Default Ameliorating Strike not working

Ameliorating Strike (2 AP): When your Smite Foe strikes a Critical Hit, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d4 per character level, and benefit from the effects of a Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power.)

had quite a few smites crit, none of them produced a healing effect
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rathic View Post
    Ameliorating Strike (2 AP): When your Smite Foe strikes a Critical Hit, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d4 per character level, and benefit from the effects of a Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power.)

had quite a few smites crit, none of them produced a healing effect
    Could you let us know if you were on a Cleric or Favored Soul, please?
    Thanks!

Posted the below to the current Warpriest thread. Elven FVS18/Ranger2/Epic8 SilverFlame FVS using Rapiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    The ameliorating strike interested me until I realized it's tied only to smite foe activations and the 20s cooldown of smite foe.

Beyond that I didn't see it trigger on criticals solo'ing around in king's forest. Does an enhancement that affects YOU AND YOUR NEARBY ALLIES require allies to be around in order for it to affect you? Looked at both natural criticals and adrenaline forced criticals. Lots of big damage, but no hjealing that I saw (tested while injured as well)... shrug.

I'd almost prefer instead of being tied to Smite Foe it's a toggle-able boost for when you know your group needs healing and you're in there slugging it out with them. 20s of criticals you do turn into hjealing instead one possible critical every 20s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Looks like it's working for Clerics, but not Favored Soul. Thanks, I'm looking into it.

Edit: Looked into!
    It's not class-related. It was erroneously being suppressed on anyone with an enhancement bonus to the Dexterity stat.
    Thanks for helping us find this issue.
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 09-13-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Wow... the code webs you must have to even allow that to happen. Allow ability X unless bonus to Attribute Y via enhancement has been taken.

Any chance to make it more of a burstable ability? Or make it BIGGER. d4 even bumped kinda ech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Any chance to make it more of a burstable ability? Or make it BIGGER. d4 even bumped kinda ech.

Lets go with yes. To the former, not the latter.
    I think we agree with you- an ability that only triggers on critical hits from a special attack that itself has a fifteen second cooldown just isn't very good. It's not at all reliable.

I'm changing it to occur on every hit of Smite Foe, but will also be reducing the healing to 1d2 per character level (Still based on total level in all classes, and affected by Spell Power).

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    I think we agree with you- an ability that only triggers on critical hits from a special attack that itself has a fifteen second cooldown just isn't very good. It's not at all reliable.

I'm changing it to occur on every hit of Smite Foe, but will also be reducing the healing to 1d2 per character level (Still based on total level in all classes, and affected by Spell Power).
    By that reasoning, could you redo the entire Warchanter Tree?
    • Victory Song's 20 second buff that's extended on Vorpal, granted by Inspire Courage which is typically sung 20 seconds BEFORE combat starts.
    • Boast's 10/20/30 HP is gone in the blink of an eye.
    • Iced Edged is on-critical during Skaldic Rage
    • Northwind is on-vorpal during skaldic rage...

Very nice, thank you. :-)

Wait, you are doing something good???? Are you sure you are allowed to? Are you trying to repair your reputation or something? While this doesn't make up for the current state of loot, I do have to say thanks for this, it seems like it will be good.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Could you let us know if you were on a Cleric or Favored Soul, please?
    Thanks!
    Favored soul

I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting any smite weakness stacks either but will test that some more before making that claim

I posted this in my feedback thread but I will put it here too
    perhaps make healing based on hit/crit/vorp (1d2/1d4/1d8 per level)

I don't always comment in threads.... but when I do... I try to offer some constructive feedback.

This is a good change, but I really think it needs to be popped up just that little bit more.

The Radiant Servant Aura still feels like a better deal to me, allowing me to concentrate on what I'm doing in Melee rather than trying to keep up yet another clicky attack on a Melee-based character. I'd rather have my awesome passive aura healing all and sundry in an AoE a guaranteed every two ticks and swing whatever weapons I have.

So - hows about Ameliorating strikes is changed to either be an auto-proc every Xseconds, or even a stance that procs the effect every X number of strikes? At d2 per character, it can certainly be 'amped up' to satisfactory levels for in-combat continual healing, and either solution would lessen the required concentration I feel, making it more attractive and more compulsive to play.

Just my 2 pennies.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    I don't always comment in threads.... but when I do... I try to offer some constructive feedback.

This is a good change, but I really think it needs to be popped up just that little bit more.

The Radiant Servant Aura still feels like a better deal to me, allowing me to concentrate on what I'm doing in Melee rather than trying to keep up yet another clicky attack on a Melee-based character. I'd rather have my awesome passive aura healing all and sundry in an AoE a guaranteed every two ticks and swing whatever weapons I have.

So - hows about Ameliorating strikes is changed to either be an auto-proc every Xseconds, or even a stance that procs the effect every X number of strikes? At d2 per character, it can certainly be 'amped up' to satisfactory levels for in-combat continual healing, and either solution would lessen the required concentration I feel, making it more attractive and more compulsive to play.

Just my 2 pennies.
    I took off my dex boots last night and got some swings in to test the healing, at level 28 with an ok amount of devotion (180) I was getting ~200 healing on crit(hey the math works out ), now if you drop it to 1d2 it will be in the 100 healing range. even every 15 seconds 100 healing and a lesser restore is a little weak at level 28 . Since the haste and blur domain cores are swapping places, the haste domain should reduce the cooldown on smite to 6 seconds. even then ameliorating smite should still do 1d2 on hit, and 1d4 on crit.

This would also make smite weakness actually stack up, as it stands unless you get the max amount of stacks every smite, they just fall off

Community Member

Exclamation Scale Healing

Functionally that is a minor improvement, but could we see something like d2 on hit, d3 on crit, d4 on vorpal? Perhaps a multi-rank enhancement that increases either size or number of dice (or both)?

Thanks!