionist ideas: by themselves or mixture of...
    +5 stacking stat increase (so +7 with heroic completionist)

+100 hp and +100 sp (fvs/sorc would be 200)

+10 to all skills
    Last edited by LadyKoneko; 09-14-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post

I suggest all TRing start a character over at level 1. Yes I recognize than many will claim that's not what they want, but remember we love this game and love to play it.
    NO. Just NO.

Because we love playing the game doesn't mean there isn't some parts of it that we are sick of. If they got rid of every quest between levels 1 and 10, I wouldn't shed a tear because I've playing them literally thousands of times. The only thing that is fun thousands of times is sex.

To be honest, I'd rather they shelve this whole idea and shift every bit of development money to building quests. I don't care if it costs these people their jobs, DDO needs a hundred new quests rather that one more form of reincarnation that forces us to keep playing the same tired quests over and over. Especially since they give us **** XP for all the newer quests.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do epic TRing when it gets here but I'll have a small tear running down my cheek thinking about what the game could be compared to what the producers continually give us.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    So we still have to spend time in Destinies which are ill fitting our character in order to both earn twist points and to earn points in a sphere which is not our character's main destiny for the purposes of true reincarnation. Sounds very unfun. I am little bit more onboard with this in terms of epic reincarnation, but not at all for twisted fate points despite that being the current way that things are done. Make DDO more fun by providing incentives for fun things instead of unfun things. As I posted in a thread in the general discussion provide incentives to my fighter for playing the most recent released quests in his favorite destiny at whatever quest difficulty he chooses to play instead of providing incentives for running 1-3 year old quests in a poor destiny for his build on epic normal/hard.
    There has to be some trade off, the system can't just be completely against the spirit of DnD which is about choices. There's really only one sphere that has nothing for casters and any non-caster can find a benefit in every sphere, in my opinion of course.

One thing that they should do with the addition to Epic TRing is to finish all spheres/destinies. It's just ridiculous that they keep giving us unfinished work, telling us they will finish it later, and then moving forward with new work instead of completing what they already started.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Whatever happens, don't let epic TR benefits stack as high as heroic TR benefits. The 9 spellpen and 4 to (some) DCs you get for running the caster lives (5 to DCs if you go to the point of completionist) are gamebreaking to the point that first life DC casters are not even remotely close to viable in endgame content. Further insane stacking bonuses will widen the gap between those with time to grind and those without.
    Those benefits should stack and they should make endgame comment much easier. The problem is that the quest developers now think that everyone is a triple completionist with all capped destinies and max twists and they are designing normal and hard level quests for that level of ability and then making EE insane because they think that only those types of toons want to run EE.

You should get a benefit for doing the work and if that benefit makes it so that you can burn through quests when others are dying then either don't run with them or help them get the same benefits that you currently enjoy.
    Beware My Gifts!!!

In terms of Epic TR back to level 20.

Would I be assuming correctly that you would rebuild your character from level 1 to 20, so you are able to retrain your feats, ability and skill points?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

Whatever happens, don't let epic TR benefits stack as high as heroic TR benefits. The 9 spellpen and 4 to (some) DCs you get for running the caster lives (5 to DCs if you go to the point of completionist) are gamebreaking to the point that first life DC casters are not even remotely close to viable in endgame content. Further insane stacking bonuses will widen the gap between those with time to grind and those without.
    Excellent point SG.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Growth without stacking:

Divine:
    Grants empower healing, empower, maximise.
    or
    Mental toughness, improved mental toughness, epic mental toughness.

Martial:
    Grants Two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting, greater two weapon fighting.
    or
    Grants Two handed fighting, improved two handed fighting, greater two handed fighting.

Primal:
    Grants Power attack, cleave, great cleave.
    or
    Point blank shot, precise shot, improved precise shot.

Arcane:
    Grants Spell pen, improved spell pen, epic spell pen.
    or
    Spellfocus X, greater spell focus X, Epic spell focus X.
    I like this idea. Would really increase flexibility on feat-starved classes, without actually granting strictly more powerful abilities. I would certainly do some Epic TRs for some of these.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Completionist going passive needs to happen, totally agree! But stacking 3 times? No.
    Agreed.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    The whole beauty of TRing is that you get a FREE feat (no one really cares about the purchaseable ones).
    Quite a few of the purchasable ones are junk, but that's not universally true. DC casters routinely take the Wizard purchasable feat.

Maybe this idea is absurd, but how about give us a poll?

Love it, like it, it's okay - but needs work, don't like it, kill it with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Our current plan for Epic Past Life feats is to tie a few of these feats to each Sphere, instead of tying each Past Life to a specific Epic Destiny.

When you Epic Reincarnate you choose which sphere you want a past life from. For instance, if you want a Primal Past Life, you spend points earned while you had any primal Epic Destiny active, and you choose one feat to gain from the list of possible Primal Epic Past Life feats.

The details regarding these Epic Past Lives are still being designed. Early thoughts are that these are likely to stack three times, like Heroic Past Lives.

If you have amazing ideas for possible Epic Past Lives, now is a good time to try to squeak those ideas into our ears!
    Brilliant! Love the idea!

I am an xp-hore. I have real troubles questing without earning xp - the reason I did not like epic prior to epic destinies, and the reason I began TRing when most of my EDs were maxed, providing me with the highest benefit I could use for my character.

But I LOVE epic quests and being 20+ level - now you have made that possible, b/c I'll be able to TR over and over, maintaining my epic status and hard won ED's.

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Growth without stacking:

Divine:
    Grants empower healing, empower, maximise.
    or
    Mental toughness, improved mental toughness, epic mental toughness.

Martial:
    Grants Two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting, greater two weapon fighting.
    or
    Grants Two handed fighting, improved two handed fighting, greater two handed fighting.

Primal:
    Grants Power attack, cleave, great cleave.
    or
    Point blank shot, precise shot, improved precise shot.

Arcane:
    Grants Spell pen, improved spell pen, epic spell pen.
    or
    Spellfocus X, greater spell focus X, Epic spell focus X.
    This. So totally this. So insanely, totally this.

Seriously, I hate grinding destinies so much that I only have one max'd on my main. If I could free up multiple feats, I'd grind destinies into infinity.

As an example, just taking the divine idea: I'd take max, empower, empower heal as a ED:PL. I don't even have empower heal right now, so that is one free feat and two free slots, which I could use to take SF/GSF:Necro and put more power behind destruction, or take heavy armor and tower shield proficiency for more defense. Now, if I went to Arcane, I could free up even more feats - but to get there, I'll have to go through martial - so I might as well have the TWF chain for flavor. Then free up 5 feat slots, and get one free feat if I took both suggested arcane feat chain past lives. Adding the divine ED:PL suggestion, that means of the 10 standard, universal feats we currently have, I could swap out 7 of them and still have all my current abilities.

Without stacking, that would result in vastly more power.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    Without stacking, that would result in vastly more power.
    Which is exactly why this and other powerful ideas should NOT happen. When I read that suggestion it was obvious that it made perfect sense. But it's also a great way to bring an unprecedented jump in powercreep. I don't think we need to set a precedent for builds with 12 extra feats.

I still think some form of Twist grants makes the most sense for a good reward without excessive creep.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Which is exactly why this and other powerful ideas should NOT happen. When I read that suggestion it was obvious that it made perfect sense. But it's also a great way to bring an unprecedented jump in powercreep. I don't think we need to set a precedent for builds with 12 extra feats.

I still think some form of Twist grants makes the most sense for a good reward without excessive creep.
    I disagree with twists, mainly because I could get all the twists I need as it stands in the current system, but I do see your point with powercreep.

What if, rather than granting a full chain of feats, you got to purchase one feat from a set assigned to each sphere, each with a set amount of - err - "ED Tokens" gained through experience? Say, as an example:

Divine: Empower Heal, Improved Turning, Extra Turning, Quicken, Guardian Angel, Holy Weapons, Spell Power: Positive, Spell Power: Light, Spell Power: Negative, Spell Power: Fire, Skill Focus: Heal, Epic Skill Focus: Heal, Turn Undead, Smite Evil, Magical Training, Spell Pen, Greater Spell Pen (requires purchasing spell pen), Epic Spell Pen (requires purchasing prereqs), Empower, Maximize, Heighten

Martial: Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Mastery, Improved Trip, Tower Shield Proficiency, Combat Expertise, Improved Sunder, Stunning Blow, DR Breaker, Blinding Speed, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Power Attack, Cleave (requires PA purchase), Great Cleave (requires prereqs purchases), TWF chain (purchased individually), THF chain (purchased individually)

Arcane: any spell focus, any greater spell focus (prereq: purchasing the spell focus), any epic spell focus (must have purchased the two prereqs), Spell Power: insert element, Spell Power: Force, Spell Power: Sonic, Hell Ball, Epic Mage Armor, Magical Training, Spell Pen, Greater Spell Pen (requires purchasing spell pen), Epic Spell Pen (requires purchasing prereqs), Proficiency with Crossbows, Rune Arm Use, Empower, Maximize, Heighten

Primal: Power Attack, Cleave (requires PA purchase), Great Cleave (requires prereqs purchases), TWF chain (purchased individually), THF chain (purchased individually), Precision, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack (each requiring prereqs purchased as epic TR feats), Natural Fighting, Empower, Maximize, Heighten, Empower Heal, Blinding Speed, Perfect THF, Perfect TWF, Frog Spell, Wild Shape (each feat requires purchase of previous set - bear, wolf, dire bear, winter wolf, elementals), PS, IPS (requires precise shot purchase)

The more powerful the feat, the more extra XP you have to gain for it.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Big Question: Are the EPLs going to kick in at level 20 or level 1? Or combinations (Yaaa confuse the coding!) If we're buying them with currency, more expensive ones can be Level 1 Global, and other cheaper ones can be Level 20+ Epic only.

Arcane: +4% Lore crit chance (x3 to %12)
    Martial: +5 PRR, +1 Max Dodge
    Primal: +3% Flurry (Doubleshot/doublestrike)
    Divine: +3% Healing Amp

I can understand wanting to simplify the coding and keep with the "Epic doesn't impact Heroic" theme, but from a Character's perspective their life goes from 1-28, not 1-20 and 20-28... There's a total experience in there that I'd kind of want to see benefit all future progress. I don't like the schism between heroic and epic. If ETR really doesn't impact Heroic, then there's no incentive to go from 1-28. There will be players that will just grind out the Heroic lives, and then do ETR:20s and claim this is more efficient of their time. There will be flower sniffers that just do heroic TRs, filling out their synergistic destiny, until they've hit cap on Karma/Sphere points and then do an ETR:1. What Incentive is there to go from 1 to ETR:1 back-to-back if the EPLs don't effect the heroic game?
    Last edited by Systern; 09-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Regardless of what happens in or of a result of this thread, some things are constant:

The level cap will be raised to 30 next year.

The next Xpack will grant epic destiny levels 6 thru 10.

Loot and tomes will continue to scale with character levels.

DMs must entertain and challenge their players.

Raids and quests must offer sufficient challenge to remain worthy of our interest.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Regardless of what happens in or of a result of this thread, some things are constant:

The next Xpack will grant epic destiny levels 6 thru 10.
    And you know this is a constant how? Or is it conjecture just like most everything else you state as fact? No where that I can find looking back 6 months is this stated as a "Constant" all that has been posted is you making suggestions.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 09-14-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    NO. Just NO.

Because we love playing the game doesn't mean there isn't some parts of it that we are sick of. If they got rid of every quest between levels 1 and 10, I wouldn't shed a tear because I've playing them literally thousands of times.

<snip>
    Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do epic TRing when it gets here but I'll have a small tear running down my cheek thinking about what the game could be compared to what the producers continually give us.
    I understand your position Yaga, and we'll have agree to disagree agreeably (on the part I quoted--I think we almost agree on the snipped part). TRs and completionists seem commonplace now, but those are real achievements that mean the player sunk something significant (too much?) into the game. Much more than merely capping a 1st life character. Epic Completionist should be achievable, but it should be a significant accomplishment that is noteworthy on a grand scale. I believe TRing to lvl 20 will water it down too much.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Community Member

This is really looking like a good thing, as evidenced by all of the positive responses. Nice to know our input from the 'other' ETR thread was valued.

ETA: Really awesome, almost every on-topic post is positive. *\o/*
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 09-14-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    Plz make so only WF can TR into bladeforged, Only humans into shader kai, only elves into morning lords, humans into purple dragon knights. Come up with other iconics that only dwraves, drow, and hobbits can TR in to.
    I say this with all due respect but... you're nuts.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast