Community Member

Unhappy 1st Person Spells

Hi.
    I like playing the game in first person mode because it makes me feel more in character. If i were a fighter i would mind not being able to see my weapons but as a wizard it wasn't a problem.

Or so I thought.

Some spells like magic missile have perfect animations, i can see the missile going from me to the target, which is fine, but i noticed some spells like burning hands and electric loop have no effect in first person. They will still be cast and do damage, but casting them will result in no lighting or effects at all. I will cast fire hands and shoot flames in front of me, but i will not see the fire. I will cast a lighting bolt at a target but no effects would be present. Without these effects it is just... lame. Spells would be boring that way. I really want to use first person.

I don't know if this has been fixed, i tried searching for it on the forums, i didn't find it anywhere.

Is there a way to make all spells effects visible from first person?

Please help, and thanks.

Community Member

I've not come across this particular hiccup before, but curiosity aroused I've just tried rolling a Wizard, and sure enough in first person the burning hands and electric loop disappeared.

I then tried running the graphics settings on DX 9, 10 and 11, and toggling all the various settings on and off in the hope that one combination or another might sort the problem out...

...to no avail.

I would guess that the first person effects for these spells are simply completely missing from the game and therefore there is nothing to be done to fix it, except file a bug report and hope

Community Member

Thanks for trying to find a fix, but i am afraid you are correct. My memory may not be very good but i kind of remember playing in first person a long time ago and i never had this annoying problem. IF the textures are truly missing for first person then i guess it will take them some time to fix it.
    Thanks.

Community Member

Okay, now i have the problem that i don't know how to submit a bug report. When i click on the more information about bug reporting link in the known issues it just leads me to a 404 Error. How can i submit this annoying bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellior View Post
    Okay, now i have the problem that i don't know how to submit a bug report.
    You should be able to use the link in my signature:

http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/suppo...c&deptID=24037

Community Member

Lightbulb

While on the subject, I notice that as a game pad player when I zoom into first person the vertical axis inverts, but reverts back to my usual setting. Has been like this for as long as I've played the game.

Community Member

Thanks, i submitted the bug report.

And yes, the first person mode seems to be very badly made. There is that game pad issue, the fact that you can't see your hands or weapons in 1st person and you can't see some spells effects. Still, i think the 1st person is pretty good, most games dont even have it, i just wish it was at least not so bugged.