Thread: 2 monk issuse

Default 2 monk issuse

1. still no recipe for converting Red slot in alcemicul handwraps to one that can take new red augments.

2. Quivring palm and Stuning fist still do not add charges for evrything is nothing.

plz fix these asap!!!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

My 3 big issues with monk are as follows

1 - Rise of the Phoenix went from pretty useful to pointless...when things go south monks are often the ones that survive it all so changing it from a rez to a self-rez not only makes it pointless it also make it so you have to save 100 ki for it to work instead of Pre-U19 you could just use meditate or if you have the GMoF ED you could use Inner Focus, than walk around rezzing people not to mention it cost half as much ki. The cooldown is also 15 minuites instead of 15 seconds.

Pre-U19: Decent ability that made shintao/light monk quite attractive
    Post-U19: Pointless ability that will rarely be used due to cooldown and requiring a large amount of ki to be banked

2 - The curatives...at first I though this was really cool taking the whole line cause your healing ki burst finisher to cure blindness, curses, disease and adds a lessor restoration effect..than I found out you can only have one active at a time..making this once again fairly useless beyond taking the first tier (probably curses) this isn't U19s fault they just failed to fix them to not suck.

3 - There's NO way for an unarmed monk to get a non-standard stat to damage...Dex or Wisdom obviously being the targets with Weapon Finesse allowing for dex to-hit (wisdom makes more sense imo) this would have worked perfectly in the shintao line...I'd say replace that useless "Protection from Tainted creatures" with "Ki Strike" Wisdom to damage when fighting with any monk weapons including handwraps/unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    My 3 big issues with monk are as follows

1 - Rise of the Phoenix went from pretty useful to pointless...when things go south monks are often the ones that survive it all so changing it from a rez to a self-rez not only makes it pointless it also make it so you have to save 100 ki for it to work instead of Pre-U19 you could just use meditate or if you have the GMoF ED you could use Inner Focus, than walk around rezzing people not to mention it cost half as much ki. The cooldown is also 15 minuites instead of 15 seconds.

Pre-U19: Decent ability that made shintao/light monk quite attractive
    Post-U19: Pointless ability that will rarely be used due to cooldown and requiring a large amount of ki to be banked

2 - The curatives...at first I though this was really cool taking the whole line cause your healing ki burst finisher to cure blindness, curses, disease and adds a lessor restoration effect..than I found out you can only have one active at a time..making this once again fairly useless beyond taking the first tier (probably curses) this isn't U19s fault they just failed to fix them to not suck.

3 - There's NO way for an unarmed monk to get a non-standard stat to damage...Dex or Wisdom obviously being the targets with Weapon Finesse allowing for dex to-hit (wisdom makes more sense imo) this would have worked perfectly in the shintao line...I'd say replace that useless "Protection from Tainted creatures" with "Ki Strike" Wisdom to damage when fighting with any monk weapons including handwraps/unarmed.

cant agree with the 3rd, monks are usually wisdom based (for stunning in EE) so having their damaging stat go towards that would be abit overkill with the faster attack speed, and full damage offhand/doublestrike.

the rise of the pheonix I agree is utterly pointless now. its not merely a 15min cd. its a 1/rest ability that has a 15min cooldown. either one makes it pointless, but if it was merely a 15mn cd it would be alot more useful then it is now. Obviously the previous version was ALOT more useful and would love to see it changed back to that, but I doubt it will be.

the curatives is probably right, although the curses one helps alot, especially in CITW, saves alot of people pots when fighting lolth, but would've been nice if they could all stack.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    cant agree with the 3rd, monks are usually wisdom based (for stunning in EE) so having their damaging stat go towards that would be abit overkill with the faster attack speed, and full damage offhand/doublestrike.
    Pre-U19 I would have agreed with your but Post-U19 pretty much every class has a way to move at least their damage to their main stat if not more so I fail to see why Monks were left out. I'd be fine if it was Dex instead though. Str just doesn't make any sense for a monk imo...were not thugs we use our speed, precision and wits to fight often using an opponents strength against him. There's a reason why you see 80 year old Shaolin masters easily taking out 25 year old MMA fighters, boxers,etc. When plugged into a fantasy setting those abilities should be pushed up to the extreme.

Henshin Mystic is actually a good candidate for Wis to damage since they literally turn their ki into deadly fire/force.

I'd be ok with Henshins getting wisdom to damage and Shintaos getting Dex to damage

Checkout my X Ability to Y Stat Conversion Guide to get an idea of how much you can mess around with stats Post U19
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-13-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    2. Quivring palm and Stuning fist still do not add charges for evrything is nothing.
    This is actually working right now.

In live play and in Lamannia, if you are moving and using the Quivering Palm or Stunning Fist attack, you will be building up charges for Everything is Nothing.

The real question is why is it working whilst you are moving and not stationary? That is what I have questions over. That's certainly not something I'd be expecting. I'd have expected it to be fully broken, not broken when standing still.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    This is actually working right now.

In live play and in Lamannia, if you are moving and using the Quivering Palm or Stunning Fist attack, you will be building up charges for Everything is Nothing.

The real question is why is it working whilst you are moving and not stationary? That is what I have questions over. That's certainly not something I'd be expecting. I'd have expected it to be fully broken, not broken when standing still.

J1NG

For more info on this, if you are sneaking you can be stationary and it works as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    1. still no recipe for converting Red slot in alcemicul handwraps to one that can take new red augments.

plz fix these asap!!!
    That's funny, I placed a red augment of superior frost in my tier 3 handwraps when they 1st came out without having to do anything else.