Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Who cares about "need a +6 tome" or not. I only do things in games for FUN, I enjoy running events and I like the gear as well. With the way this is set up I wont get to enjoy running this event except for 3 nights a week Once per night. I will miss out on a lot of the gear, this reduces my fun, and makes me feel arbitrarily punished by Turbine. Because my play time doesn't align well to a 1 per night system. In past Mabars I could enjoy the event (and seriously I dig Mabar and cove if you don't that's fine I like dark beer I don't get snotty at people who don't) at a pace I liked and feel like I got rewarded. I could also go to work all night (I can't play during daytime) and just hit it harder when I was off. Same with Risia.

This arbitrary 1 per day thing is clearly meant to spread the grinding out and maybe also to lower lag... but what it really does is punish anyone who can't log in for 4 hours every day or night (or who log in after the dragon has been spawned!). I also really hope they remove the signet cost from minor stuff like Event Solar, and just make those cost Lich dusts or something (rare enough for sure). And maybe make some of the other rewards not require signets. As the one per day thing is going to lead to REALLY long grinds for anyone who logs on AFTER prime time, when the dragon has already spawned and wont spawn again for 20 hours because 90% of the server got their "1 per day" already.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Such as?

Funny because I very, very rarely ever see a build described that requires massive high-plus tomes. Most require moderate tomes at best; they're usually just extras. Many builds are described with stuff like "if you have 32 point builds do this, if only 28 points that's okay just do that".

So where are these builds where a +6 tome on one stat score makes such a big difference compared to +5 or +4?

There is no need to farm anything in this game. It's all self-imposed.
    Imposed by the game. If you want to be a useless gimp and burden on a party go ahead and stay with Korthos items then, no need to farm ANYTHING. Like +1 to that DC for free for EE isn't good enough of an incentive.

About the builds, just some examples which it is SO much easier to do with 6 tomes, dex based quarter staff (str tome for overwhelming crit), Improved Precise Shot on an arti or monk (requires 19 dex), any wis based caster (wis doesn't have as much sources). Just some examples, DDO has countless builds. And you're talking like +5 tomes are just dropping from the sky, here they give out +6 for free while +5 were on sale for TP just a week ago.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caged View Post
    If you want to be a useless gimp and burden on a party go ahead and stay with Korthos items then, no need to farm ANYTHING. Like +1 to that DC for free for EE isn't good enough of an incentive.
    One extra point on DCs transforms one from "gimp" to "uber"? Wow, I guess we were all "super gimps" before U19, right?

About the builds, just some examples which it is SO much easier to do with 6 tomes, dex based quarter staff (str tome for overwhelming crit),
    Don't need a +6 tome for that.

Improved Precise Shot on an arti or monk (requires 19 dex),
    Same.

any wis based caster (wis doesn't have as much sources).
    And same.

Just some examples, DDO has countless builds. And you're talking like +5 tomes are just dropping from the sky, here they give out +6 for free while +5 were on sale for TP just a week ago.
    They're not free, you have to take the time to run the content. And as others have said, they will probably be in the store before long -- will that be okay then?

Either way, they are entirely optional and completely unnecessary to do anything in this game. If you still really want one, getting four dragon completions over the course of a whole event doesn't strike me as terribly challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Yes exactly, no advantage is given, still have to grind some and get the dragon instance to spawn, it just allows those of us with odd blocks of play time, to enjoy the same chance at cool loot as people who have more steady free time, or more predictable free time.

This would work almost exactly like the Traveler egg hunt, you get X amount of tokens representing 1 possible signet you can earn per day for the duration of the event. So if it's two weeks then it's 14 tokens. Then it's up to me to do the dragons and earn the signets, you only get one per day. So if you miss a day you can do an extra run the next day.
    My laughable farce of a 'schedule' lately approves this message.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Guys I would ask you all to please stop arguing whether a +6 tome is needed/required/op etc. this is a thread asking for a simple and straight forward mechanic change that would let people who like playing the event do so when they have play time, and not punish them for not being able to log in every night. Thus enjoy the event more when they do have play time. That is all. The value/desirability/Necessity of +6 tomes is off topic and derailing and Turbine dev's tend to ignore threads that are full of squabbling.

Seems like a fair number of players in here think having a token per day would be a good idea, and work better for those of us who can't be on all day and night (think it terms of Europeans who log in early AM when the dragon spawned during prime time, and they miss out on a day because by the time mid day US rolls around and another dragon spawns they have already to called it a night. A token per day gives them the chance to "catch back up" if they can get a second dragon spawn on a weekend or something.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    One extra point on DCs transforms one from "gimp" to "uber"? Wow, I guess we were all "super gimps" before U19, right?

Don't need a +6 tome for that.

Same.

And same.

They're not free, you have to take the time to run the content. And as others have said, they will probably be in the store before long -- will that be okay then?

Either way, they are entirely optional and completely unnecessary to do anything in this game. If you still really want one, getting four dragon completions over the course of a whole event doesn't strike me as terribly challenging.
    Except, they have to take points out of their primary stat or con in order to get those feats. Having that extra point makes them significantly better. It doesn't seem like a big deal to you because you admittedly do not spend much time running epic elite quests, but having a min-maxed build makes running EEs a lot more fun and a lot less frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12