Default Warpriest feedback

Spent a bunch of time playing two different Favored souls last night, My warforged 2hf is now actually what I wanted him to be when I made him years ago, the drow I tried making disappointed a bit.

Pros:
    ESOS + 5 enahcement to weapon + articles of faith = 45 spellpower from weapon lol
    Divine conduit looks awesome and does respectable damage
    having a higher BAB than fighters thanks to epic levels
    haste+blur is great for leveling!
    +6 str from Diving power is great for leveling

Cons:
    Righteous weapons adds Magical to weapons without it, this murders any synergy with Celestia for drow or flameblades for elf, really wanted to try a max wis build. (blessed weapons is killing me here too but that is another story)
    Divine conduit is hard to 25 in some quests even when running directly from fight to fight
    Only one ability that uses fire+light spell power
    Smite cooldown is too long
    +6 str from Diving power is useless once you hit 20

Suggestions:
    add a cooldown reduction to smite in one of the higher cores(the haste one?) to bring it down to 6 seconds
    Remove added magic type effect from righteous/wrathful weapons
    I didn't get to test the healing from ameliorating smite, but perhaps make healing based on hit/crit/vorp (1d2/1d4/1d8 per level)
    Push divine conduit to 10 seconds per stack decay
    Instead of +2 wisdom at capstone put +2 charisma(better for Divine might)
    Needs another ability that benefits from light+fire spellpower(DCs on spells are terrible so need to make use elsewhere), maybe a damage addition to smite
    A quicken like ability that only worked on healing spells would be awesome for the role of front line healer

/hides
    Last edited by Rathic; 09-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rathic View Post
    Spent a bunch of time playing two different Favored souls last night, My warforged 2hf is now actually what I wanted him to be when I made him years ago, the drow I tried making disappointed a bit.

Pros:
    ESOS + 5 enahcement to weapon + articles of faith = 45 spellpower from weapon lol
    Divine conduit looks awesome and does respectable damage
    having a higher BAB than fighters thanks to epic levels
    haste+blur is great for leveling!
    +6 str from Diving power is great for leveling

Cons:
    Righteous weapons adds Magical to weapons without it, this murders any synergy with Celestia for drow or flameblades for elf, really wanted to try a max wis build. (blessed weapons is killing me here too but that is another story)
    Divine conduit is hard to 25 in some quests even when running directly from fight to fight
    Only one ability that uses fire+light spell power
    Smite cooldown is too long
    +6 str from Diving power is useless once you hit 20

Suggestions:
    add a cooldown reduction to smite in one of the higher cores(the haste one?) to bring it down to 6 seconds
    Remove added magic type effect from righteous/wrathful weapons
    I didn't get to test the healing from ameliorating smite, but perhaps make healing based on hit/crit/vorp (1d2/1d4/1d8 per level)
    Push divine conduit to 10 seconds per stack decay
    Instead of +2 wisdom at capstone put +2 charisma(better for Divine might)
    Needs another ability that benefits from light+fire spellpower(DCs on spells are terrible so need to make use elsewhere), maybe a damage addition to smite
    A quicken like ability that only worked on healing spells would be awesome for the role of front line healer

/hides
    My fvs drow with twin celestias is not pleased with added magic type effect. Otherwise i am carefully optimistic.

More feedback:
    I took off my dex boots last night and got some swings in to test the healing, at level 28 with an ok amount of devotion (180) I was getting ~200 healing (hey the math works out ), now if you drop it to 1d2 it will be in the 100 healing range. even every 15 seconds 100 healing and a lesser restore is a little weak at level 28 . Since the haste and blur domain cores are swapping places, the haste domain should reduce the cooldown on smite to 6 seconds. even then ameliorating smite should still do 1d2 on hit, and 1d4 on crit. since it doesn't seem to be able to crit on it's own this would tie a "crit" to your weapon

The cooldown reduction would also make smite weakness actually stack up, as it stands unless you get the max amount of stacks every smite, they just fall off

Divine vessel also does not seem to be able to crit, but part of me doesn't want it too because then I need a fire lore item.
    Even bumping 400 light spellpower (Reborn in light, not sustainable) the light portion only does ~350 and the fire portion was doing ~250, reducing the required stacks (or min time between stacks) with core enhancements is probably the way to go here so it just does more damage over time

sanctuary seems pretty lackluster, a straight prr increase instead of a boost is probably a better call... too many clickies makes me crazy
    burden of sin just seems terrible because it won't actually do anything to mobs, changing to an attack speed reduction would make a difference
    Inflame is ok but too many points to flesh out and it doesn't last long enough with the charges you get

I can't emphasize enough how much righteous weapons needs to not break celestia and flameblades damage. please if the code allows it remove the "magic" effect from the line. we have magic weapons before getting enough points to take the first rank of it so it doesn't really add anything for anyone.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Why not Protection and Warpriest Trees?

Why not keep the Protection Tree and ADD the Warpriest?

More choices - more fun-

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

Exclamation Protect Protection!

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Why not keep the Protection Tree and ADD the Warpriest?

More choices - more fun-
    ^This