Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

When Fawngate did "What goes up" on EE her first time, she struggled just like everyone else.
    We got it done, but it tooks hours and hours.
    Her 40 lives helped yes, but she drank a lot of sp potions indeed.

A challenge it was, should be, future as well...

The Devs face a decision this week.

If the level cap is going to stay indefinitely at 30, if Reincarnation is going to be a big part of the game,
    if this game remains PVE cooperation instead of PVP...

The golden apple is tossed thru the gates...

Should first life toons be expected to trump EE content?

Will the carrot harvest fail or be a bumper crop?

Devs will move unto other things quickly, such as raids.

Will they listen to those playing other games who want to not need to play their current toons any to be able to stay competitive?

If it looks like a raid,
    if it smells like a raid,
    if it feels like a raid,
    perhaps it should be a raid?

Maybe let's turn, "What goes up" into a raid?

Drop Heroic Commendations XX%?
    Everyone needs those.

Teleport from public area directly to raid?

How hard would the conversion be anyway?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Primal sphere:

"The Cleared Path"
    The spirits of the fey surround you and clear obstacles from your path. Secret doors you are aware of and unlocked doors within 10 feet of you automatically open.

Martial sphere:

"Stay Puft the Destroyer"
    You are angry. So angry. Barrels, crates, and other breakables within 10 feet explode spontaneously from your thunderous footsteps.
    I love these ideas, but I am thinking they should be saved for Iconic TR's. Either way I would love to see these.

Oh, what the heck:

The Mom Look (toggle)
    Intimidates a targeted mob every 5 seconds, at an intimidate DC -12/-8/-4.

As to whether that would be divine or primal? I'm informed it would be divine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Well, Maj Mal is one heck of a Trekkie.
    LOL, a friend of mine (Billy Sherwood) just co-wrote, performed on, and produced William Shatner's new album.

He's also doing a few lives shows, leading the band (Circa) that's backing Shatner.

Should be hilariously funny show..

Quote Originally Posted by oopsagain View Post
    LOL, a friend of mine (Billy Sherwood) just co-wrote, performed on, and produced William Shatner's new album.

He's also doing a few lives shows, leading the band (Circa) that's backing Shatner.

Should be hilariously funny show..
    The same guy who used to be in Yes?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The same guy who used to be in Yes?
    Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    If it looks like a raid,
    if it smells like a raid,
    if it feels like a raid,
    perhaps it should be a raid?

Maybe let's turn, "What goes up" into a raid?

Drop Heroic Commendations XX%?
    Everyone needs those.

Teleport from public area directly to raid?

How hard would the conversion be anyway?
    And when it doesn't smell or feel like one then it's not. WGU ISN'T a raid and is laughable that people are having issues with it on N & H. On EE, yes, it's a very hard quest but it still isn't a raid. Could they make some major and minor tweaks to make it a raid, sure, but they didn't want to do that so stop pressing them on it and start pressing for more details on U20 (which is supposed to have a raid or two if I remember correctly).
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There should be benefits for actual achievements, but not benefits for 'work'.

Of course what is an achievement and what is work varies from player to player, but doing your 700th completion of at-level EH VON3 should not be providing major rewards.
    Any true achievement requires work, even if that work is considered fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Lol Yaga.

But seriously, making it worthwhile for players to grind out past lives is the name of the game for a good portion of people. TRing was a huge boon to the repeat-ability and success of the game imho.

When someone like Sirgog(and I respect most all of his opinions) says that there shouldn't be a gap between a 1st lifer and someone that ground out 100s and 100s of hours of lives, EDs, etc. I call BS:

What made me grind out a completionist? Seeing others do it and seeing some decent but also moderate benefits. It was a goal, and it's not for everyone but it's another way of advancement. More advancement means more game play for a lot of people.

I do agree with Yaga that content needs to be made to keep us long time players interested, but with regards to Epic TR: The benefit should be commensurate with effort put into it. Balance is always tricky in an MMO, but let's not forget that having more power is incentive for a lot(not all) people to continue playing the game. Achieving goals is a great motivator.
    TRing was only a boon to replayability because we were getting something more out of the time. As I said in a different post, they are going to have to start catering to the older players at some point or risk losing us and a big part of that is to stop coming up with new, unneeded, incomplete systems like EDs and TRing and focus on what people play the game for which is quests. We don't play to make our characters powerful to be able to say we can blow throw XYZ quest 10 seconds faster with that 3rd Monk PL giving me a bonus to damage. We play to say we made it through a challenging dungeon with friends/guildies and that we got some good to great XP and loot.

As I said before, I'd rather them put the devs that are working on Epic TRing out on the street and hire more dungeon and mob designers. That's a lot of people want more than playing through the same quests over and over.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Could they make some major and minor tweaks to make it a raid, sure, but they didn't want to do that so stop pressing them on it and start pressing for more details on U20 (which is supposed to have a raid or two if I remember correctly).
    U20 is only 2 quests and epic reincarnation. The raid is next year. (Probably U21 but I don't know that they've officially said that)

...Could they make some major and minor tweaks to make it a raid, sure...
    Kind of thinking Tempest Spine quality, which is actually very popular at level and sometimes asked for as an epic raid. It would never be as good as Fall of Truth, but if the conversion was fairly easy to do, maybe?

I, too, look forward to update 21.

...We don't play to make our characters powerful to be able to say we can blow throw XYZ quest 10 seconds faster with that 3rd Monk PL giving me a bonus to damage...
    Which is why Epic and Econic Reincarnation needs offer significant advantage; things a player will stop, sit down and read, and seriously consider wanting.

Here are my ED TR feat suggestions:

Arcane:

+3 to Spellcasting

+5% casting speed

+5 Universal Spell Power

Divine:

+3 to Heal

+5% chance to critical Light and Dark spells

3 Light and Negative Energy Resistance

Martial:

+5% Melee Alacrity

+3 to Hide and Move Silently

+3 to Concentration

Primal

Summons, hirelings, charmed creatures, and pets receive +5 resistance to Acid, Cold, Fire, Ice, and Sonic damage

+5% Ranged Alacrity

+3 to Listen and Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    Here are my ED TR feat suggestions:

Primal

Summons, hirelings, charmed creatures, and pets receive +5 resistance to Acid, Cold, Fire, Ice, and Sonic damage
    this one even if it stacked 3 times seams to be super weak +15 resistance is not really anything to write home about for your pets and summons now if it was +10 stacking to +30 thats not too bad

I did like the other suggestions
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 09-18-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Developer Expansion Pack #405928
    Cost: [s]4995 galactic credits[/s] ~ 50% off only 2498 galactic credits

This pack allows a developer to upgrade their game with the very lastest version of completionist.
    Auto granted, fully stacking, and scalable for intense gaming needs.
    Guarantee to sell more boxes and hearts per annual income.

Technical stats:
    Heroic bonuses
    Auto Grants +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level one if a toon has earned the completionist feat once.
    Paragon bonuses
    Auto Grants an additional +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level eleven if one has earned the completionist feat twice.
    Epic bonuses
    Auto Grants an additional +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level twenty one if one has earned the completionist feat thrice.

Replaces the your existing outdated completionist feat.

Order now today and receive a trial Iconic Kobold kit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Developer Expansion Pack #405928
    Cost: [s]4995 galactic credits[/s] ~ 50% off only 2498 galactic credits

This pack allows a developer to upgrade their game with the very lastest version of completionist.
    Auto granted, fully stacking, and scalable for intense gaming needs.
    Guarantee to sell more boxes and hearts per annual income.

Technical stats:
    Heroic bonuses
    Auto Grants +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level one if a toon has earned the completionist feat once.
    Paragon bonuses
    Auto Grants an additional +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level eleven if one has earned the completionist feat twice.
    Epic bonuses
    Auto Grants an additional +2 to ability scores and skill checks at level twenty one if one has earned the completionist feat thrice.

Replaces the your existing outdated completionist feat.

Order now today and receive a trial Iconic Kobold kit as well.
    All in

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am looking forward to providing everyone with the design details of proposed changes to the Reincarnation system in the coming weeks. Before we start rolling out the fact sheets and dev discussions, I intend to get in front of some of the greater concerns that players (and developers) have raised regarding our prior proposal for Epic Reincarnation.

To get to the point: We have really changed direction from what was previously proposed; and I for one am very pleased that the systems team has taken that direction from 'power from pain' to something more palatable, like 'rewarded for efforts.'
    • Epic reincarnation will require level cap and "points" (TBD) in a "Destiny Sphere" (TBD). This will allow a character to reincarnate from Epic cap to level 20, with equivalent heroic XP.
    • Doing so will not alter your earned Epic Destinies or Epic Destiny XP, and you can alternatively take a second step and reincarnate your Heroic levels to 1 and benefit from both a Heroic and Epic Past Life [PL] feat.
    • As you level Epic Destinies you will gain points toward Epic Reincarnation in the active Destiny Sphere (e.g. Arcane, Divine, Martial, Primal). Furthermore, there is plan to grant retroactive progress for those of you working on your Epic Destinies today.

Again, this is a departure from the previously shared proposal. The goals we set out to accomplish are still being met with these more generous alterations to the Epic Reincarnation design and I hope to share lots of detail changes in the next week (Soon TM).

~E
    Is this going to be brought to the playerbase all at once or is it going to be given in parts then more parts that never get finished later? I ask because it seems we get big changes to the game and 3 or 4 different ways the same thing are implemented all half done and seemingly not complete years later and was wondering if this is going to be just another thing partially finished.

Community Member

Default Epic PL Feats

I'm sure that some or all of these would be considered overpowered, but I pretty much put in numbers that could be managed easily with multipliers. These are some different ways that everything could be made with epic pl's that came to mind.

Arcane: (all stances with a 10 minute cooldown before being able to deactivate or change stances)

Arcane Fury: Passive: +5% Universal Spell Power, +10% Spell points. Active: +25% Universal Spell Power, +15% Spell Point cost to all spells. When activated, passive benefits do not function.

Elementalist's Might: Passive: +8% Fire, Electric, Acid, and Ice Spell Power, +30 Spellcraft Skill. Active: +40% Fire, Electric, Acid, and Ice Spell Power, Spellcraft skill equals 0 after all mods. When activated, passive benefits do not function.

Bardic Enchantment: Passive: +15% song duration, +20% to song effects, +2 to song DC's. Active: -50% Song Duration, +40% to song effects, +8 to song DC's. When activated, passive benefits do not function.

Divine:

Divine Glory: +10% to light and healing spell power, +6 to turn dc's,

Righteous Defender: Gain +3% Dodge, +10% PRR. When Blocking, gain +25% DR and elemental absorption.

Martial:

Weapons Master: Increase Critical Threat Range by 2. Increase Critical Multiplier by 2. Increase Tactical Feats DC by 2

Master of Shadows: +35 to Move Silently and Hide. +5 to Assassinate DC. Attacking while sneaking does not cause sneaking to end

True Master of Peace: +1[W] to all attacks while centered. +1 to critical threat range while centered. +1 to critical Multiplier while centered. Tactical Feats DC increased by 2

Primal:

Unnamed for Shiradi: +10% to melee and ranged attacks and to spell power. All melee and ranged attacks, as well as offensive spells have a 7% chance to do an additional 10d100 damage for each of force, acid, fire, electric, and ice damage types.

Dutiful Rage: When raged, add con score to hit and damage modifiers along with all saves

Draconic Transformation: Transformation into a small dragon, gain the ability to breath with damage type of chosen dragon type, damage similar to 25% higher than the ability in draconic. Dragon type will be chosen at feat selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    this one even if it stacked 3 times seams to be super weak +15 resistance is not really anything to write home about for your pets and summons now if it was +10 stacking to +30 thats not too bad

I did like the other suggestions
    This would be stacking resistance. Hirelings generally already have some resistance. That's why if you cast Resist Energy on them, sometimes the animation doesn't show (they already have those effects when this happens, and it won't stack). If you have a pet you have a character that can cast Resist Energy, so again, you'd have more than the +5/+10/+15 when you cast that in addition to the feat. Same with summons unless you are using a clicky as a fighter or something.

But if they wanted to do +10 each time, that'd rock .
    Last edited by Gywiden; 09-18-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    This would be stacking resistance. Hirelings generally already have some resistance. That's why if you cast Resist Energy on them, sometimes the animation doesn't show (they already have those effects when this happens, and it won't stack). If you have a pet you have a character that can cast Resist Energy, so again, you'd have more than the +5/+10/+15 when you cast that in addition to the feat. Same with summons unless you are using a clicky as a fighter or something.

But if they wanted to do +10 each time, that'd rock .
    I was thinking more in terms of my Army of Ooze from my Improved Precise Shot OozeII heavy repeater.

only buffs I give them are AOE like rage and haste if they are in proximity so passives +30 resists would be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of my Army of Ooze from my Improved Precise Shot OozeII heavy repeater.

only buffs I give them are AOE like rage and haste if they are in proximity so passives +30 resists would be welcomed
    That makes sense . Also, +10 would make more sense for non-caster lives since hirelings really would benefit from this. They often die quickly to traps and strong spells they aren't resisting. I actually had hirelings in mind when coming up with this since they really could use more durability, especially when they decide it is a good idea to stand in pools of fire and acid, or in the flames spewing from a wall trap rofl.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast