Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Hero

Certainly looks promising! Hopefully the shift from "Power from Pain" will make it's way into more aspects of the game. I personally never liked nor understood fully the philosophy that a game should be painful for you to have meaningful progress. I am all for rewarding playing more (supporting the game) as long as it's balanced to not unfairly punish those you can only play casually.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 09-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.

I really, really like the fact you are using spheres.
    This allows an infinite number of past lives to offer as desired,
    and can be increased later on.

It also makes leveling up easier as a sphere has much greater choices.

Psionic sphere within the next few years please?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    If you have amazing ideas for possible Epic Past Lives, now is a good time to try to squeak those ideas into our ears!
    Divine Ideas:

+20 Light, Positive, Negative, and Fire spellpower.

SLA Selector: One of Cure Light Wounds, Shield, Nimbus of Light, Divine Favor, Mass Aid

Weapons are ghost touch, metalline, and bypass alignment DR.

15% healing amplification.

+20 light resistance.

Melee:

Permanent +1W damage

5% doublestrike and doubleshot.

+4 to tactical DCs

+4 SA die

Evasion

Arcane:

+2 to all DCs

+10 USP

SLA selector: Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Shocking Grasp, Acid Spray, Niac's Cold Ray, Necrotic Grasp, Blur, Nightshield

+20 to Fire, Cold, Electric, and Acid Spellpower

+20 Force spellpwer

Primal:

Two-Weapon Training (grants all three feats)

Two-Handed Training (grants three feats)

+10 inherent elemental resists

Eternal Rage (extends rage by 200%)

+20 Cold, Fire, Electric, and Positive spellpower

+1W when unarmed, in animal form, or dual-wielding.

Greater Augmented Summoning (summons get +8 to all stats)
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

If you have amazing ideas for possible Epic Past Lives, now is a good time to try to squeak those ideas into our ears!
    Feat that grants you an extra tier one twist from any of the Sphere Destinies.

Very much appreciated.

Thanks for taking our concerns into account and shifting things into a more enjoyable system.
    +1 to you all!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    A new word for Fawn:

par·a·digm
    /?par??d?m/
    noun
    noun: paradigm;?plural noun: paradigms

1. technical
    a typical example or pattern of something; a model.
    "there is a new paradigm for public art in this country"
    synonyms: model, pattern, example, exemplar, template, standard, prototype, archetype More
    A shift in such paradigm is when something you thought to be true is actually false... at least for my intended usage. We thought the world was flat, then we learned it is round. Or... we thought the Epic loop had to take you to Lv 1 and at great cost (and there were valid design reasons to do so). When that limitation was lifted a new pattern emerged.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

Our current plan for Epic Past Life feats is to tie a few of these feats to each Sphere, instead of tying each Past Life to a specific Epic Destiny.

When you Epic Reincarnate you choose which sphere you want a past life from. For instance, if you want a Primal Past Life, you spend points earned while you had any primal Epic Destiny active, and you choose one feat to gain from the list of possible Primal Epic Past Life feats.

The details regarding these Epic Past Lives are still being designed. Early thoughts are that these are likely to stack three times, like Heroic Past Lives.

Any thoughts on heroic past lives? Some aren't even worth the effort to TR for them and considered pretty meh. They could really use a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Not at the same time. (which is an answer that surely leads to more questions)
    We will have more on that when we go over the entire Reincarnation system... soon.
    Iconics will be able to gain the Epic PL, unlike the previous proposal.
    Weird. I would have thought you'd treat iconics for TR purposes like a heroic class except that it gets to level 15 XP on the first life. Any TR's into iconics start at 1. Hence an Iconic TR would be similar to a Wizard TR and you could combine it with an epic TR as listed in your examples. Not sure why Iconics should care about epic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    This sounds interesting and doesn't ring any alarm bells. Looking forward to it.
    Agreed, but that is also why it has me worried.

Well Id love it if it was 20+ only Epic Tr... not from 1-20 again - bcs 1-20 would feel as if all ppl who made 1-20 lifes before wasted time bcs they have to do it again.

Anyway I like the Idea. Some Past Lifes Id like to see:

Divine Sphere:
    +20 Light Spell Power and 3% more critic with those
    +15 PPR
    +20 Positive Spell Power and 3% more critic with those

Arcane Sphere:
    +2 DC to all spells
    +10 Universal Power and 1% crit for all spells
    +2 Spell Pen

Primal:
    + 2 Evocation and Conjuration and Transmutation DC
    +10 stackable resistances to all elementals
    +10% doublestrike with melee weapons and 10% doubleshot

Martial:
    +2 Tactical DC
    +5% dodge
    +2d6 sneak attack

Completionist: You gain +2 stackable to all ability scores, +1 DC to all Tactical DCs and Spells, you also gain evasion feat.

That would be cool

But also Id like those to be stackable only ONCE - doing 11-12 Past Lifes is enough. Certainly :P.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 09-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Default Color me impressed

Wow... You... Listened! Thank you!

•Having an option between a partial ETR back to 20, or a total ETR back to 1? Brilliant!

•Grandfathering in some credit for those of us who've done the effort already? Brilliant!

•Making good on the initial proclamation of "no loss of Destiny xp upon Reincarnation." Brilliant!

•One obvious fail however: the DooOoOOOooM!1!!11!!! threaders may have to clock some OT tying this to the game's demise... (although I have faith they'll certainly try!)
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    A shift in such paradigm is when something you thought to be true is actually false... at least for my intended usage. We thought the world was flat, then we learned it is round. Or... we thought the Epic loop had to take you to Lv 1 and at great cost (and there were valid design reasons to do so). When that limitation was lifted a new pattern emerged.
    In grad school, I had to write a lengthy paper on whether the field of information science was in the midst of a paradigm shift based on a metadata analysis of scholarly publications...an information science analysis of information science analysis. Xzibit really needed to have made an appearance in that paper - "Yo dawg, I heard you were looking for a paradigm shift in information science analyzing metadata in papers, so we used the metadata in your metadata so you could shift your paradigm while writing your paper about papers."
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

DoooOOOOOooooMMMM meter falling.

As you level Epic Destinies you will gain points toward Epic Reincarnation in the active Destiny Sphere (e.g. Arcane, Divine, Martial, Primal). Furthermore, there is plan to grant retroactive progress for those of you working on your Epic Destinies today.
    Thanks for the update. With regard to tying past lives to spheres, this is potentially very worrying for completionists.

Epic completionist should not be invalidated every update by simply adding an a single past life feat available in a sphere. If you want people to grind out more past lives to maintain completionist, please at least take the time to add a new class (or destiny) as has been the status quo since the implementation of completionist.

Please DO NOT use this as an opportunity to easily increase the amount of grind as time goes on for completionist toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Weird. I would have thought you'd treat iconics for TR purposes like a heroic class except that it gets to level 15 XP on the first life. Any TR's into iconics start at 1. Hence an Iconic TR would be similar to a Wizard TR and you could combine it with an epic TR as listed in your examples. Not sure why Iconics should care about epic stuff.
    Yup. Iconics get a whole section on how they fit into TR.
    Reincarnation and Iconics is pretty straight forward but I think it makes more sense when the whole system is laid out.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

Sounds promising. Pity that I will wait until I see the final product before I drum up any kind of enthusiasm or cheering, however. Once bitten, and all that.

Well, that and it'll just be another form of reincarnation I'll likely utterly ignore. I'll be perfectly upfront with my dislike for the current TRing for personal reasons, so take my trepidation on a new form of it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    DoooOOOOOooooMMMM meter falling.
    Mine was too, then I saw the ranger devotion change.

It's d00000m-neutral.

Community Member

Our current plan for Epic Past Life feats is to tie a few of these feats to each Sphere, instead of tying each Past Life to a specific Epic Destiny.

When you Epic Reincarnate you choose which sphere you want a past life from. For instance, if you want a Primal Past Life, you spend points earned while you had any primal Epic Destiny active, and you choose one feat to gain from the list of possible Primal Epic Past Life feats.

The details regarding these Epic Past Lives are still being designed. Early thoughts are that these are likely to stack three times, like Heroic Past Lives.

Some ideas for past lives as well (based on a one-time available feat, unlike 3 in heroic TR and no PL feats become available until level 20):

This is a suggestion assuming they can stack upto 3 times. I tried to make each worthwhile to any type of build and also included a 1st time bonus (sort of like a free active past life feat) for each destiny).

Exalted Angel (passive): Stacking bonus of +10 to positive/negative spellpower and receive a Mass Heal SLA x5 per rest

Unyielding Sentinel (passive): Stacking 5 PRR and benefit from constant Death Ward

Grandmaster of Flowers (passive): +0.5W damage on unarmed and use of monk unarmed attack speed without monk levels

Legendary Dreadnaught (passive): +2DCs Tactical Feats and use any exotic or martial weapons without proficiency

Shadowdancer (passive): +2 bonus to all skills and receive Invisibilty toggle

Primal Avatar (passive): Stacking +2% dodge and dodge cap and gain permanent Rams Might

Shirardi Champion (passive): +5% doubleshot and grants you the feat shot on the run and the feat deflect arrows

Fury of the Wild (passive): Stacking 20HPs and gain stacking 10% movement speed

Fatesinger (passive): Stacking +10 Sonic Spellpower and Sonic Resistance and ability to Resurrect x1 per rest

Magistar (passive): Stacking +10 Force/Untyped Spellpower and stacking +10 spell resistance and permanent GH

Draconic Incarnation (passive): Stacking +10 Elemental Spellpower and +10 stacking Fire/Acid/Electric/Cold Resistance and permanent blur

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Feat that grants you an extra tier one twist from any of the Sphere Destinies.
    I love this idea.

Have one inside every sphere: divine, arcane, primal, martial, etc...

One extra twist from each sphere limits power, yet grants us something we greatly desire.

First past life = tier one twist slot
    Second past life = tier two twist slot
    Third past life = tier three twist slot

Everyone would want this.

I would give up Epic Completionist granting a twist slot for this to happen.

Thumbs up Much better

Thanks for the info. Much, much better than the original proposal.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast