Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Mabar for those of us who have a life and a job:

    Can we change the hard limit of one signet per day for those of us who work a TON and have newborns, who have to miss a couple days so we're not getting totally shafted? If I don't get a signet for three days Let me join 3 dragons on the fourth day and try to get my Signets?

    Better yet Give EVERYONE A MABAR CHALLENGE TOKEN, 1 per day. This solves the issue entirely it allows me to run mabar harder when I have play time and not feel like I'm getting short changed because I have a life and job.

    I can only play a couple nights a week, I am sure I'm not the only one, in fact in a game with an older demographic I bet I'm normal and people who can play every night are unusual.

    This one per day limit seems extremely problematic, and punitive towards your most affluent players (i.e. those of us with disposable income).

    Please consider a token per day, its the right way to do it.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-12-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  2. #2
    2014 DDO Players Council alexthegood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Can we change the hard limit of one signet per day for those of us who work a TON and have newborns, who have to miss a couple days so we're not getting totally shafted? If I don't get a signet for three days Let me join 3 dragons on the fourth day and try to get my Signets?

    Better yet Give EVERYONE A MABAR CHALLENGE TOKEN, 1 per day. This solves the issue entirely it allows me to run mabar harder when I have play time and not feel like I'm getting short changed because I have a life and job.

    I can only play a couple nights a week, I am sure I'm not the only one, in fact in a game with an older demographic I bet I'm normal and people who can play every night are unusual.

    This one per day limit seems extremely problematic, and punitive towards your most affluent players (i.e. those of us with disposable income).

    Please consider a token per day, its the right way to do it.
    I agree.

  3. #3
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Can we change the hard limit of one signet per day for those of us who work a TON and have newborns, who have to miss a couple days so we're not getting totally shafted? If I don't get a signet for three days Let me join 3 dragons on the fourth day and try to get my Signets?

    Better yet Give EVERYONE A MABAR CHALLENGE TOKEN, 1 per day. This solves the issue entirely it allows me to run mabar harder when I have play time and not feel like I'm getting short changed because I have a life and job.

    I can only play a couple nights a week, I am sure I'm not the only one, in fact in a game with an older demographic I bet I'm normal and people who can play every night are unusual.

    This one per day limit seems extremely problematic, and punitive towards your most affluent players (i.e. those of us with disposable income).

    Please consider a token per day, its the right way to do it.
    Or, just sell the damn signets in the DDO store to allow those of us WITH jobs who absolutely despise Mabar to just buy our signets and be done with it. What's the difference in selling signets to trade in for a single +6 tome per toon, and selling +5 tomes? I don't see any.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    A daily token would be cool.

  5. #5
    Community Member Caged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default

    It should be like in any other game, token a day for logging in.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Why bother with the tokens? Heck, why even bother with the event?

    Let's just each get a +6 tome every day just for logging in.

  7. #7
    Community Member Kalevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Why bother with the tokens? Heck, why even bother with the event?

    Let's just each get a +6 tome every day just for logging in.
    nonsense.

    The daily token idea is great. It's the most fair for everyone IMHO.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    nonsense.

    The daily token idea is great. It's the most fair for everyone IMHO.
    So you log in for 30 seconds 4 times and you get a +6 tome? Not really that much different than my tongue-in-cheek suggestion.

    Sorry, MMOs aren't usually designed to reward people for not running the content.

    Yes, people have lives and get busy. I've missed out on a lot of stuff myself. That's how it goes.

  9. #9
    Community Member Caged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    So you log in for 30 seconds 4 times and you get a +6 tome? Not really that much different than my tongue-in-cheek suggestion.

    Sorry, MMOs aren't usually designed to reward people for not running the content.

    Yes, people have lives and get busy. I've missed out on a lot of stuff myself. That's how it goes.
    This isn't content, its an event, which means it runs only between certain dates. And when an event drops +6 tomes it means its a must farm. When it's a "must" farm it means people who don't have the time to farm it everyday or are on a different time zone get the shaft and a big one at that.

  10. #10

    Default

    Is there any facility to purchase signets with motes as with Spectral Dragonscales? Given the infrequent and highly random nature of accessing the Summoning Chamber, that would make for a good compromise for those with limited time. Just a thought.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  11. #11
    Community Member FURYous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    So you log in for 30 seconds 4 times and you get a +6 tome? Not really that much different than my tongue-in-cheek suggestion.
    I think the token would only allow you to get a signet for running the event if you meet all the other requirements and complete it successfully. It's not the end reward for completing the event.

    I think this is a good idea. You still only get 7 tokens a week, you still have to finish the event, you still have to get the keys ETC. You just get signets to run the events when you have time to.

    This would also allow you to run the event as often as you want but you would only get a signet when you have a token in your inventory or some such.
    Last edited by FURYous; 09-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    Choler 25 Brd 2TR | Enmity 25Clr | Exasperate 20Sor | Ferocity 6Ftr 2TR | Furyous 25Art 1TR | Hiddin 20Mnk | Infuryated 6Rng 1TR | Retributive 8Dru | Vehemence 23Rog 3TRs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 22Wiz 2TRs | Violence 28FvS Completionist 23TRs

  12. #12
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I disagree. If you want the best stuff, you have to work for it. If you can't log in, sorry bout your luck. There are plenty of things I've missed out on because of timing.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caged View Post
    This isn't content, its an event, which means it runs only between certain dates. And when an event drops +6 tomes it means its a must farm. When it's a "must" farm it means people who don't have the time to farm it everyday or are on a different time zone get the shaft and a big one at that.
    No, it's not a "must farm". There are plenty of people who survive just fine without +3 or +4 tomes, much less higher-level ones. Really. There is no such thing as a "must" anything in this game, no matter how much people try to convince themselves that there is.

    Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    I think the token would only allow you to run the event if you meet all the other requirements and complete it successfully. It's not the end reward for completing the event.

    I think this is a good idea. You still only get to run the event 7 times a week, you still have to finish the event, you still have to get the keys ETC. You just get run the events when you have time to.
    So you can run it N times over the course of N days, rather than only once per day N times. That does seem reasonable. (Of course people would still complain because they can't grind it a zillion times the first day.)

  14. #14
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Actually I take it back. Daily tokens would be win, because then I only have to spend 1 soul-crushing day doing Maban, instead of 7.

    BRING ON THE DAILY TOKENS!

  15. #15
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Can we change the hard limit of one signet per day for those of us who work a TON and have newborns, who have to miss a couple days so we're not getting totally shafted? If I don't get a signet for three days Let me join 3 dragons on the fourth day and try to get my Signets?

    Better yet Give EVERYONE A MABAR CHALLENGE TOKEN, 1 per day. This solves the issue entirely it allows me to run mabar harder when I have play time and not feel like I'm getting short changed because I have a life and job.

    I can only play a couple nights a week, I am sure I'm not the only one, in fact in a game with an older demographic I bet I'm normal and people who can play every night are unusual.

    This one per day limit seems extremely problematic, and punitive towards your most affluent players (i.e. those of us with disposable income).

    Please consider a token per day, its the right way to do it.

    Agreed....


    I am out there working to make money to buy loads of points etc. in the DDO store, not sitting at home in my parents basement (or on some sort of disability or pension) trying to squeeze as much "free play" I can out of the game.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  16. #16
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Can we change the hard limit of one signet per day for those of us who work a TON and have newborns
    Priorities.

    Your newborn or a pile of pixels?

  17. #17
    Community Member Caged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    No, it's not a "must farm". There are plenty of people who survive just fine without +3 or +4 tomes, much less higher-level ones. Really. There is no such thing as a "must" anything in this game, no matter how much people try to convince themselves that there is.



    So you can run it N times over the course of N days, rather than only once per day N times. That does seem reasonable. (Of course people would still complain because they can't grind it a zillion times the first day.)
    It is a "must" farm, +6 tomes don't drop, at all. When they just give them out like this right after people BOUGHT +5 tomes, makes it a "must" farm. There is a reason I write it as "must", it's because these tomes are probably among the best loot you can get in the game. You'd usually have to farm 20 completions just to get a chance at +5 tomes and here they just give them out on a silver platter, FOR A LIMITED TIME. That's the issue. +6 Tomes make a big difference in a lot of builds.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caged View Post
    +6 Tomes make a big difference in a lot of builds.
    Such as?

    Funny because I very, very rarely ever see a build described that requires massive high-plus tomes. Most require moderate tomes at best; they're usually just extras. Many builds are described with stuff like "if you have 32 point builds do this, if only 28 points that's okay just do that".

    So where are these builds where a +6 tome on one stat score makes such a big difference compared to +5 or +4?

    There is no need to farm anything in this game. It's all self-imposed.

  19. #19
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    So you log in for 30 seconds 4 times and you get a +6 tome? Not really that much different than my tongue-in-cheek suggestion.

    Sorry, MMOs aren't usually designed to reward people for not running the content.

    Yes, people have lives and get busy. I've missed out on a lot of stuff myself. That's how it goes.
    Hey before this blows up over a simple misunderstanding:

    I am asking for a TOKEN that allows me to run the event to get the signet. NOT a free signet every day. In other words I go to work and can not log in for 3 days, I can still run the Dragon 3 times when I get home and have time I can play... the same as someone who logged in all three days. This allows everyone a fair shot at running dragons and trying to get tomes. I will have to run it harder when I have the time, which is okay, and works out for everyone.

    As it stands I can play 3 nights out of the week. It will take me two weeks to win one +6 tome at 6 signets. So, whereas someone with predictable play time who can run it every night for 14 signets or 2 +6 tomes and a 2 left for "Festival solar" or something.

    With daily tokens I can earn the same 14 signets, by doing the same 14 dragons, only chrunched into my available play time. I realize they are trying to spread the event out longer with this 1 per day mechanic and also limit the amount of rewards people can take... so the token system still allows for that, it just adds a little flexibility.

    I am only asking to not be punished for having kids and a job.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-13-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  20. #20
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    So you can run it N times over the course of N days, rather than only once per day N times. That does seem reasonable. (Of course people would still complain because they can't grind it a zillion times the first day.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Actually I take it back. Daily tokens would be win, because then I only have to spend 1 soul-crushing day doing Maban, instead of 7.

    BRING ON THE DAILY TOKENS!
    Yes exactly, no advantage is given, still have to grind some and get the dragon instance to spawn, it just allows those of us with odd blocks of play time, to enjoy the same chance at cool loot as people who have more steady free time, or more predictable free time.

    This would work almost exactly like the Traveler egg hunt, you get X amount of tokens representing 1 possible signet you can earn per day for the duration of the event. So if it's two weeks then it's 14 tokens. Then it's up to me to do the dragons and earn the signets, you only get one per day. So if you miss a day you can do an extra run the next day.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-13-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload