Community Member

Wink make Thelanis default recommended world!

need... more ... players... send us noobs! then we could all invade the plethoria of "zerg,know me,keep up BYOH,selective,trs only,dont suck" lfms! down with the elitist! bring on a renaissance of "back to fun" on thelanis!

Thelanis being one of the most populated servers already...
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Its declining fast, at least in my gmt timezone.
    For 2 days in a row at 6-7 pm only 5 lfms.

By the looks of it, Ghallanda, Orien and Khyber have higher population lately:

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

turbine,if you dont find a way to change the unwelcoming nature of most of the community,all the new content in the world wont keep new players. not to mention the fact that most of the stuuf your advertising to try and catch new players, is not free... u gotta throw em a bone to get em hooked, ooooo forgotton realms now!? hell yea! wait,what?! i have to pay for forgotton realms right off the bat? and everyones an *******? im out lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    By the looks of it, Ghallanda, Orien and Khyber have higher population lately:

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html
    wow,looks like ghallandas way up there,i might have to move a toon or 2 over there. if thelanis is one of the most populated servers,ddo is in trouble

Thelanis doesn't have much going on now. Highly recommend making anything else recommended, or better yet, server merges. Just do it, we know it's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    wow,looks like ghallandas way up there,i might have to move a toon or 2 over there. if thelanis is one of the most populated servers,ddo is in trouble
    Ghallanda is only that way because it defaults to the top of the list, and people not used to the launcher changes keep logging in there by mistake.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Ghallanda is only that way because it defaults to the top of the list, and people not used to the launcher changes keep logging in there by mistake.
    It's much more likely that Ghallanda gets a large portion of new players because of this. The new launcher has been out for months. I'm not sure what it'd say about DDO's playerbase if they STILL haven't learned that Ghallanda defaults to the top and STILL click on it.

Community Member

Yup, I noticed this myself when switching between the Lamm Client and the proper one. After the agreement thing it defaults to Ghallanda. Got caught once myself.

I thought Khyber had the rep as most elitist server...

I admit Thelanis has a few real charmers who run raids.

Ghall's the defualt server, but the wierd thing is some other server used be the default and we didn't see that wierd hugely elevated activity. It spikes every time Lam opens and new players are definitely hitting it more than any other server, but I wouldn't be surprised if something is being misreported or multiplied there. I would love to know what it's LFM's look like at midnight. Guess I'll roll a toon and look.

Another possibility is DDO used to randomly select the top server to show, or it used to be sorted by ping times... This would be pretty much a random skewing.

One question foremost in my mind though, is the attrition we've been seeing a result of other servers not getting any fresh players because Ghall is getting the bulk of them? It's certainly not helping.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-13-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Yep the people that jump too Lam and check new stuff and jump back to real game accidently jump into Ghal all the time.

The log in once log in to server is set at top as default so just get used to hitting as fast as can to get in game. So it is easy to do even for players that have played forever.

Shoot almost did it this morning after checking Lam last night barely caught myself.

That added with being default at the top is probably why they are where they are.

As far as person who stated another was default for awhile. If remember we used to be auto logged into are server and not have to select it so that is why the numbers are so skewed. Or could be something totally different I have been wrong before
    Proud Officer of The Madborn