Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Things that would entice me to pay Turbine $

1)U9 and U12 Rollback servers
    2)UI improvements ala WarHammer online (resizable hotbars/maps, buffet style element hiding, robust skins)
    3)Audio customization for chatwindows and spells/attacks/healing/skill failure/success
    4)Fixing ancient problems like: the barbarian that is too angry to drink a potion, staggering blow not working at all on Brutish Cuirass, nearly every facet of THROWN weapons,
    5)EVIL alignment PLAYER CHARACTER choices

In parting: Personally, I want to have fun. This would be easy to envision if I were offered more NEW places to adventure in that are cleverly dungeon mastered ala the Madness packs or even Chronoscope and Tempest Spine.

I dont want more powerful gear, or different game systems, and I absolutely don't want LESS character build flexibility. I don't want "new and improved" that has been given the Dilbert treatment.

~adding zeroes to the scoring doesn't make the pinball machine more fun~

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCodger View Post
    Never going to happen unfortunately as the game was a much better game prior to u14
    2)UI improvements ala WarHammer online (resizable hotbars/maps, buffet style element hiding, robust skins)
    Never played warhammer but if you're talking about what I think you are signed, even if it won't actually fix whats wrong with the game?
    3)Audio customization for chatwindows and spells/attacks/healing/skill failure/success
    huh?
    4)Fixing ancient problems like: the barbarian that is too angry to drink a potion, staggering blow not working at all on Brutish Cuirass, nearly every facet of THROWN weapons,
    thower's work, they do horrid dps but I don't see any bug with that. Ever thrown a knife? I have, even the best thrower won't do the damage of the guy with a bow or an axe.
    meh it sounds cool till you realized that alignment in ddo does nothing and you'd be still offered quests that are focused around good deeds, I'd leave it out.

In parting: Personally, I want to have fun. This would be easy to envision if I were offered more NEW places to adventure in that are cleverly dungeon mastered ala the Madness packs or even Chronoscope and Tempest Spine.
    Those packs are fun but not quite sure what you are getting at here

I dont want more powerful gear, or different game systems, and I absolutely don't want LESS character build flexibility. I don't want "new and improved" that has been given the Dilbert treatment.

Better gear is needed but it doesn't need to be much better when they do a level cap increase. Turbine did a huge increase not a little one, no one argues against smaller increases. Also what's actually needed is to add more raids ASAP, I've seen several guildies leave now since shadowfail, because there was nothing to do at cap.

I have noticed that the only place my character's Brutish Cuirass ever knocked anything down was in VoN5 with the undead dwarves. It seems to work fairly regularly in there, but not with any other mobs anywhere else in the game.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Never played warhammer but if you're talking about what I think you are signed, even if it won't actually fix whats wrong with the game?
    No Customization, thats what is wrong at least for a lot of players who got used to it through playing W.o.W. and War and other games which had an opened API.
    In War you had a API which allowed player made mods, which let you adjust the GUI all the way, was great!
    (also it opened up a lot of other stuff like autocrafting, selfmade AH window, etc)

huh?
    for example to play a gong when you pass the skillcheck and play a trumpet when you fail it, so you wont have to stare at the chatwindow.
    also would have prevented that massive dingdingDINGDINGDING annoyance with tells just because they failed at adjusting the sound volume..

thower's work, they do horrid dps but I don't see any bug with that. Ever thrown a knife? I have, even the best thrower won't do the damage of the guy with a bow or an axe.
    a shuriken or knife stuck in head is as deadly as a Doubleheaded Greataxe stuck in your head...
    also you can throw a couple before the guy with the Greataxe even starts to move, which he will stop anyway once he took an knife to the leg or in the guts.
    and its relative silent while even a bow is not silent

But with the enhancement pass i think thrower got a nice buff, sure didnt make it OP but its at least playable.

meh it sounds cool till you realized that alignment in ddo does nothing and you'd be still offered quests that are focused around good deeds, I'd leave it out.
    Dark Paladin, thats why we need Evil :P
    also i think we get it anyway soon because its named now in the Weapon text and Turbine will make a big buck with selling Evil Alignment
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I would pay for

1) Kobolds
    2) Tinker Gnomes
    3) Genasi
    4) Lesser Aasimar/Tiefling
    5) "Blank" Cosmetic that I can stick any Hat/Armor/Goggles in to make it cosmetic
    6) Warlock (with proper warlock spells no just a rehash of wiz/sorc)
    7) A Better crafting system
    8) Psionics
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post

a shuriken or knife stuck in head is as deadly as a Doubleheaded Greataxe stuck in your head...
    also you can throw a couple before the guy with the Greataxe even starts to move, which he will stop anyway once he took an knife to the leg or in the guts.
    and its relative silent while even a bow is not silent

But with the enhancement pass i think thrower got a nice buff, sure didnt make it OP but its at least playable.
    Here's the thing though with most thrown weapons in real life, they don't have the power to pierce bone that means that unless the knife or shuriken hits an eye or cuts an artery it's a very survivable if distracting wound. Heavy leather armor also stands a good chance of turning a thrown blade. An arrow or bolt has much more penetrating power as does the greataxe, that is what made them devastating. A thrown blade is a weapon and an effective one in limited circumstances but it does not have the same capability for mayhem and destruction as these other weapons which is why I'm frankly happy that they're not as powerful as other weapons in the game it makes it more realistic, I'd personally have them do no damage to a mob not in a robe or outfit for realism.

I'd pay them for more D&D in my DDO...

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    ^this

Things that would entice me to pay Turbine $?

If they sold something I wanted at a reasonable price.

I suppose that's a very simple answer, but the truth is that many of the things in the store simply don't appeal to me, at any price point. I like permanent add on purchases like expansions, adventure packs or character slots. Things that you can buy once and use for the life of the game. Consumables are just not something I like to buy, so I don't. I'd like to see more permanent type options in the store in the future.

Give me an option to buy a vendor unlock in the DDO store so I can spend plat on store consumables at an ingame vendor and I'll be all over that. For more pricing options allow purchase of character only or full account access. Let me buy upgrades for this vendor. Perhaps he sells Enhanced Cure Critical Wounds potions at first, then when I upgrade him, he sells Enhanced Heal Scrolls or Ship Teleport Beacons. I guess my point is, I don't mind making a one time TP purchase for something like this, but I don't like the feeling that I'm paying every time I take an action like chugging a pot or using a scroll. That turns me off.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Here's the thing though with most thrown weapons in real life, they don't have the power to pierce bone that means that unless the knife or shuriken hits an eye or cuts an artery it's a very survivable if distracting wound. Heavy leather armor also stands a good chance of turning a thrown blade. An arrow or bolt has much more penetrating power as does the greataxe, that is what made them devastating. A thrown blade is a weapon and an effective one in limited circumstances but it does not have the same capability for mayhem and destruction as these other weapons which is why I'm frankly happy that they're not as powerful as other weapons in the game it makes it more realistic, I'd personally have them do no damage to a mob not in a robe or outfit for realism.
    Trying to force realism into a world where we can conjure giant balls of fire and lightning storms at will, said throw weapons magically return to our hand whilst also being imbued with elemental damage and a modicum of other things. Not to mention the fact that the speed we fight at is highly enhanced through things like haste boost and haste, double shot, etc.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Best post award

Bingo!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCodger View Post

1. never gonna happen
    2-4 meh don't care
    5. never gonna happen not needed or really wanted and *** heck is a dark paladin? do you mean Blackgauds? they wouldn't do as well here as they would in a pnp game since we mainly fight evil here.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    5. never gonna happen not needed or really wanted and *** heck is a dark paladin? do you mean Blackgauds? they wouldn't do as well here as they would in a pnp game since we mainly fight evil here.
    It's an interesting game option but it would require a completely different setup than what ddo has to work well. I think the only way to do it well would almost be in a faction style game where one side had evil-neutral alignments and the other neutral to good. The quests would be different, dialog options, and if done well it could even have functional pvp. That said ddo is 100% not set up well for this and it would take a rewrite of the entire game to do it well. And if you can't do it well this just shouldn't be done.

It's an interesting game option but it would require a completely different setup than what ddo has to work well. I think the only way to do it well would almost be in a faction style game where one side had evil-neutral alignments and the other neutral to good. The quests would be different, dialog options, and if done well it could even have functional pvp. That said ddo is 100% not set up well for this and it would take a rewrite of the entire game to do it well. And if you can't do it well this just shouldn't be done.
    Well they have said several times they wont add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Well they have said several times they wont add it.
    and I agree with them that it shouldn't be added, ddo doesn't have the framework. If turbine or another company makes a dnd based mmo again, (I don't count nwo) it'd be an option but it would have to be designed in from the begining or it would be horribly done.

don't forget the most important thing!! the possibility to change alignment depending ur actions!! XDDD

i would pay for a hire that i could choose/feats/ap/ etc while levelling, also giving him/her my gear w/o troubles like if it was a pet
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

DDO (and any MMO imo) is better for not having PVP it lessens the amount of vitriol between players and make class balance have less of a need to be exact

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    DDO (and any MMO imo) is better for not having PVP it lessens the amount of vitriol between players and make class balance have less of a need to be exact
    DDO is better for it, don't know if I'd say all are, pvp can be fun in games set up to really support it well.

I would pay for storage bags that were BtA. Not spending $$$ on BtC bags.

and +1 to what Memnir said.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast