Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    114

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    You've doomed us all.

    I swear, if I get an "Ogre strength of wizardry"..
    Just wait until you get the "Enchanted two-handed weapon of spell power" and you need to mouseover to see that it's a +3 greatclub of radiance or whatever. :-P

  2. #42
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Just wait until you get the "Enchanted two-handed weapon of spell power" and you need to mouseover to see that it's a +3 greatclub of radiance or whatever. :-P
    Two years later: "Decentish piece of material"
    +9 shield of Impact X

  3. #43
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well, a few points:

    First: According to this poll, it appears that the majority of the people who responded to it are moderate players, not hard core or grindersaws as you call them.

    Secondly: You really think it's "Enough", because as I see it, the dwindling LFM's for just typical quests of any difficulty and near non-existent LFM's for raids (even the newer raids which should still be seeing some action) it's most assuredly "Not Enough" but, it's more then none.

    So I'll ask again, what percent do you think makes up people not motivated by loot?
    A) i said raging

    B) enough players doesnt mean that the raidgroups are full, since the ones raiding a lot are usually the ones after loot.

    C) LFMs dwindle with the levelcap increase as well (how much is hard to say, so it doesnt factor much.

    D) how on earth am i supposed to know the percentage for that unless i ask, and get answers from a large portion of players (not forumites)
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  4. #44
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Noone? you probably mean that no endgame grindersw will run it. Some people are not motivated by potential loot on any diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    and just how much of this games population do you think is made up of that demographic?
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    enough. I assume you know that he ones raging on the forums are mostly powergamers, but that only a minority of players in game visit the forums.
    Lets take a moment to look at this exchange. The reality of things in this game today is that "People not motivated by loot" don't appear to make a large enough portion of this game to have things being run frequently enough so that the game feels alive and well, it feels dead, it feels dying, so, no.. it's pretty painfully obvious that it's NOT 'enough'

    Now you can stick your head in the sand all you like, there are far more people in the Heroic level ranges then in the epic level ranges thus the reduction in LFM's is not all because of the level cap, the reality of the situation currently is that there are more characters sitting at 20th then there are combined between the levels 21 - 25, the truth is, if it was all about the increased level cap, we would see more end game LFM's, which, is not the case either.

    Also, I mentioned all LFM's are down, not just raids, but just LFM's in general, for any quest at any level, there are just less overall LFM.

    The truth is, this game was very loot focused, loot was a major motivator for people to run content more then once, it was in many ways what made the content re-playable, after all the best exp ends after the first run, and starts to dwindle from there, even with their new hope to revitalize the end game with their ransack reduction, the first run boons make doubling Heroic Content a waste unless you simply don't own enough packs to not farm a quest, and EXP farmers are less tolerant then loot farmers, after all, when it comes to loot, you can be a bumbling idiot, as long as you can pass loot you are welcome along for the ride, but in an EXP farm, you better bring your A-game, because now you're mistakes are costing the Group Leader what they came there for, EXP, and that never goes over well.

    So live in a dream world that you think this change is good or better because there is fun now opening a chest again, the reality is, unless you are putting up LFM's to have other people help you on your quest you are doing less for the life and social aspect of this game then the Grindersaw loot farmer did who took anyone, gave them exp and some bonus loot, maybe even some advice on how not to get pasted by every mob in the quest, all in exchange for them passing him some digital bauble and, not only that, the Grindersaw was willing to keep running that quest with an open LFM and a revolving door of noobs and casuals alike till they got that item they wanted.

    Well the new loot seems to have struck a blow and it seems that those days and the LFM's with them are gone now. I do hope you enjoy this new direction where a Vet has now even less motive to put up with a new player or casual, and not to be rude, but it's painfully clear that 'the players not motivated by loot' are not filling the gaps in the LFM panel that the players who were motivated by loot used to fill.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    As a fairly casual player, I find the new equipment interesting.
    Why all the hate?
    When Motu came out and in subsequent packs Turbine made random items more interesting by expanding 'named' effects onto items. It added new line into random items and greatly expanding the amount of permutations you could get with some truly innovative features. It also made effects that you could only find on named items (or things like green steel) available on random pulls.

    With this xpack they have removed most of those and added way fewer permutations while expanding the power of the ones they added. So that many items are way more powerful then former named items at that level and more or less shot the market value of those hard to grind items through the heart. That's a terrible way to design and an awful way of making former gear worthless. Sure - the random stuff is more powerful but it collapsed the market and made almost all previous items worthless.

  6. #46
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    1) Some of the new stuff is seriously OP. I have goggles with +6 to hit and +5 damage at level 17 (masterful and cursed)... insane, better than the EE visors. It makes EE named items and raid loot obsolete... that is silly.

    2) Lots of the weapons are bland and boring. They're all called the same.

    3) Suddenly every enchantment can be on every slot/type of weapon. Wut? Stunning dagger? Really?

    4) Everything being called the same has the effect of making AH searches even more painful.

    5) Addendum to 2: Lots of affixes are missing.
    Pretty much this.

    I dislike how old loot was curbstomped. Now I understand newer and bigger shinies come out with updates and level increases. But this new loot provides bonuses at much lower levels and is pouring from the sky at a rate you can't give them away faster then you come across them.

    I dislike the removal of both more interesting damage types but also the missing convalescent (heal amp) of parrying, that while restricted to certain gear slots at least provided some survivability.

    I dislike the enchanments found anywhere. Recently seeing Vorpal Handwraps and Vorpal Bows. Really? That piece of cloth is so deadly it can chop your head off?

    The new loot system is just a hot mess.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    As a fairly casual player, I find the new equipment interesting.
    Why all the hate?
    Because for the most part its useless garbage.

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    This new loot is awesome

    One day I'm going to find a Masterful, Cursed ML 7 for each of Deadly 6/Seeker 6/Speed 6.

  9. #49
    Community Member ddo.rsmo.pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    As a fairly casual player, I find the new equipment interesting.
    Why all the hate?
    Because +6 Protection, +6 Natural AC, and other similar effects were not available to level 11 toons. They were only found on the best epic items.

    On the other hand, lately the loot tables seem to spit out the same limited number of prefixes and suffixes, while other more useful ones were removed.

    So... not exactly exciting.

    Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Because +6 Protection, +6 Natural AC, and other similar effects were not available to level 11 toons. They were only found on the best epic items.

    Carry on.
    There are ML 11 +6 Natural Armor/Protection in the old loot tables, mainly on neck slots. Rare though.

  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Because the implementation is ****, the overall change is boring and unimaginative. Whoever thought of it should be removed from a position of design. And mostly, BECAUSE IT WASN'T NEEDED. Much like, well most of the changes over the last year or so, this was a fix for something that wasnt' broken. Instead, it is just another step in moving the game away from being a D&D game, because the current design team doesnt' actually like the game they have been hired to work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    but there are other interesting mods that have been added.
    No, there aren't. There are new mods that are just stupid escalations of each other. It is the poorest, most lazy magical item design they could have come up with.

    On the plus side, I'm saving tons of plat now since there is nothing remotely interesting to buy in the pawn shops or AH.

  12. #52
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddo.rsmo.pt View Post
    Because +6 Protection, +6 Natural AC, and other similar effects were not available to level 11 toons. They were only found on the best epic items.

    On the other hand, lately the loot tables seem to spit out the same limited number of prefixes and suffixes, while other more useful ones were removed.
    ^This. The latest loot iteration manages to be overpowering AND boring at the same time.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  13. #53
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Because the implementation is ****, the overall change is boring and unimaginative. Whoever thought of it should be removed from a position of design. And mostly, BECAUSE IT WASN'T NEEDED.
    IO agree with you on some 90% of your comment.

    Where I disagree is where they scaled some of the damage-types suffixes and prefixes so that Acid in lvl 5 is far less than Acid in lvl 23. Before you had Acid Touch, Acid, Acid Blast, and whatever. Now the damage type scales with minimum level. That, in my opinion, was kind of an improvement. However, it seems that we may have lost critical bonuses on some of these damage types, which truly sucks.

    Where they soiled the bed is the fact that everything comes out Ghostbane, Retributive, Solar, and Ripsote. I have yet to find one of the Tyrant / Crusader / Rebel weapons that had some interesting uses, Fury of the Sun, Tidal, Lacerating, and so on. Those were weapons that I thought were interesting enough to collect and actually use.

    Now the pulls are almost complete ****. I do, however, have lots of 2-augment equipment blanks and weapons with red augment slots on them. The armor, however, is total ****.

  14. #54
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    When Motu came out and in subsequent packs Turbine made random items more interesting by expanding 'named' effects onto items. It added new line into random items and greatly expanding the amount of permutations you could get with some truly innovative features. It also made effects that you could only find on named items (or things like green steel) available on random pulls.

    With this xpack they have removed most of those and added way fewer permutations while expanding the power of the ones they added. So that many items are way more powerful then former named items at that level and more or less shot the market value of those hard to grind items through the heart. That's a terrible way to design and an awful way of making former gear worthless. Sure - the random stuff is more powerful but it collapsed the market and made almost all previous items worthless.
    Yes, why? Why did they do that - is the old loot coming back??? Are we just going to see the current stuff for the rest of ever?!?

    If so, great. hahaha, screw all you new players, I have a +1 repeating heavy xbow of lacerating, ml 4!

  15. #55
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Yes, why? Why did they do that - is the old loot coming back??? Are we just going to see the current stuff for the rest of ever?!?

    If so, great. hahaha, screw all you new players, I have a +1 repeating heavy xbow of lacerating, ml 4!
    I have +1 wraps of lacerating (ML:2), +1 greatsword of lacerating (ML: 2), +1 greataxe of lacerating (ML:2), a bunch of others...
    Also have a holy/lacerating longbow, if I ever pew pew.
    ...And a +1 rcbow of lacerating, ML:2. Feel the wraith, silly ML:4 rcbow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload