Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    it could be treated like a meta and show up in each hotbarred spell's meta custom select list.
    I like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I like this idea and it would fit right in with the naming of the ER the Karma system

What I'd like to see if the Karma Tokens or fragments drop in all epic content that does not already drop Tokens of the twelve. (we need to keep those dropping for heroic TR)
    Oh, we definitely have to keep the 12 tokens!

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am looking forward to providing everyone with the design details of proposed changes to the Reincarnation system in the coming weeks. Before we start rolling out the fact sheets and dev discussions, I intend to get in front of some of the greater concerns that players (and developers) have raised regarding our prior proposal for Epic Reincarnation.

To get to the point: We have really changed direction from what was previously proposed; and I for one am very pleased that the systems team has taken that direction from 'power from pain' to something more palatable, like 'rewarded for efforts.'
    • Epic reincarnation will require level cap and "points" (TBD) in a "Destiny Sphere" (TBD). This will allow a character to reincarnate from Epic cap to level 20, with equivalent heroic XP.
    • Doing so will not alter your earned Epic Destinies or Epic Destiny XP, and you can alternatively take a second step and reincarnate your Heroic levels to 1 and benefit from both a Heroic and Epic Past Life [PL] feat.
    • As you level Epic Destinies you will gain points toward Epic Reincarnation in the active Destiny Sphere (e.g. Arcane, Divine, Martial, Primal). Furthermore, there is plan to grant retroactive progress for those of you working on your Epic Destinies today.

Again, this is a departure from the previously shared proposal. The goals we set out to accomplish are still being met with these more generous alterations to the Epic Reincarnation design and I hope to share lots of detail changes in the next week (Soon TM).

~E
    Well thats how its gotta be folks, really nice idea... looks like you heard...My suggestion?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...63#post5021363

Either way.Way better than before.
    Give every person a gun and the richest man is the one that sells crutches

Quote Originally Posted by Mryal View Post
    Well thats how its gotta be folks, really nice idea... looks like you heard...My suggestion?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...63#post5021363

Either way.Way better than before.
    Read the link, and thanks for influencing this.
    Yes, back to 20 was a great idea.

Frankly, I like the approach used in this thread.
    Instead of dropping the whole plan on the table, they give us the essence of on Friday then sit back and see what we think.
    They answered a few questions, such as what about iconics, but it is evident to me that they are listening to us.

Looking for a thumbs up OR thumbs down before dropping the rest on the table.
    Nicely done.
    I see thumbs up so far.
    If it was thumbs down, they had to opportunity to blueprint again then represent it.

Also, cool showing the Devs do have a grasp of the English language, lol, new term for me.

Sometime this week, I bet we see more, hmm...by Fridayish?

Community Member

Lightbulb

Although it sounds sweet I think returning to level 20 on epic tr will make this too easy, Level 15 - the same as iconics would be a better fit with your FR push.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    Although it sounds sweet I think returning to level 20 on epic tr will make this too easy, Level 15 - the same as iconics would be a better fit with your FR push.
    I see no reason for Epic Reincarnation to take you down into Heroic levels and am glad that they have decided to take us back to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Those benefits should stack and they should make endgame comment much easier. The problem is that the quest developers now think that everyone is a triple completionist with all capped destinies and max twists and they are designing normal and hard level quests for that level of ability and then making EE insane because they think that only those types of toons want to run EE.

You should get a benefit for doing the work and if that benefit makes it so that you can burn through quests when others are dying then either don't run with them or help them get the same benefits that you currently enjoy.
    There should be benefits for actual achievements, but not benefits for 'work'.

Of course what is an achievement and what is work varies from player to player, but doing your 700th completion of at-level EH VON3 should not be providing major rewards.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    No. There shouldn't be a reward just because someone wasted too much of their life playing this game.
    Lol Yaga.

But seriously, making it worthwhile for players to grind out past lives is the name of the game for a good portion of people. TRing was a huge boon to the repeat-ability and success of the game imho.

When someone like Sirgog(and I respect most all of his opinions) says that there shouldn't be a gap between a 1st lifer and someone that ground out 100s and 100s of hours of lives, EDs, etc. I call BS:

What made me grind out a completionist? Seeing others do it and seeing some decent but also moderate benefits. It was a goal, and it's not for everyone but it's another way of advancement. More advancement means more game play for a lot of people.

I do agree with Yaga that content needs to be made to keep us long time players interested, but with regards to Epic TR: The benefit should be commensurate with effort put into it. Balance is always tricky in an MMO, but let's not forget that having more power is incentive for a lot(not all) people to continue playing the game. Achieving goals is a great motivator.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

My 2c is that I agree with Sirgog that the massive power gap between multi-TRs / Completionists, etc is bad for the game.

+9 Ranged damage per hit is like your own personal level 20 warchanter playing in your ear. I love my miniature Jeff Mangum, but the time required to attain one of your own must be a discouraging prospect for mix-maxer newbies with the mild undiagnosed OCD that made those of us who did grind out completionist do so.

Anyway, I don't really care about that debate and am solely here to announce my new ideas for past-lives since others have made me realise my earlier suggestions were boring.

Primal sphere:

"The Cleared Path"
    The spirits of the fey surround you and clear obstacles from your path. Secret doors you are aware of and unlocked doors within 10 feet of you automatically open.

Martial sphere:

"Stay Puft the Destroyer"
    You are angry. So angry. Barrels, crates, and other breakables within 10 feet explode spontaneously from your thunderous footsteps.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 09-17-2013 at 12:59 AM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Aye, I think you are right, unless maybe its a terribly low number, like 3?

One million plat would be another thought?

So far the best idea seen is ER Heart trade in for 20 tokens, since we can farm challenges/old content for that.
    Maybe not the best option, but the best option so far?

What if all epics dropped Karma tokens?
    EC = 10% chance?
    EN = 25% chance?
    EH = 50% chance?
    EE = 100% chance?

Add +15% for raids?

Turn in X Karma tokens for a ER Heat?
    X = some number close to 20ish?
    Thats far, far, far too easy to be realistic. You would have far more than 20 tokens simply from leveling from 20 to 28 making your suggestion completely pointless. Whatever its going to take it realistically has to be somewhat difficult/boring to obtain for free as it obviously is going to be a cash cow from selling tokens in the store. Not that I like it but thats how I am certain it will be.

2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dlsidhe View Post
    As an alternate idea for ED Sphere past lives, why not have them grant abilities that come from splashes of the related classes? Like so:

Divine Options:

Divine Grace: Add charisma bonus to saves.

Divine Wand Use: Grants use of all divine wands.

Lay On Hands (using character level)

Turn Undead (character level minus 4)

Wisdom for Spell DCs

Martial:

Evasion

Martial Weapon Proficiency

Heavy Armor

Martial Arts Training: Grants attack animations of a monk and 2(1d6) base damage

3d6 sneak attack die

Tower Shield Proficiency

One Free Fighter or Monk Feat

Wisdom Bonus to AC when centered

Disarm Traps as a Class Skill

Primal:

Fast Movement

Bow Strength

TWF (feat only)

THF (first feat only)

Power Attack

DR 5/- (stacks with and enables DR from FOTW)

Arcane:

Int to DCs

Charisma to DCs

Arcane Wand Use

Crossbow Proficiency

Rune Arm Use

UMD as a class skill

One free metamagic feat.
    Some of those are very overpowered imho. By your suggestion everyone would have +cha to saves and evasion for free? ... Nah, that doesnt sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Thats far, far, far too easy to be realistic. You would have far more than 20 tokens simply from leveling from 20 to 28 making your suggestion completely pointless. Whatever its going to take it realistically has to be somewhat difficult/boring to obtain for free as it obviously is going to be a cash cow from selling tokens in the store. Not that I like it but thats how I am certain it will be.
    Aye, 20 is probably too low.

Is 100 too high?

I'm liking the new proposed system much better than the old one.

BTW, I saw some great suggestions for Epic TR feats. However, there is one that just shouldn't happen, which is increasing hate generation (that person had some great ideas, just pointing out a problem).

I mean, sure, increasing hate generation would be useful for the fighter types, but I'm taking my main through many classes and EDs. If I choose an Epic TR feat, I don't want it to negatively affect my next druid life or something like that (I like my pup generating the hate and me avoiding it).

So yeah, don't give us anything permanent that could negatively impact another reincarnation later please .

Is 100 too high?
    probably

I think it should be something that is obtainable either while leveling to 28 or within a few hours after capping like True Hearts of Wood.

I don't want to see a mechanic where you have to reach lvl 28 then spend days or weeks farming to Epic Reincarnate.

I'd like to keep it fluid. Its easy enough now to Cap a Herioc life and farm your tokens in a few hours if you do challenges or short quests.

The worst thing I could see is being forced to stay at 28 for some extended time just because, you need to farm whatever it is that's needed to Epic Reincarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    I'm liking the new proposed system much better than the old one.

BTW, I saw some great suggestions for Epic TR feats. However, there is one that just shouldn't happen, which is increasing hate generation (that person had some great ideas, just pointing out a problem).

I mean, sure, increasing hate generation would be useful for the fighter types, but I'm taking my main through many classes and EDs. If I choose an Epic TR feat, I don't want it to negatively affect my next druid life or something like that (I like my pup generating the hate and me avoiding it).

So yeah, don't give us anything permanent that could negatively impact another reincarnation later please .
    I agree no passive stacking hate boosts some builds use it and others don't.

maybe a toggled ability to add or reduce hate be nice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Martial sphere:

"Stay Puft the Destroyer"
    You are angry. So angry. Barrels, crates, and other breakables within 10 feet explode spontaneously from your thunderous footsteps.
    +1 to you for making me laugh... hard.
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    +1 to you for making me laugh... hard.
    Nods happily, laughing heartily as well...

I haven't seen it being asked yet: Are there still plans to adjust the TR XP curves (i.e.: from cubic progression to something more flat)?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I haven't seen it being asked yet: Are there still plans to adjust the TR XP curves (i.e.: from cubic progression to something more flat)?
    Last Dev comment I saw (months back) was it would be update 20, I think?
    Hopefully this is still so.

2016 DDO Players Council

Is 100 too high?
    If anything 100 is likely still too low. To be realistic it pretty much has to be a pain - otherwise noone will bye it from the store and that almost surely has to be an option that many players will opt for. I simply dont see how it can be different though I could wish it was obviously.

Maybe count the number of quests needed to go from 20 to 28 and then tripple that number if you run on EE (and higher if you run on EH) - thus making it a choice if you want to farm or pay.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast