The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default Ninja Spy abilities tnot working with all piercing/slashing weapons

Despite Druid Wolf Form claiming to deal Piercing AND Slashing damage none of the Ninja Spy abilities seem to function with it

So far I've tested the following and had them not work:

- Ninja Training Core 1/2: Supposed to allow At/Dmg with Dex when centered and dealing piercing or slashing damage (note: Rangers improved finesse does work)

- Sting of the Ninja: while you are centered, your piercing and slashing weapons inflict your foes with a stack of Ninja Poison...same thing no affect at all despite critting multiple times

- Any abilities linked to ninja poison of course

Oddly enough despite improved weapon finesse not working with handwraps (see known issues) it does work with wolf from.

This also seems to not work with the Epic feat Vorpal Strikes or the Crystal Cove Brawling gloves.

If this is WAI please change the tooltip to be more clear as it its clearly not working with "piercing/slashing" weapons more like. Also if that's true please add an option for monks to do dex to damage in shintao because if any class in DDO could be called the "Finesse or Dexterous" fighter it would be the Monks yet that is missing from any of their tress beyond short swords. Wisdom is an alternative as well (even if it requires weapon finesse) very little about monk fighting style is based on brute force..its speed precision, wit and channeling ones inner strength (aka Chi or Ki)

Its a clip from a movie but its gives the general idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlaYHBynWuU

Well until he gets drunk at least...but thats a cool idea for 4th prestige tree for Monk..>Drunken Master...big focus on constitution based abilities.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-12-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

druid attacks are Bludgeon. Seems as if there are coded to bypass pierce / slash, not replace it.
    -ninja training 1/2: your unarmed attacks are bludgeon.
    -sting of the ninja: see above
    -improved weapon finesse working on wolf shouldn't if it doesn't work non-animal.
    -As for vorpal strikes, you bypass slashing, your attacks are still bludgeon for the sake of things such as I.C.
    -Crystal cove gloves do the pierce damage, not your weapon, i do believe this is WAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    The method of using brawling gloves to deal piercing damage is not actually appropriate, so the description is the bug in this situation, as it is not accurate enough!
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    druid attacks are Bludgeon. Seems as if there are coded to bypass pierce / slash, not replace it.
    This is true and it's not.

Druid animal forms are considered unarmed, they did this for ease of coding so that they could just use the monk unarmed code for ic.

Wolf forms absolutely however do no bludgeoning damage, it is only slashing piercing.

So true and not at the same time. It being ic: bludgeoning is just because of a coding gimick.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    -ninja training 1/2: your unarmed attacks are bludgeon.
    -sting of the ninja: see above
    -improved weapon finesse working on wolf shouldn't if it doesn't work non-animal.
    -As for vorpal strikes, you bypass slashing, your attacks are still bludgeon for the sake of things such as I.C.
    -Crystal cove gloves do the pierce damage, not your weapon, i do believe this is WAI.
    The next time a wolf scratch you or a bear mauls you, you can show me the lack of scrches on you...its a bug that they do need IC:Bludgeoning even the tooltips say they do piercing/slashing (piercing/bludgeon for bear) and when attacking their they do piercing and slashing (jump in wolf form and go smack a slime) so either fix the tool tips (and hire a someone to declaw every druid out there) or fix the abilities.

Speaking of druid abilities why your at it can you make bear/wolves pure physical abilities not spells....a raging bear cannot roar...so ridiculous.

Oh and improved weapon finesse not working with unarmed is a bug its in known issues I was just saying its interesting it works in Druid form...meaning clearly the coding is different which means druid code can freely be changed without affecting monks thus can be considered piercing.

Regardless of which the devs do (ie. fix the issue or give up and call it WAI) Monks (and other unarmed users that multi with monks ie. Druid/Monk in form) should have some way to have their unarmed use their dex or wisdom (the latter makes more sense to me) to damage and possibly attack (although dex to attack and wisdom to damage would make sense)...it would fit best in Shintao.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

if you equip a shortswords on a druid-monk and go into wolf form you get sting of the ninja to work, but equiping handwraps while in wolf form pervents this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    if you equip a shortswords on a druid-monk and go into wolf form you get sting of the ninja to work, but equiping handwraps while in wolf form pervents this.
    Thats not how it should work, when a druid in PnP shapeshifts their weapons meld with their new form and whilst any magical properties are retaining the actual damage type/crit profile/damage amount is based off of the creature you are...there's no reason beyond lazy coding to changes this (this goes for the druid abilities being spells as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Thats not how it should work, when a druid in PnP shapeshifts their weapons meld with their new form and whilst any magical properties are retaining the actual damage type/crit profile/damage amount is based off of the creature you are...there's no reason beyond lazy coding to changes this (this goes for the druid abilities being spells as well)
    You know... I don't recall if I tested quarterstaffs, its possible that it's a weapon/hand wrap issue rather then a wolf form issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    You know... I don't recall if I tested quarterstaffs, its possible that it's a weapon/hand wrap issue rather then a wolf form issue.
    I'm at my buddies for the weekend so won't have a chance to test that can you post your results here if you do try it. The more info the better/quicker the devs can fix it