Community Member

Default So..Quest Ransacking

Am I correct in that you cannot deplete a quest to 0 exp permanently and that you can eventually run it again at or near full XP if you wait several days? One of the main reasons I quit last year or so was because my TR was so tedious and I didn't have a constant group to keep trudging through harder content. But if I can play the quests I am good at, and still get XP, I am happy to be able to come back.

Is this the case now?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Esmarelda View Post
    Am I correct in that you cannot deplete a quest to 0 exp permanently and that you can eventually run it again at or near full XP if you wait several days? One of the main reasons I quit last year or so was because my TR was so tedious and I didn't have a constant group to keep trudging through harder content. But if I can play the quests I am good at, and still get XP, I am happy to be able to come back.

Is this the case now?
    This is correct. The repeat penalty is larger now, -20% per run after the first but it caps at -80%. This penalty then decreases by 50% every day. So you could run the same quest for full xp once every day. You can even run it three times, with a penalty on the 2nd and 3rd run every day.

Yes, if you run a quest today until it is 100% ransacked for EXP tomorrow it will be 50% and the day after that quest is back down to 0% exp ransack. You recover 50% exp ransack per day not played.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Yes, if you run a quest today until it is 100% ransacked for EXP tomorrow it will be 50% and the day after that quest is back down to 0% exp ransack. You recover 50% exp ransack per day not played.
    It's not possible to achieve 100% ransack anymore. 80% is the highest. Just wanted to point that out so we don't confuse the OP any further.

While you get less xp for a farm of shadow crypt/litany etc, this change does mean a lot more exp from things like epic von 6 as you get the full whack every time you run. Also if you are the sort of player who is not playing every day you can log on, do a few quests, and next time you play you can run them all again for full xp.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    It's not possible to achieve 100% ransack anymore. 80% is the highest. Just wanted to point that out so we don't confuse the OP any further.
    Yes thank you poor choice of words explainin it on my part there.

Community Member

Thanks for the info, everyone. I look forward to a long update process tonight when I fire up the client for the first time in a year...maybe I'll FINALLY get into the FR since I pre-ordered it.

The Hatchery

It's also different from how it was previously. A completely ransacked quest would only give 10% of the base, period, but when you "ransack" it now (-80%), you still get the bonuses like Ransack and such.

This means that quests like Shadow Crypt and Litany can be run indefinitely and still be very high XP. Yup, you can run a quest a hundred times and get two or three levels from it in a day. Just a hundred times!

They also added a /ransack command. This displays your quest ransack penalties.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    They also added a /ransack command. This displays your quest ransack penalties.

Now that is interesting news. Thanks!

Have they also changed Ransack on chests?