So, I'm getting the itch to TR my main character (Archarias) once again (after just completing my final sorcerer life not 3 days ago). I saw that the druid class is now on sale (I didn't buy the full motu expansion, just the standard, like, the very day it came out so I didn't get the class), and have a serious inclination to buy it and play one. Just one thing: I'm pretty much a total newbie when it comes to druids. The closest I ever came to playing one was in Neverwinter Nights, and I never stuck with it.
- Past lives: I have 3 cleric, 3 sorcerer, 3 wizard, 2 favored soul, and 1 bard past lives. I'm sure that will be more than enough to make a good druid.
- I want it to be a pure 20 druid; those that know me know I'm sort of a purist and don't multiclass any of my characters, especially spellcasters.
- Race is up for debate, but I'm heavily leaning towards human for the extra feat and skill points (and a decent racial tree). I don't own half elves, so that's out of the question (nor do I wish to look like I'm made of plastic).
On to the questions:
1. What is a druid build? I'm assuming a spellcaster druid is pretty much a standard build of maxing WIS and then CON with enough STR to avoid helplessness and maybe some INT for skill points. I really have no interest in melee druids (especially on a spellcaster character with no monk, paladin, barbarian, or fighter lives).
2. Feats: I'm once again assuming it's a typical caster build, but, like cleric, bard, and wizard, some metamagic feats aren't always needed or wanted. Is it the standard maximize/empower/heighten/quicken with the options of extend and empower healing? Are there other feats druids take? Which would take more importance; conjuration, transmutation, or evocation focus? I have +3 conjuration and evocation trough past lives.
3. Spells: I would think this is my weakest point on druids; I've seen the storms and earthquakes in parties, but I pretty much know nothing about the druid spell list other than they have HoT healing and a mixture of water, lightning, and fire spells. From seeing things, I think I'd be leaning more towards the water/lightning type of stuff, but I'm not entirely sure how the season things work, and I'm not sure which spells are must-have and avoid-like-the-plague. I heard they change automatically or something, but never really paid much attention.
4. Gear: The whole druidic oath thing sounds easy enough to understand. Once again, I'm assuming this is the standard spellcaster gear with the exception of metal weapons and armor.
5. Enhancements: Season's Herald seems obvious as a main tree. Are there must-have enhancements or things from the other druid tree? On a side note, what would be considered a good spellcasting druid's epic destiny? I heard primal avatar is fairly weak and I know some druids go for draconic for the spellpower and evocation/conjuration DC's, even though it doesn't increase caster levels.
Anything else I may have missed? Comments to add?