Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    Although it sounds sweet I think returning to level 20 on epic tr will make this too easy, Level 15 - the same as iconics would be a better fit with your FR push.
    Well then, you might could easily do it 33 times for Epic Triple Completionist?

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    If anything 100 is likely still too low. To be realistic it pretty much has to be a pain - otherwise noone will bye it from the store and that almost surely has to be an option that many players will opt for. I simply dont see how it can be different though I could wish it was obviously.

Maybe count the number of quests needed to go from 20 to 28 and then tripple that number if you run on EE (and higher if you run on EH) - thus making it a choice if you want to farm or pay.
    3 times?

it takes 6,600,000 XP to go from 20 - 28 6,600,000 x3 = 19,800,000
    it takes 1,980,000 to cap a destiny with 11 destinies 1,980,000 x11 = 21,780,000

so what your saying is that even though we get to keep Epic destinies we should basically need to farm out close to the same amount of XP to max them out all for every Epic Reincarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    3 times?

it takes 6,600,000 XP to go from 20 - 28 6,600,000 x3 = 19,800,000
    it takes 1,980,000 to cap a destiny with 11 destinies 1,980,000 x11 = 21,780,000

so what your saying is that even though we get to keep Epic destinies we should basically need to farm out close to the same amount of XP to max them out all for every Epic Reincarnation?
    Epic XP comes MUCH more quickly then heroic, due to the way epic XP scales.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Epic XP comes MUCH more quickly then heroic, due to the way epic XP scales.
    yeah it sure does however there is no reason to need to do enough quests to take a toon from 20-28 3 times to get a Epic Reincarnation Heart

so to get Epic Completionist you essentially need to do enough quests to gain the XP needed to have do each epic past life 3 times. that's ridiculous

there is no reason to make it that excessive.
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 09-17-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    yeah it sure does however there is no reason to need to do enough quests to take a toon from 20-28 3 times to get a Epic Reincarnation Heart

so to get Epic Completionist you essentially need to do enough quests to gain the XP needed to have do each epic past life 3 times. that's ridiculous

there is no reason to make it that excessive.
    Yet if you dont noone will buy the hearts from the store and I am fairly sure thats a given that TB needs that. Your math also breaks slightly apart because you only get the bravery and first time on difficulty bonus once so subsequent runs of the same quest are quite a bit less xp. I sense that you seem to want the hearts to be present without any further xp than simply making it to 28 - but then there is no point at all in having those hearts at all as it would be automatic. Maybe my suggestion was slightly over the top - but I fear thats much more realistic than the suggestions to make it a complete non-grind. Maybe 2 times rather than 3 times could be feasible I suppose but less than that I sincerely doubt. The fast movers will just have to cough up and use the store.

Community Member

I might be alone, but the bonus's I would like to see are along the same lines as old TRs.
    Martial sphere would give +1 str per tier for 3 tiers(+3 total), +1 AC for three tiers, and +1 to all skills.
    Primal +1 con, +1 reflex save, and +1 dex.
    Divine +1 Wis, +1 Cha, and +1 fort saves.
    Arcane +1 Int, +1 will saves, and +2(?) stackable MR/tier.

Other idea I thought would be neat would be perm +1 to all classes associated with that sphere. So if you get 3 tiers of classes association in divine, you would gain an effective +3 to all divine classes once you hit epic levels(course this wouldn't mesh well with the current ED lvl bonus's).

I am sure more then what I said would be needed, but that is what I personally would like to see included.

Quote Originally Posted by doawithlife View Post
    Other idea I thought would be neat would be perm +1 to all classes associated with that sphere. So if you get 3 tiers of classes association in divine, you would gain an effective +3 to all divine classes once you hit epic levels(course this wouldn't mesh well with the current ED lvl bonus's).
    I like this idea.

+1 class level for all classes in that sphere, stacking up to 3 times. Simple, elegant, albeit a bit unsexy. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I like this idea.

+1 class level for all classes in that sphere, stacking up to 3 times. Simple, elegant, albeit a bit unsexy. I like it a lot.
    Sounds interesting.

Perhaps that could be an autogrant reward for gaining each past life in that sphere?
    I'm sure there are some people who will max out certain spheres without interest in other spheres?

I think its interesting that some who criticized the loot from the 2013 Xpack seem to also indicate that epic past life bonuses should not get too high.

These two points of view appear to contradict each other.

The 2013 Xpack loot serves an important purpose.
    A brand new toon could roll be up an iconic, work thru all the Xpack quests once and obtain enough nice loot to be raid ready.
    Thus it is designed to accommodate a newer player or a player coming back to the game or a player joining a new server.

Carrots even cosmetic carrots are important.
    Peoples interest falls off with no where left to go.

This is a cooperative game, not a player vs player game.
    Challenge is important.

A careful balance is required as always to design this game.

I have heard a fair amount of people say the are waiting to see how good the past life bonuses are before they decide to epic reincarnate.

Community Member

Default Should I TR now or wait

I have a toon sitting at L20, want to do last life. From what I understand safe to do the last heroic life and favor since epic TR is different? Dont want to spend time doing it if have to heroic TR again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Martial sphere:

"Stay Puft the Destroyer"
    You are angry. So angry. Barrels, crates, and other breakables within 10 feet explode spontaneously from your thunderous footsteps.
    This would be worth an Epic TR for.
    I would totally LOVE this !!!

+1 for the laugh, and for the idea.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I think its interesting that some who criticized the loot from the 2013 Xpack seem to also indicate that epic past life bonuses should not get too high.

These two points of view appear to contradict each other.

The 2013 Xpack loot serves an important purpose.
    A brand new toon could roll be up an iconic, work thru all the Xpack quests once and obtain enough nice loot to be raid ready.
    Thus it is designed to accommodate a newer player or a player coming back to the game or a player joining a new server.

Carrots even cosmetic carrots are important.
    Peoples interest falls off with no where left to go.

This is a cooperative game, not a player vs player game.
    Challenge is important.

A careful balance is required as always to design this game.
    If XPack was designed for the new player and for new Iconics, than what do the rest of us strive for in there? I hear a lot positive things about how well quests were done, but that's not enough to keep it active and with no raid there's even less interest.

Aye.

Gold Carrots are important, bring em on....

No sense in finally updating Reincarnation but then leaving it shallow and uninteresting.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-17-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Just a though on Heroic past lives.

What if each past life made you count as having 1 level in that class for enhancement purposes?

So the passive past life fighter unlocks all the fighter trees as if you had one level of fighter

The Active past life feat adds 2 levels

Additional past lives add one more level up to 3.

So 3x past life fighter and the feat lets you count as a level 5 fighter for enhancement purposes.

Completionist could add 2 levels to all classes meaning you would count as at least level 3 in all classes.

Past life feats + actual levels in the class grant bonus action points?

This wouldn't have to be instead of the existing bonuses.

Kambuk

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Yet if you dont noone will buy the hearts from the store and I am fairly sure thats a given that TB needs that. Your math also breaks slightly apart because you only get the bravery and first time on difficulty bonus once so subsequent runs of the same quest are quite a bit less xp. I sense that you seem to want the hearts to be present without any further xp than simply making it to 28 - but then there is no point at all in having those hearts at all as it would be automatic. Maybe my suggestion was slightly over the top - but I fear thats much more realistic than the suggestions to make it a complete non-grind. Maybe 2 times rather than 3 times could be feasible I suppose but less than that I sincerely doubt. The fast movers will just have to cough up and use the store.
    I never said my math was spot on

I was just making the comparison of not losing our Epic Destinies but still having to essentially farm as many quests to Max them out in 1 life just to Epic Reincarnate.

I for one am against any mechanic that forces us to stay at cap for longer than it takes to reach cap just to Epic Reincarnate.

It should not be a freebie that you can just Epic Reincarnate as soon as you cap but, it should not take as long or longer than reaching cap itself once capped.

Lets say for sake of argument that it takes a given player 3 weeks to reach lvl 28 from lvl 20 with their given amount of playtime. It should not take another 3 weeks to earn Epic Reincarnation Heart.

That's just my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambuk View Post
    Just a though on Heroic past lives.

What if each past life made you count as having 1 level in that class for enhancement purposes?

So the passive past life fighter unlocks all the fighter trees as if you had one level of fighter

The Active past life feat adds 2 levels

Additional past lives add one more level up to 3.

So 3x past life fighter and the feat lets you count as a level 5 fighter for enhancement purposes.

Completionist could add 2 levels to all classes meaning you would count as at least level 3 in all classes.

Past life feats + actual levels in the class grant bonus action points?

This wouldn't have to be instead of the existing bonuses.

Kambuk
    ^^this

When we think about it, making completionist stacking is not terribly overpowered.

Ability scores are approaching 60s right now and higher for some.
    +2 or +4 more is not going to be so big, especially with +6 tomes coming,
    and +11ish item bonuses (+12 maybe)

As far as comparing it to Epic Ability feat, triple completionist costs 160 million xp to gain.

Hmmm... apparently the hamsters are going slow running on the paradigm wheel to provide the further details.

Or maybe they're reading this to get the final details.

Past Epic Life Feat Thoughts:

Divine: Unyielding Sentinel: Seppuku: Active Ability: Knockdown and energy drain all enemies within a large radius (no save), return honor to your nearby party members in the form of a +8 radiant bonus to all attributes for (10,20,30 seconds) but receive (1500,1250,1000) untyped damage for said honor. (1 use/rest).

Primal: Fury: Furious: Active Ability: Gain +(2,3,4) size classes for Str/Con purposes for 1 min (3,4,5x/rest) and Passive (+1,1,2) Adrenaline uses.

Arcane: Draconic: Burstier: Your Energy Burst radius is increased (20%, 40%, 60%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    When we think about it, making completionist stacking is not terribly overpowered.

Ability scores are approaching 60s right now and higher for some.
    +2 or +4 more is not going to be so big, especially with +6 tomes coming,
    and +11ish item bonuses (+12 maybe)

As far as comparing it to Epic Ability feat, triple completionist costs 160 million xp to gain.
    right

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast