Default New to TR mechanics

Howdy Yall,

I am kinda new to the game and am looking at TR and the mechanics involved. I just want to check myself on how I set this up. To have past life feats I have to be TRing the same toon. So here is my example: the consensus on druids seems to be that a min of 3 Sorc and 1 Wiz is the minimium PL's needed...so if I was planning on just those 4 I would need to do my chracter this way

Create a Sorc-Level to 20
    Tr to Sorc again-Level to 20
    Tr to Sorc again-Level to 20
    Tr to Wiz-Level to 20
    Tr final time to druid...move forward as such

Is that how it works?

thanks in advance

Community Member

Yes what you said is correct on how things work. That said Depending on your end goal the TR's are just Icing not a must have. Im wrapping up a 15 Druid/2Ftr/3Monk Iconic right now (No TRs obviously). I Built the character with Epic elite CC in mind and it has been highly effective (59 DC on earthquakes + Reflex debuffing). I've also been very pleasantly surprise at how effective Howl of Terror is against mobs without SR. Now as a DPS caster those Past lifes would be very enticing. As a Str wolf druid fairly useless.

Community Member

I would add that you could do your past lives in any order. If you're "kinda new" then you might benefit from doing your wizard life first: it's far easier to switch your spells around for the situation so you can learn what works and what doesn't for your sorc lives, when spell/feat selection is more restrictive. The free spell pen/active wizard past life will also be beneficial for your DC casting. However, as a first-life wizard, you might frequently end up low on SP until you learn the quests and mana conservation techniques.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    I would add that you could do your past lives in any order. If you're "kinda new" then you might benefit from doing your wizard life first: it's far easier to switch your spells around for the situation so you can learn what works and what doesn't for your sorc lives, when spell/feat selection is more restrictive. The free spell pen/active wizard past life will also be beneficial for your DC casting. However, as a first-life wizard, you might frequently end up low on SP until you learn the quests and mana conservation techniques.
    yeah, wiz first. hard to play any other caster once youve played a sorc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    yeah, wiz first. hard to play any other caster once youve played a sorc.
    Motion seconded!

Wiz first
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”