Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21
    Community Member A3oN95's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I actually like the new loot mods, I just hate that the old ones are gone, because it gets ridiculously repetitive. When I started playing it was also like this, but that was because there simply weren't any more mods available. Now they exist, and yet, each time new mods appear, half of the old ones disappear without any warning or apparent reason.

  2. #22
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    As a fairly casual player, I find the new equipment interesting.
    Why all the hate?
    Well, if you're in to nothing but Solar, Retributive and Ghostbane items I can see where you'd be confused.

    I myself was liking the Tyrant, Rebel, Lacerating, Poison, Sheltering, and Sun's Fury stuff until...well...they went away.

    But Ghostbane on everything SO makes up for that...

  3. #23
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Many people run Pop 50 times for that Visor, Crucible for cloak, Tor for particular helm, or other stuff to sell to get those 500 or more shards to buy it from asah.
    I did End of the road easily 40 times ( literal ransack every week ) for Nether's.
    That's why eGH was great success, it's not the only reason but it's very big plus.

    There comes a new update with random loot gear that makes all gear obsolete, basically a big **** you.
    Noone is going to run older content again.

    6 Tomes would be great motivation to run EE Shadowfell more often and 4 - 5 upgrade was one of the reason to run Citw or Fot too.
    No, break the raid completions / rewards, put tomes in store or for days of mindless Mabar farming, instead of you know, rewarding skill or time spend building characters, as a reward for doing something challenging.

    /fml
    You can't reward skill, you'll alienate 99% of the players.

  4. #24
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Noone? you probably mean that no endgame grindersw will run it. Some people are not motivated by potential loot on any diff.
    and just how much of this games population do you think is made up of that demographic?
    Last edited by Ungood; 09-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.

  5. #25
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A3oN95 View Post
    I actually like the new loot mods, I just hate that the old ones are gone, because it gets ridiculously repetitive. When I started playing it was also like this, but that was because there simply weren't any more mods available. Now they exist, and yet, each time new mods appear, half of the old ones disappear without any warning or apparent reason.
    I like powerful random loot it makes chests interesting to open at every level; but I hate the new names, and I hate the very spreadsheet-tastic naming scheme that forces me to tool tip over every item. I also hate how utterly repetitive the new loot is.

    Add the cool missing affixes, let us cannith craft some of this stuff (at least put in some of it and +6 to +8 enhancements) and change the AH search functionality to search for the VALUES (Keen IV, Heartseeker VI) and conditionals (has augments of color X, is race restricted, has curse, has masterful/wonderous).
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  6. #26
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I would like to see the old powerful weapon abilities like obscenity (although I sometimes wonder if those weapons ever really dropped for more than a week) re-enter the loot tables. I would especially like to see convalescent parrying bracers re-enter the loot tables, hopefully at additional item slot options.
    Very much agree. Those affixes which combined two weapon functions were cool and interesting. And the fact they were fairly rare and BToCE made them not overpowered. My ranger has Night's Grasp longbow of Greater Aberration Bane -- easily best weapon for its level I ever found, and expect to use it at least until level 20.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  7. #27
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    and just how much of this games population do you think is made up of that demographic?
    enough. I assume you know that he ones raging on the forums are mostly powergamers, but that only a minority of players in game visit the forums.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  8. #28
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    enough. I assume you know that he ones raging on the forums are mostly powergamers, but that only a minority of players in game visit the forums.
    Well, a few points:

    First: According to this poll, it appears that the majority of the people who responded to it are moderate players, not hard core or grindersaws as you call them.

    Secondly: You really think it's "Enough", because as I see it, the dwindling LFM's for just typical quests of any difficulty and near non-existent LFM's for raids (even the newer raids which should still be seeing some action) it's most assuredly "Not Enough" but, it's more then none.

    So I'll ask again, what percent do you think makes up people not motivated by loot?

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    96

    Default

    I think the people who are motivated by loot are vastly over-represented on these forums. However, even though I'm not one of them, I think any change to loot which causes them to grind less is bad for me.

    Because their desire to grind for loot, it seems to me, was basically the core of the raiding scene. Those of us who aren't there to grind for loot just don't run the raids often enough to fill up raid parties on a regular basis.

  10. #30
    Community Member lugoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    As a fairly casual player, I find the new equipment interesting.
    Why all the hate?
    It is to good for basic quest loot. Normally the good stuff is held for raids. If normal loot can be better, why raid? Many think it will render a lot of content useless and never run anymore.

  11. #31
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    all i can say is i feel sorry for those that bought EE Dream Visor with exp stone
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    I think the people who are motivated by loot are vastly over-represented on these forums. However, even though I'm not one of them, I think any change to loot which causes them to grind less is bad for me.
    I think you're wrong, in that 1) the reason a lot of people like D&D is because of loot (and the options it opens for builds), whether online or paper, and 2) this thread is unrelated to the "loot vs playing for fun" argument, and random loot gen options greatly favors casual players - who, unless they are vendoring everything, will notice the differences when running stuff in game. Entirely unrelated to rerunning raids and whatnot for epic named drops. Removing those mods (it sounds like a lot were removed!) is a decrease in options, and I wonder if it's not just a bug with merging loot tables that's responsible. Has it been indicated that these mods are gone for good (intentionally)?

  13. #33

    Default I am begining to hate the new loot

    Well it first came out I thought wow some of this is way over powered (Deadly) and drops far to frequently, now I am sick of the sight of the current loot. Its hard to determine what the loot is without mousing over it (is that acid 2 or acid 3) and its the same stuff over and over and over and over and over. Where is the thrill of looking in the chest and seeing that rare combination which makes the item stand out. Now all I do is crush or sell everything.

    Have no idea what the developers were thinking and cause they didn't bother to communicate this change never will but someone should have a word to them about how having everything the same makes it all BORING after a while.

    No I am not a power gamer.

    Hurray up and fix the loot tables already.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    I think you're wrong, in that 1) the reason a lot of people like D&D is because of loot (and the options it opens for builds), whether online or paper
    Not sure how we could quantify "a lot of people". Personally, I have never heard the words "D&D" and "builds" uttered in the same conversation, if it was about the PnP version of the game. So just be aware there may be lots of people out there who have a very different experience from yours.

    To put it another way, nobody I've played PnP with ever thought in terms of "building" a character, and rarely even thought in terms of manipulating one's statistics. Rather, they were frustrated by the need to pay so much attention to game mechanics in the first place, and thus went back to older versions of the game than D&D 3.0 where there were no feat trees. And yet, they're potentially just as interested in an online version of D&D as you are.

    Removing those mods (it sounds like a lot were removed!) is a decrease in options, and I wonder if it's not just a bug with merging loot tables that's responsible. Has it been indicated that these mods are gone for good (intentionally)?
    I also wonder whether there were some unintentional loot table bugs. Things are so very bland and uniform now that it seems like there must be. I expect there were probably also some unintended consequences.

    However, the disappearance of the mods you're talking about was quite deliberate. And it has been indicated that the most recently added set of them (that is, Sun's Fury and all the other cool names) are not supposed to be coming back. For some others, like the Bane mods, it's less clear whether they should be back some day or not.

  15. #35
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    Not sure how we could quantify "a lot of people". Personally, I have never heard the words "D&D" and "builds" uttered in the same conversation, if it was about the PnP version of the game. So just be aware there may be lots of people out there who have a very different experience from yours.

    To put it another way, nobody I've played PnP with ever thought in terms of "building" a character, and rarely even thought in terms of manipulating one's statistics. Rather, they were frustrated by the need to pay so much attention to game mechanics in the first place, and thus went back to older versions of the game than D&D 3.0 where there were no feat trees. And yet, they're potentially just as interested in an online version of D&D as you are.
    Woah wait a moment there, just because we did not use the term "build" does not mean we did not spend an insane amount of time building our character. I have known people who spent days planning a new character for the next campaign, some of us were planning our next character while in the middle of our current campaign.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I agree with many here, the new stuff is a bit boring for having few options and some are overpowered.

    A really bad thing I noticed a while ago is: there's no Everbright anymore. Bad luck for all the new (melee) players without saved items or Cannith Crafting skills. Use handwraps or loose your weapon.

  17. #37
    Community Member psykopeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hidden in a secret hold
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    I think you're wrong, in that 1) the reason a lot of people like D&D is because of loot (and the options it opens for builds), whether online or paper, and 2) this thread is unrelated to the "loot vs playing for fun" argument, and random loot gen options greatly favors casual players - who, unless they are vendoring everything, will notice the differences when running stuff in game. Entirely unrelated to rerunning raids and whatnot for epic named drops. Removing those mods (it sounds like a lot were removed!) is a decrease in options, and I wonder if it's not just a bug with merging loot tables that's responsible. Has it been indicated that these mods are gone for good (intentionally)?
    W
    H
    A
    T
    ???????

    loot? d&d? a +1 at lvl 10!!! if u ever managed to hit 20 (takes a while, playing once a week can easily take over 2 years) u could feel REALLY lucky if u ever had a +3 item!!!

    D&D is all about dices/rolls and of course, rpg and the fun of irony 8like a lvl 10 toon being incapacitated by a lvl 1-2 kobold in an arena, that's the power of dices lol)

    loot is something that only would matter to grinding/farming players that aim for their shiny, absolutely no relation with d&D (and from my pov neither with fun)

    pls pls pls, don't say again that ppl plays/played d&d cause the loot, http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Treasure a little example

    wow is/was about loot, korean mmo games are/were about grinding, and both players migrated to ddo looking for the same that made em leave wow and korean games: grind half year killing same mob to lvl, grinding gear that next update will be outdated

    i came for ddo because googled: d&d download (y, was looking a game like baldur's gate, neverwinter, etc etc to download, easy ^_^uu )
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

  18. #38
    The Hatchery GeneralDiomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    I suppose the lack of certain effects on lootgen will carve a niche for crafting.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I would like for the Deadly gear to be renamed Deadly IV like the Wizardry IV gear.

    I would not like for the Wizardry IV gear to be renamed Wizardry gear.

  20. #40
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    I would like for the Deadly gear to be renamed Deadly IV like the Wizardry IV gear.

    I would not like for the Wizardry IV gear to be renamed Wizardry gear.
    You've doomed us all.

    I swear, if I get an "Ogre strength of wizardry"..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload